Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How well does Ibogaine work?

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
It's in the title guy's.

I know about statistics for combatting withdrawals from addiction,but what I would like to know is how effective it is for the debilitating depression following withdrawals and clinical depression unrelated to withdrawals?

Is it something that can be taken once in a while to improve mood? Rather than taking antidepressants daily?

I understand that after a treatment with ibogaine you have to restructure your life to stop relapses into old habits. My problems are not just addiction but also matters of the heart. I've closed down over the years,so I don't commit to anything for fear of failure,but this in its self is failure. I m tired of getting it wrong,being incorrectly perceived by people and going through the same old shit even though a lot of its from my own doing. The more I'm cut off from people the harder it is to build trusting meaningful relationships.

Maybe have a look here:

Try small daily doses of 25-300 mg/day, where the dose is gradually increased each day until it is felt to have been effective for eliminating WDs/cravings. Iboga accumulates in the body. It remains in the body for more than 4 weeks. This means that all the drops you take in a 5-week period will accumulate and remain in your body until they slowly wear off. If the dose you take exceeds 10 drops a day, physical and psychological effects effects can occur. Be aware of that some people respond highly sensitively to a few drops only. It's important to listen to the signs of your body at all times and adjust your dosage accordingly. It's better not to take the iboga tincture before going to sleep. The plant gives you energy and might cause insomnia.

Whilst treating yourself with iboga, it is advisable to keep stimulants such as coffee to a minimum, as well as tobacco or certain herbs. Your receptors will become very sensitive and you may have an unexpectedly strong reaction to them. It is strongly discouraged to combine iboga with other psychedelics. Iboga should never be combined with anti-depressant medication such as SSRI's. Such a combination would be very dangerous.

Last edited:
1*YSqU2TWiPN6CImEo7FmIZg.jpeg

Iboga TA for cigarette addiction

I had my trip on Thursday morning. I was scared to indulge in the iboga after my last relapse. Things just weren't the same, I was simply terrified. But I had to do it. I needed to quit cigarettes and get rid of my drug cravings that had resurfaced.

I had tried to quit the cigarettes on my own, but I wasn't even able to go a full 24 hours without them. It was extremely difficult for me. I have heard that every time you start smoking cigarettes again it gets harder to quit than the last time. I had never really believed that until now.

So here I was, finding quitting extremely difficult, kicking myself in the ass for my relapse and feeling quite literally lost. Everything had fallen apart. And the best I could do was literally pretend to myself and to everyone around me that everything was okay, when in fact... it wasn't, at all. I felt like I was never going to get out of the mess that I had made for myself! I had lost all faith in myself and the entire universe around me!

I had my last smoke Wednesday night and decided to go to bed, even though I had been taking short naps all day to forget my miserable existence. I awoke Thursday morning bright and early to a crystal meth dream. How could this be? I had only relapsed on crystal meth for 2 days prior! I had a solid half year from the actual stuff beforehand... How could 2 days bring on such a strong surreal dream of the stuff!? "What am I supposed to do now?" I thought to myself.

That was enough for me, I told myself it was now or never. So in I went to my drawer with the iboga TA extract. I had weighed and capsuled the iboga beforehand, so all was prepared. Even though it was 5am and the house was sound asleep, I felt ready and clearly, I was. I ingested a Gravol to help with the nausea 30 minutes prior to ingesting the iboga TA, and then I ingested the 5 iboga TA capsules (1.5 grams in total).

No turning back now.

An hour after ingesting the capsules it began. The Gravol seemed to be working okay for the nausea. I had a heart and blood pressure monitor right beside me for the entire trip in case anything was off, but everything went smoothly.

There were lots of visions during my experience, but I find iboga's visions to be very gentle and subtle. They're not as much in your face like a mushroom or LSD trip. The actual message itself is the gold (I don't do it for the visions). If you're looking for a visual trip, look elsewhere. Ayahuasca perhaps.

