• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to use Versed (Midazolam) safely

akanae

Greenlighter
I have been asked by my BF to try Versed. I've had it before surgery in an IV but never orally.

He has 7mg tabs. I weigh 145lbs. I should also add that I am on 30mg Butrans patch for chronic pain and 10mg oxi for breakthrough pain. I also take 150mg Effexor for depression/Anxiety. I have Xanax and Valium but I won't mix them.

Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Last edited:
I have been asked by my BF to try Ativan. I've had it before surgery in an IV but never orally.

He has 7mg tabs. I weigh 145lbs. I should also add that I am on 30mg Butrans patch for chronic and 10mg oxi for breakthrough pain. I also take 150mg Effexor for depression/Anxiety. I have Xanax and Valium but I won't mix them.

Does anyone know the answer to this one?

why do you want to add more to the cocktail you already take?
7mg alone can make anyone black out on its own adding that on top of what you already take i doubt it will end in a fun time
i wouldnt recommend taking it also ativan has no recreation value what so ever
if you are gonna do it break the ativan in half, wait a while and see how you do

again strongly suggest you dont take it

yah i save my ativan for sleepin or comin down off stims, and do my xanax when i plan on doing stuff during the day or speedballin, either one. but i didnt think ativan was any fun imo

It's a long story why he wants me to take this and I keep telling him I'm not comfortable with it but he keeps insisting. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep the peace.

I have a cocktail of meds because I also suffer with PTSD, (Xanax and Valium helps me sleep as well as controlling muscle spasms.

So, with the change of drug, do you have different opinion?

Last edited:
You may notice on my post that I was wrong on the name of the drug. He wants me to take Versed.

It's a long story why he wants me to take this and I keep telling him I'm not comfortable with it but he keeps insisting. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep the peace.

I have a cocktail of meds because I also suffer with PTSD, (Xanax and Valium helps me sleep as well as controlling muscle spasms.

So, with the change of drug, do you have different opinion?

it does make a difference can be dangerous posting wrong info, can receive wrong information
"I keep telling him I'm not comfortable with it"
^well should we go on?
if you are gonna go against better judgement start off small and see how you react
to be on the safe side have someone keep tabs on you just in case
might not seem like it but xannies,valium and oxy's is crazy cocktail already
be safe

WELL SAID Deos!!! MAJOR respiratory depression mixing these chems... You can build a physiological, and psychological tolerance/dependence EASILY & QUICKLY, but your body can't build a tolerance to respiratory depression...So be safe and stick with what u know and are comfortable with K?

Last edited:
this is kind of an odd situation, so i won't feel comfortable answer anything until you can fill me n on a few points.
why are you prescribed midazolam? Why don't you want to take it? and why does your BF want you to take it?

Keeping, what if she has already tried midazolam but doesn't remember what happened but her BF does :p