• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How toxic is DEET exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyNinja66

Bluelighter
What are the symptoms of ingesting DEET (that bug repellent stuff) and from how much? (try to use measurements like ml and fluid oz). YES this is important! I have a reason! and would love and explanation with at least a little detail! (Mods usually are the only ones to reply and leave trash answers)

I'm not an expert on the stuff, to be honest I've never even heard of DEET nor do I know what is it in it. But I'm pretty sure ingesting something which repels and probably kills small bugs isn't healthy, smart of safe to drink.

I'm a mod for another forum. Hopefully my answer isn't trash lol.

Deet has been linked to neurotoxicity. It's perfectly safe to use occasionally, but there may be problems if you're using it all the time for work or if youre consuming it.

I can give you a reference with alot more info if you'd like

This probably isn't the best place in the world to gather this information.

this kid is trying to get drunk by drinking insect repelant . You need some serious help or a weed dealer kid

I've heard of DEET, when it was mentioned as something that used to be mass-sprayed as an agricultural pesticide resulting in alot of contamination (banned for that purpose now). Lately, I've seen it as an ingredient in Mosquito/bug repellant I've bought when going to the outdoors/camping. Definitely not something I would put into my body, the DEET sprays I have had, even if they were dissolved in alcohol, smelled like utter shit and I could tell there was something off about them. Definitely something to use sparingly and not willingly ingest.

I'm a mod for another forum. Hopefully my answer isn't trash lol.

Deet has been linked to neurotoxicity. It's perfectly safe to use occasionally, but there may be problems if you're using it all the time for work or if youre consuming it.

I can give you a reference with alot more info if you'd like

say I'm drinking it at 93% Alcohol and 7% DEET is it safe? (what about 60% alcohol? and yes, it's ethyl!) I'm not trying to get drunk, just confident enough to talk to people more.

This probably isn't the best place in the world to gather this information.

this kid is trying to get drunk by drinking insect repelant . You need some serious help or a weed dealer kid

my parents hide their booze, and I'm only 17 (and a half, if that means anything) and I'm broke. I need this stuff, It helps me with alot of stuff in life.

Symptoms of swallowing sprays that contain pyrethrins are:

Breathing difficulty
Coughing
Loss of alertness (stupor), from the blood oxygen level being out of balance
Tremors (if a large amount is swallowed)
Seizures (if a large amount is swallowed)
Upset stomach
Vomiting

Symptoms of swallowing sprays that contain pyrethrins are:

Breathing difficulty
Coughing
Loss of alertness (stupor), from the blood oxygen level being out of balance
Tremors (if a large amount is swallowed)
Seizures (if a large amount is swallowed)
Upset stomach
Vomiting

my question is, what qualifies as a large amount? 1ml? 10ml? 0.1ml?

I need this stuff, It helps me with alot of stuff in life.
Poisoning yourself is not going to help you.

my question is, what qualifies as a large amount? 1ml? 10ml? 0.1ml?
I can't with a good conscious say any amount would be safe. If it kills bugs, it can't be good for you. Like others have said, find something else or better yet, find a way to stop your destructive behavior. We are a harm reduction site and I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.