• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How weed affects people differently.

n0duff

Greenlighter
So from the ages of 20-24 I regularly smoked and vaped high quality weed, not all day but in general I would have at least a spliff and some vape bowls every night. The weed was always very strong and a good mixture of sativas and indicas. Now I had started noticing that my anxiety was increasing on a day to day basis and it got to the point where my performance at work was suffering.

The anxiety wasn't crippling but it would normally involve being overly nervous and anxious when anything out of my routine changed and generally being fuzzy headed for most mornings and afternoons. I also spent a lot of time in my own head during this phase and would think about things I had to do or had done over and over again analyzing every little detail.

I decided to quit vaping and high grade weed altogether around a year ago and can honestly say that it's been a great decision. Now don't get me wrong I still regularly smoke hash but it's good quality traditional hash like caramelo and pollen. I have certainly noticed the positive effects of the more milder cannabis and can still enjoy getting a little high but without the other negatives.

This brings me to how weed affects certain people, for example I have know many people (at least 4 at my work) that weed just doesn't agree with. They are basically shells of their former selves. They display classic signs of anxiety and depression and almost all of them agree it's the weed that does it but they don't/cant stop. This is in stark contrast to people who smoke regulary and live active healthy lifestyles and accomplish all that they set out to do.

I guess my point is that frequent weed use can go either way for a lot of people and it's not rare at all that it can lead down a dark path. I believe the chances of a negative habit are far higher than some people would like to believe. I have tried discussing this IRL with fellow stoners but mostly get met with "Oh weeds harmless, you don't know what you're talking about".

Last edited:
Traditional hashes have a lot of CBD, might play a part in it.

If I'm by my self it always gives me an erection, so thats a plus. I loved weed and still do but quitting 3 years ago was probably the best choice I ever made when it comes to vices.

Salutations N0Duff,

...many people (at least 4 at my work) that weed just doesn't agree with.

Well, my guess is that's to be expected if your work place employs at least ~70 persons where 35 % of them would never touch cannabis anyway, while all of others happen to carry cannabis around and 9 % of them turned out to have personal health issues with this substance...

=D

Salutations N0Duff,

Well, my guess is that's to be expected if your work place employs at least ~70 persons where 35 % of them would never touch cannabis anyway, while all of others happen to carry cannabis around and 9 % of them turned out to have personal health issues with this substance...

=D

Haha good math, the reason I chose that example though was due to the relatively small work force (17 in total). To be fair I am talking about the catering industry where abusers and miscreants fit straight in...

Hi again N0duff,

To be fair I am talking about the catering industry where abusers and miscreants fit straight in...

Yes, unfortunately i've just read a report only a few hours ago about CBD extracts specifically aimed at young children suffering from severe deseases that this could help with, only to read some disturbing statements about serious health issues resulting from prohibition, since it seems the hemp CBDs can end up with way too much contaminants in them while it would be so much simpler/safe to use the real thing...

Search for the CBD Project, you'll read about hemp being good at extracting heavy metals from the soil, while minute CBD amounts leads to larger volumes being required to extract CBD oil... Not to mention other sources of contaminants, notably dangerous solvants as i recall. If i wanted to derail the apparent decriminalisation wave that's exactly what i'd hope for: children threatened as a result of artificially inflated prices!

So maybe i'll have to revist later to read-proof, etc.

Good day, have fun!

=D

Hi again N0duff,

Yes, unfortunately i've just read a report only a few hours ago about CBD extracts specifically aimed at young children suffering from severe deseases that this could help with, only to read some disturbing statements about serious health issues resulting from prohibition, since it seems the hemp CBDs can end up with way too much contaminants in them while it would be so much simpler/safe to use the real thing...

Search for the CBD Project, you'll read about hemp being good at extracting heavy metals from the soil, while minute CBD amounts leads to larger volumes being required to extract CBD oil... Not to mention other sources of contaminants, notably dangerous solvants as i recall. If i wanted to derail the apparent decriminalisation wave that's exactly what i'd hope for: children threatened as a result of artificially inflated prices!

So maybe i'll have to revist later to read-proof, etc.

Good day, have fun!

=D

Not sure how this relates to the thread content?

I think it's alot about control and managing how much you smoke. I smoked for about three years straight never taking time off from being high, I let it control me. Once I backed off I found I enjoyed it more. There so many different highs you can get now that I. Your in a legal state or have a good connection then you can manage it really easy

I've been both types of person... For a while I smoked à volonté all day long for 2-3 years. Noticed that it was affecting my life in almost all aspects: social, academic, mentally and spiritually and mostly in a not so good way. I've since tapered down gradually and at some point had to stop completely as smoking any amount of weed would just make very anxious the first 30 minutes of the high or so. I then got some afghan (another good traditional type of hash) and realized I could smoke that no problem. I smoked that every evening for a few months until I got bored of it. I then switched back to weed and remembered why I always liked weed more than hash, it just gives a much more engaging high than the mellow, sedative type you get from hash. Anxiety and that were gone though, I guess hash can serve as a sort of thing to switch to now and again when your weed smoking is getting a little out of control.

I've been both types of person... For a while I smoked à volonté all day long for 2-3 years. Noticed that it was affecting my life in almost all aspects: social, academic, mentally and spiritually and mostly in a not so good way. I've since tapered down gradually and at some point had to stop completely as smoking any amount of weed would just make very anxious the first 30 minutes of the high or so. I then got some afghan (another good traditional type of hash) and realized I could smoke that no problem. I smoked that every evening for a few months until I got bored of it. I then switched back to weed and remembered why I always liked weed more than hash, it just gives a much more engaging high than the mellow, sedative type you get from hash. Anxiety and that were gone though, I guess hash can serve as a sort of thing to switch to now and again when your weed smoking is getting a little out of control.

That's cool man, glad it worked out well. I never really rule out smoking some nice buds in the future but the hash seems to work for me at the minute.

Good tip to any smokers feeling the negative effects then, trying switching to a milder smoke for a while. Good quality Thai weed is awesome!