• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How will regular valium usage interact with occasional opiate usage?(HARM PREVENTION)

GrandMasterFrillz

Greenlighter
So my friend has been using Valium for about 3 to 4 months now, usually, most days she takes about 2.5mg; however sometimes she'll leave a 36 - 48 hour interval between dosing and takes 3.5 - 5mg. VERY OCCASIONALLY (usually after a heavy night on the town) she'll take 5 - 10mg. So it's safe to say that due to the half life of diazepam, she probably has the substance in her at all times, although the amount in her bloodstream would be fairly low, I would imagine.

She occasionally uses optiates recreactionally (once every couple of months); so it's not a habitual thing at all, but she's not done it since starting to use benzos on a regular basis. Now I know mixing benzos and opiates is VERY DANGEROUS; so I advised her to proceed with caution, but I don't know very much about the subject so I thought I would post here, just to make sure she's safe in what she's doing. I'd like to know what the inherent dangers are involved in using:

- codeine (150 - 200mg [without paracetamol, cold-water extraction]), 24 hours after having taken 2.5mg of Valium? (or having spaced out the last dose 24 hours +)
- Insufflating Oxycontin (5-10mg) after having taken valium 24 + hours ago?
- Insufflating heroin (5mg of S.E China White) after having taken valium 24 + hours ago?

Remember to bare in mind that she is probably going to have some benzos in her bloodstream, it's difficult to say how much, but if reguar usage is assumed of 2.5mg daly, over the course of a month, how will the opiates interact with the benzos after having waiting 24 + hours since taking the last 2.5mg dose of valium?

I'd like to thank you very much on behalf of my friend, cheers!

Last edited: