• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to tell if it’s decent? How does cocaine affect you?

Amylouxo

Greenlighter
Sorry if this has been asked before. Long post I do apologise.
I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to cocaine and only indulge once every 3 months or so if I go on a night out. Over here in the UK it’s a ‘pub toilet’ drug. Go into the toilets at certain pubs near me on a Friday/Saturday night and chances are you’ll find people doing it. I’m wondering how people know if it’s ‘good stuff’ or not so good. Does the smell tell you much about it? I’ve had some in the past that smelt a bit chemically kind of like acetone. Then other times there’s been no smell atall.

I’ve probably taken it around 10 times in my life, and I’ve found it ‘underwhelming’ to say the least. It just doesn’t have much of an effect on me except a little numbness in my teeth after the first line or 2 but it’s not in the slightest like I ever imagined it would be. I’d always thought it would give me a rush of dopamine, make me want to dance and talk with people but it just gives me a bit of confidence for 10 mins or so, then a terrible headache. Worse than any headache I’ve ever felt that just won’t go away until I’ve slept.

How can you tell if you’ve got a decent batch? Does it have a certain effect on you? Does more numbness mean better? And what could the headache mean?

Sorry lots of questions here I’m just really curious to know how you find the effects and whether the potency depends on country or price. I paid £60/g for reference, but maybe the stuff round here is just bad. Saturdays experience has put me off using it again as it just seemed pointless, by the end of the night I was getting nothing at all from a line. It’s just one of those things I always expected a decent buzz from but in all honestly I’ve got more out of a joint, kratom or pain meds than coke!

I live in an area where all coke has been stepped on multiple times. Like you most of what I’ve had gave a nice feeling for 10 mins but I have to do fat lines to even get that. After a few hours the headache comes on. You can search the forum or just search on google then add blue light to whatever you want to search for and then look at the results. Most of what I’ve read on here would say that there is no way to determine the quality based on looks smell taste etc. yes there should be some numbing, not too much though cus then it’s probably a numbing agent used as a cut. It could have different smells , chemical or even perfume type smell I’ve heard but never had that. It could be powder, flakey, crystalline etc. really no way to know. But I would say if it’s underwhelming then more than likely it’s heavily cut. Also be careful there’s a lot of fentanyl out there

More numbness doesn’t mean better.

I would suggest reading into the archives here a bit and seeing what makes for good blow and what makes for bad blow.

Have you read Erowid experiences? That is always a good place to go.

Your experience of cocaine relative to dose depends on the purity of cocaine. Street cocaine's purity is almost always unpredictable; most of the time, they're cut with various agents (often harmful ones).

If you can, acetone wash your cocaine, and it will filter out common cutting agents that are water soluble like nicotinamide, polyethylene glycol, acetaminophen, etc., and makes your cocaine "cleaner" (but doesn't mean 100% pure). Most of the "shitty effects" that you might feel are probably from the harmful cutting agents and not the cocaine itself.

If you really need to know what your cocaine is cut with, sending some amount of cocaine from the batch you bought to an FTIR spectrometer lab might help (but there are still limitations).

I live in an area where all coke has been stepped on multiple times. Like you most of what I’ve had gave a nice feeling for 10 mins but I have to do fat lines to even get that. After a few hours the headache comes on. You can search the forum or just search on google then add blue light to whatever you want to search for and then look at the results. Most of what I’ve read on here would say that there is no way to determine the quality based on looks smell taste etc. yes there should be some numbing, not too much though cus then it’s probably a numbing agent used as a cut. It could have different smells , chemical or even perfume type smell I’ve heard but never had that. It could be powder, flakey, crystalline etc. really no way to know. But I would say if it’s underwhelming then more than likely it’s heavily cut. Also be careful there’s a lot of fentanyl out there
Does fentanyl not kill you if you took even half a line??

If it makes you a bit panicky or paranoid or just weird it might be a sign it's strong if ur hearts pounding like a mf and u might want to take a little less (or it could be mixed with something nasty I suppose but know what I mean). Or if it makes you really really chilled out an peaceful feeling its probs good quality if u don't wanna redose 10 mins later ...im not an expert just what I think from the shit and decent stuff I've had

Last edited:
Ya most cocaine is garbage, especially if it has to travel as far as the UK. I’ve never once been given a line in a bathroom that I felt was better than I can get. I’ll admit this very last one was close but still didn’t quite hit me like my stuff does..

-GC

If it makes you a bit panicky or paranoid or just weird it might be a sign it's strong if ur hearts pounding like a mf and u might want to take a little less (or it could be mixed with something nasty I suppose but know what I mean). Or if it makes you really really chilled out an peaceful feeling its probs good quality if u don't wanna redose 10 mins later ...im not an expert just what I think from the shit and decent stuff I've had
If it hits you and your heart starts pounding it’s probably cut with something else. Really good blow doesn’t make you feel like shit unless you’re compulsively redosing.

Nowhere near as good as meth but i still do it while in UK wife and kids back in states so spend my days coked up with blasts mingled in will now spend a few hours trying to knock one out feel shit get some more and will probably keep this up until I'm back with family . I find the better the gear the less you cluck for another line and a easier comedown why meth has not caught on here

If it hits you and your heart starts pounding it’s probably cut with something else. Really good blow doesn’t make you feel like shit unless you’re compulsively redosing.
Maybe I just wasn't used to it last time and took too much (I think I was redosing faster than I shoulda as I just don't get what the fuss is other than the first bit of euphoria/peacefulness) or because in the past was used to not as good quality - either that or my ex was slyly giving me the cut stuff- tbf I've been in hospital a couple times regarding heart acting weird too so I probs shouldn't have bothered replying to the thread
and also since my cocaine knowledge is little I personally think it's a shitty drug I hate the comedown and urge to redose til my heart's like stop it lol

Last edited: