R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How well could a polygamist marriage

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
(left the word "work" our of the title)

I've have a new found respect for old school Mormonism. Nowadays, Mormonism has changed so much of it's views relating to polygamy, race, or lgbt issues... I think it's pretty stupid. I mean... if you have to adapt the religion to modern times, then you're admitting that Joseph Smith is full of shit. And if you don't believe in what Joseph Smith taught, then why be a Mormon?

However, some Mormons do practice polygamy even to this day... Other religions do it too. After seeing a documentary, I have respect for the practice. For one, we have some misconceptions. The first being that one cannot love two or more women.
I believe you can... However, I don't believe polygamists are capable of "true love", but I believe "true love" is extremely rare anyway...
The love displayed in their religion is unique though...
You'd think there is jealously, but not ideally. The women involved seem to love each other as well. They casually refer to each other as "sisters" and are happy to be with thier man and each other. One of them said happily, "If something were to happen to my husband, I would atleast know that I'm not alone, and that I'd have someone to stay with and raise my children with"

Keep that in mind, if a man were to die, the women would still be with one another and even continue to raise their children as a family unit. It's not exactly lesbianism (but I'm not denying such a thing doesn't go on)... In a way, they're more than friends, but not lovers. In a proper polygamist union, the women are to treat each other like family.

If you know me politically, you can guess that I support the legalization of polygamist marriage, but I think if the women can get along, it can actually be a very beautiful relationship. With multiple partners working together, it seems pretty financially secure. Women also have the assurance that if their husbands die or get hurt, they wouldn't be raising kids alone... Obviously this isn't for everyone, but for those it works with... I respect them.