I was told so many insightful, truthful and loving things by the spirit of iboga. It is a very powerful tool for our recovery, and an even stronger entity like being. More powerful than anyone can actually put into words (it is something one has to actually experience themselves to fully grasp. I had a pen and paper right beside me for anything important that came up, as I didn't want to take the chance at forgetting anything meaningful (and I still have my iboga notes today and will always keep them close to heart).

This was it, my last chance and my new beginning. And God damn, that is literally exactly what it was. I'm so happy I chose to do the iboga TA. When used properly and safely it is literally the most helpful thing out there. I've gone to meetings, rehabs, jails & institutions. Iboga without a doubt is it. A gift from the actual God himself without a single doubt in my mind now.

It's incredible. Not only has the substance eliminated my cravings and desires for drugs. Not only has it showed me literally a whole new way of living. It's even given me my actual faith back. And I mean like actual. I have a religion again. I believe in a real God. A "higher power". A universal love. Whatever the hell you wanna call it. I believe. I've literally been shown the true power, and that's nothing anyone can take away from me. It's just incredible really. I'm so happy again.

I was just literally shown soooo much, and in such a short period too!!! Just nutz. It really is like doing 10 years of therapy in one night. I also love the comparison I've heard other people make when they say it's like defragmenting your brain. And it is. Cleaning out the cob webs. Going back to a simple time. Renewing yourself. Going back to your youth!

Some other words I've heard used towards Iboga are; "the cure", "a reset", etc. and I would agree. But it's not just like you take it and that's it. I had to do my proper research. I had to know what I was getting into. I had read that iboga can be used as a catalyst to quit smoking cigarettes, and that's what I decided to use it for (referring to the actual cigarette addiction).

I've gotten myself back, and to me, that's more than I could have asked for. It was literally worth all the puking. Iboga is not an easy substance to go through that's for sure. As I have heard one of my mentors speak about in one of his documentaries say, "It's the hard way to pray."

Anyways yeah, it's sweet. It's helped me in so many ways. It explained to me the dangers of the substances that I was using in depth, and showed me my truest heart. It separated me from my addiction, and that seems to be how it was actually able to do that without the addiction getting in my way for a change.

Because it was an inner spirit that seemed to be connected to me somehow, I was able to believe in it and still do to this day (multiple days after the experience). And even better, because I am not on benzos anymore, I will literally remember and cherish my whole experience for a change, so that's nice too lol.

It wasn't like some random stranger preaching at me or bitching at a meeting. It was something bigger. So much bigger. It was real. More down to earth than anything really out there. Actually understandable I guess you could say.

The iboga spirit literally healed me! The substance itself literally does have way more potential than a lot of people out there give it, that's for sure! There's nothing out there that compares in benefit for the human race. It is truly that actual "it." And I actually believe that now that I've lived it myself.

Since then I haven't had a single cigarette. I literally quit overnight like it was nothing. I was surprised at how easy and willing I actually became. Even as I write this now, I haven't had a cigarette going on 5 days now thanks to the Iboga and I literally feel great! And my actual cravings to drugs and substances has vanished completely. I'm not haunted with thoughts or dreams about using crystal meth anymore. I was shown the bads of that substance overnight and given a lesson I'll never forget. I've got myself back!

I had a hole in my heart from the substances that I was using and now that hole just isn't there anymore. I'm back to me. I can do whatever I want again and feel happy and know that I'm no longer a slave to evil.

The only thing I will note is I found that even though I had only taken 50mgs of Gravol beforehand, I still found the Gravol to put a groggy feeling on me during the beginning of the experience and this I would rather go without. Even though it did help me puke a lot less.

Another thing I had realized after going into the experience (that I want to make note of here) is that my last relapse with the substances had actually overridden me and caused me to hate iboga for some reason. I don't mean hate hate, what I mean is, yeah they simply override things. It was as if I had forgotten everything I was shown the last trip and had now succumb to the sin that the substances had been creating (even though deep down I knew it was all wrong).

And like I said, I was scared as hell to go back into the iboga, but I knew something had to be done!!!! And I'm sure as hell glad I did now.

