How To Stop Smoking Weed And Get Your Life Together

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
excerpt

“Marijuana is the drug of illusion. It creates the illusion that you’re thinking great thoughts and doing great things while you’re sitting on the sofa and growing a beard. Give it up for heroin. You’ll hit rock bottom faster and pick yourself up sooner.” — John McAfee

This is a guide on how to stop smoking weed, but I’d like to preface it by stating that marijuana is not a fundamentally bad substance. It’s a godsend for people who suffer from PTSD, cancer, neurological issues, chronic pain, and other afflictions. I also don’t think recreational use is a problem. There’s nothing wrong with getting high every once in a while... It’s fun as hell and feels amazing.
That being said, marijuana is not for everyone. Some of us like getting high a little too much. Once we start, we can’t stop. We smoke until our lives are in shambles, and then we keep on smoking.
This guide is for the ones who have to smoke before every social engagement. The ones who spend every sober minute thinking about the next time they’re going to get high. The ones who have destroyed beautiful relationships to inhale plant smoke and eat Cheetos on the couch.

The ones who know they need to change, but don’t know how.

This guide is for you.

source: https://medium.com/@rajeckas/how-to...et-your-life-together-43f03b485dba#.u7ddm9ssj

the whole article is pretty interesting and pragmatic if you are trying to quit weed. some aspects covered im sure are applicable to different addictions.

Thanks for posting this. I did the steps like the article describes when I quit using herb, opiates, and drinking alcohol.

I can deff see how addicting weed can be, I used to be a IV heroin addict but 4 years ago I got on a suboxone program and have been on it since. Lately (like past couple months or so) weed has become my new addiction, last year it was smoking crack cocaine since I couldn't/ didn't want to use dope.

But the weed is very addicting to someone like me since I am an addict in every sense of the word. I smoke weed every single night now, only at night time, 2 hours before i go to bed, and only a couple of bowls. It has changed my thought process and made me even more unmotivated then I already am. Luckily tho its not like weed is physically addicting, I can simply stop if I so choose but it requires very strong WILLPOWER.

its crazy how willpower can beat something like weed, but opiates it can't even touch...

yea i was listening to a podcast today and there was a guy who had been a heroin addict for over 10 years, he said to him heroin was what helped him to not feel. i get the same sense from weed i think, it numbs me out, i'm pretty hypersensitive so its nice to feel quieter. i don't think it blocks out the feelings as much as a good dose of a strong opiate, so it isn't as addictive, the stakes are lower.

i notice the next day if i got high the day before, its more subtle but is still noticeable on some level for a week or more. i take it to the addict level and i can't really own weed or i will be high all the time, unless i have work in which case i'm not high. but i have these moments of clarity and i want to have this full spectrum of emotion i can be closely in contact with and be compassionate with it.

I don't feel that weed is the same as something like heroin. When you do heroin, you feel good, period. Do heroin, feel good...do more, feel good...etc.

Whereas I know plenty of hard drug users who won't even touch weed because it gives them anxiety and/or panic attacks. It is definitely a more fickle drug than simply "do the drug, feel good". I'm not sure that I agree with the contention that cannabis makes you "not feel"...perhaps for some users, but I'd argue that cannabis often amplifies feelings

I don't feel that weed is particularly addictive, honestly. Not in the same way that something like heroin or alcohol or tranquilizers etc are, anyway. With that being said I never plan on quitting marijuana (barring unforeseen circumstances), so perhaps I'm underestimating it...with that being said there was a long period when I had to abstain from all drugs (due to criminal probation), including marijuana, and there was literally no withdrawal. No withdrawal after a period of smoking weed every single day for several years.

Personally-speaking I feel that cannabis improves my overall quality of life...other people may feel a different way about the role of cannabis in their own life and that's equally valid *shrug*

good article. i find weed extremely addictive. not entirely for the reasons the author mentions. or at least not always. it's numbing agent in that it let's me hide inside my head, but the reason i fall back into is usually because i feel a different kind of numb after a few months of not smoking it. he emphasizes emotional stability as a gain from quitting, and i agree. but for someone who's mentally ill, emotional stability can feel wrong or negative.

lol heroin makes me feel like shit, as do all opiates. I find marijuana much more addictive than any opiate ever has been for me.
More addictive than alcohol as well.
Probably the most habit forming substance that I've ever touched other than cigarettes would have to be cannabis...

Weed is habitual. But if you go off travelling for a few months you'll break the pattern. I used to smoke all day every day for a number of years and have since stopped. I still love weed and smoke every few days as I think the headspace is a valuable one. But not all the time, I can see now how it was restricting me although it didn't feel that way at the time. Socially I am much less anxious and more confident in speaking my mind. Also when watching TV etc, I don't zone out into one thought or a snippet of the film and instead can sit and take it all in without wondering what is going on.

My life was/is extremely together but I was told, because of a medical condition, that I had to give up weed (and all smoking) or risk having my leg amputated. Just let someone say 'amputation' to you, several times, making sure you know it's you they're referring to (not some trash TV script) and I assure you, if you have a brain, it's easy. I smoked weed for 35 years.

PVD is a (genetically inherited but not helped by smoking) cunt. But one hell of a way to make you stop.

PS Fuck John McAfee. (OP). Let's hear how you gave up your insane PV addiction John. Stuffmonger.

I've been smoking weed for the past 3-4 years pretty heavily (now 23). I started doing it much more heavily this past year. Been clean for 2 months now, and I feel this relief, I didn't know life was so damn "fun".. after quitting, I was much more comfortable with my self. Only thing that's bringing me down, is the feeling of having a much poorer memory. Weed isn't good for someone that doesn't understand it's effects fully. It'll make you dumber, and dull you down if you use it extensively, It will make you feel it's okay to be where you are in life, because it gives the feeling of contentment. I was depressed before I started smoking, and my depression have become somewhat milder - I think this is because of the neurological structuring the drug has made on my mind. I feel a lot more at ease with things. So it does have a positive effect. You need, however, to know to use it. Cause even though my depression isn't as strong, I get these strange waves of derealization. I think that is somewhat connected to some use of MDMA - or even 2c-b i did last year. Not really sure what to attribute it too, even though it's somewhat common for heavy smokers to feel that.