• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to take buprenorphine low-dose?

kjreb

Greenlighter
Hi,
I would like to take only a tiny dose of buprenorphine sublingually like 0.4mg or 0.5mg daily.
The problem is that I only have 8mg tablets, so I`m thinking about dissolving it in water or ethanol (I have heard bupe dissolved in ethanol is better absorbed sublingually), drawing it up in a syringe and storing it in the refrigerator.
How long can I store this solution until the buprenorphine breaks down into other substances or something? (should be at least a few weeks).
Or is it a better idea to crush the tablet and weigh the powder, then put 1/16 or so of the powder under the tongue?

I've wondered the same thing, a 0.5mg piece off an 8mg strips is so small, will it even get absorbed properly sublingually?

if you have an 8mg pill then i suggest just crushing the pill down to all powder, then make 8 equal separate lines of powder which should each be 1 mg, then take half of one of the lines which is .5mg. just place the powder under your tongue to take it sublingually.

good luck

if you have an 8mg pill then i suggest just crushing the pill down to all powder, then make 8 equal separate lines of powder which should each be 1 mg, then take half of one of the lines which is .5mg. just place the powder under your tongue to take it sublingually.

good luck

That sounds about as good a plan as any in the absence of a milligram scale. If you were going for 0.5mg per day then as long as the 8mg tablet was consumed in roughly even parts over a total of 16 days then you can't really go far wrong. With long acting opioids it's really the total amount consumed over a set timeframe that's more important that tiny variations over any given day.

I would go the alcohol route personally because it increases the BA and onset IMO, plus you'd be able to preserve it longer. That being said, I don't know how long it would preserve it, but I would only make a solution out of a few tablets at a time, especially if you're going to be taking low dosages like that.

What's the best way if you have suboxone strips though? ½mg is a very tiny piece, I just can't imagine it covering enough surface area to have any effect sublingually. The only way I have gotten any effectiveness off pieces that small is by shooting them. I am not to into shooting suboxone any more cuz of how it killed all my good veins.

Is there any other good methods I can find for better absorption with dosages that small? My supplies are very limited too... I know there are many well documented here on BlueLight threads, but I am not sure which to choose, I have little room for trial and error... Heh.

Try and get the 2 mg strips. With these you can easily cut out 100 mcg doses or even 50 mcg doses. If you are unable to get the 2mg tabs or strips I would go with a liquid dosing technique. I now avoid alcohol liquid dosing as it makes my mouth water twice as much which has not helped with the overall absorption. On the other hand there is a good deal of evidence that points to the alcohol, method having a higher BA. I also try and take a medication that dries out my mouth 30 minutes prior to dosing. This has helped to make each dose I take much stronger then if my mouth is watering. A small toke of cannabis before SL low dose bupe has helped make it possible for me to get down to 300 mcg per day. If my mouth is watering I some times have to take an extra 100 mcg to get the same effect.

I have a good idea on how to get a .5mg dose. Take a shot glass and an oral syringe. If you have a pill crush it up and put it in the glass (just put the strip in the glass). Take the syringe and fill it with 8cc of water (or ethanol) and add that to the glass. Stir with toothpick until completely dissolved into a solution. Draw up the solution into the syringe.... you will have 8cc of Suboxone solution. 1cc =1mg of bupe. You can now drop .5 or 1cc under your tounge for a dose of .5 or 1mg. You could also plug the solution if you use water and not alcohol. You could also just draw up a half cc of the solution and then draw up a few more cc of water with it just do there is more liquid that's further diluted to make it easier to plug so you actually get the full dose out of the syringe.

My question is, I've been taking a full 8mg strip a day for the last 2 weeks. How long would I have to lower my dose and by how much in order to microdose and get the norbuprenorphine effects? I want to be able to feel a high so bad... doesn't need to be much. I'd be happy with just a warm fuzzy feeling or a nod. Subs do literally nothing for me.

You will have to get down 4mg or even 2 or 3. You could try waiting 36 hours between doses and you might notice more effect also

You will have to get down 4mg or even 2 or 3. You could try waiting 36 hours between doses and you might notice more effect also

How long would I need to maintain my tolerance at 2-4mg for it work though? I could go 2 full days without any right now if I wanted to. I still don't think if I tried a microdose after 2 days of none I would feel anything.... would I?? I would probably end up plugging a microdose ... just seems easier.

While we're at it I'll ask this too, if I'm trying to take bupe micro dose during h wirhdrawals is it possible to take a micro dose and get the norbnuprenorphine high or am I just crazy lol . Cause whenever I took subs I took them at hour 20-30 and took 4 mgs , also 8 mgs a few times felt like shit and always ended up relapsing that day with h so I wonder if it's smarter to take like .5-1 mg at hour 20-24 maybe wait another 4-8 hours take it again?

^Yes that is smarter if you use it to taper off H because it lowers the risk to experience precipitated withdrawals. That may also be the reason why you felt like shit when dosing 4mg too early after doing Heroin. If taken at the right time, 4mg should be enough to make you feel no withdrawal.
Basically when you take Subs too early after doing H or other full agonist opioids, the Bupre knocks the remaining dope in your body off the receptors and throws you into precipitated WDs, so always wait at least 24h (better 36-48, it varies from person to person and drug/amount etc)before induct the Subs.

If you induct the Subs with a low dose, as you said, you can always take a little more if you still feel bad 1-2hours after dosing and you can gauge wether it is too early or not.

@OP: I always weigh the crushed pills with my mg-scale but you can also eyeball it pretty good.

I have a good idea on how to get a .5mg dose. Take a shot glass and an oral syringe. If you have a pill crush it up and put it in the glass (just put the strip in the glass). Take the syringe and fill it with 8cc of water (or ethanol) and add that to the glass. Stir with toothpick until completely dissolved into a solution. Draw up the solution into the syringe.... you will have 8cc of Suboxone solution. 1cc =1mg of bupe. You can now drop .5 or 1cc under your tounge for a dose of .5 or 1mg. You could also plug the solution if you use water and not alcohol. You could also just draw up a half cc of the solution and then draw up a few more cc of water with it just do there is more liquid that's further diluted to make it easier to plug so you actually get the full dose out of the syringe.

My question is, I've been taking a full 8mg strip a day for the last 2 weeks. How long would I have to lower my dose and by how much in order to microdose and get the norbuprenorphine effects? I want to be able to feel a high so bad... doesn't need to be much. I'd be happy with just a warm fuzzy feeling or a nod. Subs do literally nothing for me.

I don't actually think that it's a matter of norbuprenorphine, but rather that at low dosages, the level of Buprenorphine in your blood decreases enough over a 12-24 hour mark that you feel a 'spike' when you take that dosage. Usually this means that you'll probably be feeling a little uncomfortable for a couple hours during the day, but I always felt it was worth it. Personally I hate high dose Buprenorphine, because it always left me feeling overly medicated without feeling medicated if that make any sense (kind of like a pointless addiction).

But yeah, in order for micro dosing Bupe to work, you have to taper down from 8mg. You can probably cut down to 4mg/day relatively painlessly, by taking 2mg in the morning and another 2mg at night. After a three day period you can cut down to 1.5mg, and then after three days cut down to 1mg 2x day. I found Buprenorphine (via SL administration) the most effective in terms of 'effects' at .5mg 2xday (so 1mg/day). However I would note that I ended up preferring to be on 2mg (or 1mg/12hr) because I still felt my dose but I felt a lot more stable. At 1mg, the effects were nice but I just metabolized the Bupe too quick and I found myself always waiting to dose again.

Also, if you're at 8mg/day, you could probably white knuckle it through at least 24 hours without any Buprenorphine at all, and then if after that you're feeling really shitty, just take an incredibly small dosage to get you out of withdrawal and continue to do this, taking 1mg or under for around 3 days, and after the 72 hour mark, you'll probably get a decent little glow off of 2mg.

It should be noted though, that IME I've only nodded off Subs a handful of times, back when I'd take it when I had virtually no tolerance. While on maintenance, regardless of how low my dosage was, I never got anything close to a nod via the SL ROA, and even when I'd IV it, I'd have to take a couple xanax to get halfway to oblivion.

Buprenorphine is a limiting drug, unlike methadone, and once you have a tolerance to it, it's pretty hard to get a real recreational value out of it. It's not like at a certain dosage it becomes a full agonist, it just acts more like one, albeit a full agonist that you still have a tolerance too. The only thing I can think of comparing it to would be a very light dosage of methadone. It is a strong opiate, but it's not a very flexible one.

I don't actually think that it's a matter of norbuprenorphine, but rather that at low dosages, the level of Buprenorphine in your blood decreases enough over a 12-24 hour mark that you feel a 'spike' when you take that dosage. Usually this means that you'll probably be feeling a little uncomfortable for a couple hours during the day, but I always felt it was worth it. Personally I hate high dose Buprenorphine, because it always left me feeling overly medicated without feeling medicated if that make any sense (kind of like a pointless addiction).

But yeah, in order for micro dosing Bupe to work, you have to taper down from 8mg. You can probably cut down to 4mg/day relatively painlessly, by taking 2mg in the morning and another 2mg at night. After a three day period you can cut down to 1.5mg, and then after three days cut down to 1mg 2x day. I found Buprenorphine (via SL administration) the most effective in terms of 'effects' at .5mg 2xday (so 1mg/day). However I would note that I ended up preferring to be on 2mg (or 1mg/12hr) because I still felt my dose but I felt a lot more stable. At 1mg, the effects were nice but I just metabolized the Bupe too quick and I found myself always waiting to dose again.

Also, if you're at 8mg/day, you could probably white knuckle it through at least 24 hours without any Buprenorphine at all, and then if after that you're feeling really shitty, just take an incredibly small dosage to get you out of withdrawal and continue to do this, taking 1mg or under for around 3 days, and after the 72 hour mark, you'll probably get a decent little glow off of 2mg.

It should be noted though, that IME I've only nodded off Subs a handful of times, back when I'd take it when I had virtually no tolerance. While on maintenance, regardless of how low my dosage was, I never got anything close to a nod via the SL ROA, and even when I'd IV it, I'd have to take a couple xanax to get halfway to oblivion.

Buprenorphine is a limiting drug, unlike methadone, and once you have a tolerance to it, it's pretty hard to get a real recreational value out of it. It's not like at a certain dosage it becomes a full agonist, it just acts more like one, albeit a full agonist that you still have a tolerance too. The only thing I can think of comparing it to would be a very light dosage of methadone. It is a strong opiate, but it's not a very flexible one.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to start tapering tomorrow.