• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How well does Suboxone work for pain relief?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
My friend was prescribed 8mg/2mg Suboxone last week and just injured her neck 2 days ago. She hasn't taken any Subs yet because she's nervous about how it'll affect her. Now that she's in pain she want to take one now. What can she expect? Will she get a buzz/high? Will it provide pain relief? Is the any chance of overdosing? She has a medium opiate tolerance as well btw. Thanks in advance!

If she didnt have a tolerance, she could expect some analgesic effects, with a tolerance she can expect little high, or analgesia. Chance of overdose is low, buprenorphine has a ceiling effect at 32mgs. Stay away from alcohol. Although many have agreed, that THC, induces analgesia in buprenorphine.

- SS373dOH

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. She told me that she's going to take it tomorrow so there's time to get some more replies on here. Haha. So it seems its all dependant on getting some answers on here.. One more question, does it matter if she takes it on a full or empty stomach? Since oxy and all usually is better on an empty stomach is it the same for subs?

If she didnt have a tolerance, she could expect some analgesic effects, with a tolerance she can expect little high, or analgesia. Chance of overdose is low, buprenorphine has a ceiling effect at 32mgs. Stay away from alcohol. Although many have agreed, that THC, induces analgesia in buprenorphine.

- SS373dOH
wow, I have never thought of this till now, but you really do lose all pain when suboxone/weed come into play. I just so happen to be high right now and take my usually morning dose and am noticing I can barely feel a thing when touching/poking/pain on myself. somehow never noticed this in years and years of both but now that I read it I can see why.