My love for iboga is back and so is my love for my life. An A+++ experience!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...stimonial-2018

1*YSqU2TWiPN6CImEo7FmIZg.jpeg

Iboga TA for cigarette addiction

I had my trip on Thursday morning. I was scared to indulge in the iboga after my last relapse. Things just weren't the same, I was simply terrified. But I had to do it. I needed to quit cigarettes and get rid of my drug cravings that had resurfaced.

I had tried to quit the cigarettes on my own, but I wasn't even able to go a full 24 hours without them. It was extremely difficult for me. I have heard that every time you start smoking cigarettes again it gets harder to quit than the last time. I had never really believed that until now.

So here I was, finding quitting extremely difficult, kicking myself in the ass for my relapse and feeling quite literally lost. Everything had fallen apart. And the best I could do was literally pretend to myself and to everyone around me that everything was okay, when in fact... it wasn't, at all. I felt like I was never going to get out of the mess that I had made for myself! I had lost all faith in myself and the entire universe around me!

I had my last smoke Wednesday night and decided to go to bed, even though I had been taking short naps all day to forget my miserable existence. I awoke Thursday morning bright and early to a crystal meth dream. How could this be? I had only relapsed on crystal meth for 2 days prior! I had a solid half year from the actual stuff beforehand... How could 2 days bring on such a strong surreal dream of the stuff!? "What am I supposed to do now?" I thought to myself.

That was enough for me, I told myself it was now or never. So in I went to my drawer with the iboga TA extract. I had weighed and capsuled the iboga beforehand, so all was prepared. Even though it was 5am and the house was sound asleep, I felt ready and clearly, I was. I ingested a Gravol to help with the nausea 30 minutes prior to ingesting the iboga TA, and then I ingested the 5 iboga TA capsules (1.5 grams in total).

No turning back now.

An hour after ingesting the capsules it began. The Gravol seemed to be working okay for the nausea. I had a heart and blood pressure monitor right beside me for the entire trip in case anything was off, but everything went smoothly.

There were lots of visions during my experience, but I find iboga's visions to be very gentle and subtle. They're not as much in your face like a mushroom or LSD trip. The actual message itself is the gold (I don't do it for the visions). If you're looking for a visual trip, look elsewhere. Ayahuasca perhaps.

I was told so many insightful, truthful and loving things by the spirit of iboga. It is a very powerful tool for our recovery, and an even stronger entity like being. More powerful than anyone can actually put into words (it is something one has to actually experience themselves to fully grasp. I had a pen and paper right beside me for anything important that came up, as I didn't want to take the chance at forgetting anything meaningful (and I still have my iboga notes today and will always keep them close to heart).

This was it, my last chance and my new beginning. And God damn, that is literally exactly what it was. I'm so happy I chose to do the iboga TA. When used properly and safely it is literally the most helpful thing out there. I've gone to meetings, rehabs, jails & institutions. Iboga without a doubt is it. A gift from the actual God himself without a single doubt in my mind now.

It's incredible. Not only has the substance eliminated my cravings and desires for drugs. Not only has it showed me literally a whole new way of living. It's even given me my actual faith back. And I mean like actual. I have a religion again. I believe in a real God. A "higher power". A universal love. Whatever the hell you wanna call it. I believe. I've literally been shown the true power, and that's nothing anyone can take away from me. It's just incredible really. I'm so happy again.

I was just literally shown soooo much, and in such a short period too!!! Just nutz. It really is like doing 10 years of therapy in one night. I also love the comparison I've heard other people make when they say it's like defragmenting your brain. And it is. Cleaning out the cob webs. Going back to a simple time. Renewing yourself. Going back to your youth!

Some other words I've heard used towards Iboga are; "the cure", "a reset", etc. and I would agree. But it's not just like you take it and that's it. I had to do my proper research. I had to know what I was getting into. I had read that iboga can be used as a catalyst to quit smoking cigarettes, and that's what I decided to use it for (referring to the actual cigarette addiction).

I've gotten myself back, and to me, that's more than I could have asked for. It was literally worth all the puking. Iboga is not an easy substance to go through that's for sure. As I have heard one of my mentors speak about in one of his documentaries say, "It's the hard way to pray."

Anyways yeah, it's sweet. It's helped me in so many ways. It explained to me the dangers of the substances that I was using in depth, and showed me my truest heart. It separated me from my addiction, and that seems to be how it was actually able to do that without the addiction getting in my way for a change.

Because it was an inner spirit that seemed to be connected to me somehow, I was able to believe in it and still do to this day (multiple days after the experience). And even better, because I am not on benzos anymore, I will literally remember and cherish my whole experience for a change, so that's nice too lol.

It wasn't like some random stranger preaching at me or bitching at a meeting. It was something bigger. So much bigger. It was real. More down to earth than anything really out there. Actually understandable I guess you could say.

The iboga spirit literally healed me! The substance itself literally does have way more potential than a lot of people out there give it, that's for sure! There's nothing out there that compares in benefit for the human race. It is truly that actual "it." And I actually believe that now that I've lived it myself.

Since then I haven't had a single cigarette. I literally quit overnight like it was nothing. I was surprised at how easy and willing I actually became. Even as I write this now, I haven't had a cigarette going on 5 days now thanks to the Iboga and I literally feel great! And my actual cravings to drugs and substances has vanished completely. I'm not haunted with thoughts or dreams about using crystal meth anymore. I was shown the bads of that substance overnight and given a lesson I'll never forget. I've got myself back!

I had a hole in my heart from the substances that I was using and now that hole just isn't there anymore. I'm back to me. I can do whatever I want again and feel happy and know that I'm no longer a slave to evil.

The only thing I will note is I found that even though I had only taken 50mgs of Gravol beforehand, I still found the Gravol to put a groggy feeling on me during the beginning of the experience and this I would rather go without. Even though it did help me puke a lot less.

Another thing I had realized after going into the experience (that I want to make note of here) is that my last relapse with the substances had actually overridden me and caused me to hate iboga for some reason. I don't mean hate hate, what I mean is, yeah they simply override things. It was as if I had forgotten everything I was shown the last trip and had now succumb to the sin that the substances had been creating (even though deep down I knew it was all wrong).

And like I said, I was scared as hell to go back into the iboga, but I knew something had to be done!!!! And I'm sure as hell glad I did now.

My love for iboga is back and so is my love for my life. An A+++ experience!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...stimonial-2018

That was awesome Mr.peabody. You answered a lot of questions that I had in my mind about the healing that iboga can provide.

I shall be using the hcl. I've managed to find a sitter so can take a flood dose now. I think I would rather get it over and done with than microdosing,then have a booster if needed later in the days,weeks or months to come. Not only that but I would like to experience Grandfather iboga in his full glory.

Visuals are not that important to me. I prefer 5-meo-DMT over nn-DMT. Although I understand that visuals from iboga are different than conventional psychedelics in that its more like lucid dreaming. This I am looking forward to and the messages they will bring. Xorkoths trip report on erowid was like no other I've read when it came to this waking dream state.

Thanks for sharing your experience Mr Peabody. I find reading things on BL sometimes trigger an unconscious need to experience whatever is needed at the time,almost as if being guided by a higher power. And sometimes they can awaken the devil in us to do things we know are bad,the duality.Being present in the moment should help us to choose the previous than the later.

A really nice account indeed. Makes me wonder why I put up with all the hassles associated with fly agaric when something as versatile and strong yet nevertheless quite straightforward as iboga is around!

Oh well, science. :)

@ mr.peabody

When taking a flood dose do you take the whole dose in one go or do you stagger the dosing? I know to take a test dose first to see how I react.

Or anyone else whose reading this who's experienced iboga.

Thanks

A really nice account indeed. Makes me wonder why I put up with all the hassles associated with fly agaric when something as versatile and strong yet nevertheless quite straightforward as iboga is around!

Oh well, science. :)
I take it you were using fly agaric for spiritual purposes and not to combat addiction?