• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how to stop annoying pulsating/twitching in thigh

gibberish-noise

Bluelighter
can't tell if it's a nerve or artery. sometimes it's even, but mostly it's inconsistent in its rhythm. comes and goes, former more often than latter now.

perhaps repressed anxiety or due to the stimulants. any ideas how to make this go away? it's making me want to slice my femoral in two. pretty much completely sedentary unless i'm walking to a deal - could it just be poor circulation? why only the left side then?

Hmm. I would get that checked out man. Nobody is a doctor, but my speculation is it could be a blood clot or something which is common in very sedentary people. They are often fatal if left untreated.

I know a guy who died in his 30s, blood clot formed in his leg from too much sitting at a computer, it dislodged and went to his heart or brain and killed him.

My father also nearly died from blood clots from the same thing plus smoking cigs at the computer.

I'd go to the doctor if I were you, better safe than sorry.

Could be nerve damage from chronic drug use. Could be a lot of things, shrug.

Last edited:
can't tell if it's a nerve or artery. sometimes it's even, but mostly it's inconsistent in its rhythm. comes and goes, former more often than latter now.

perhaps repressed anxiety or due to the stimulants. any ideas how to make this go away? it's making me want to slice my femoral in two. pretty much completely sedentary unless i'm walking to a deal - could it just be poor circulation? why only the left side then?

ive had that...it feels like a phone vibrating in my front pocket - it's just a nerve - mine happens on the right side only

Meralgia paresthetica

ive had that...it feels like a phone vibrating in my front pocket - it's just a nerve - mine happens on the right side only
it doesn't feel like a phone vibrating - more like the movement of water when you upend a bottle and it glugs out, which is why i think it might be arterial.

i've got a gp visit this week so i'll ask him then. just was wondering if this is common in stim users. i sure as hell don't plan on telling him about my drug use.

Dude, definitely get this checked out please. Let us know how it goes. My initial thought it that it's likely a twitching nerve, and it's likely due to stimulant use. BUT there is no way of knowing this over the internet.

Muscular twitches can be caused by magnesium deficiency, which can of course be rectified by taking a good quality magnesium supplement. But if you don't think it's a muscle twitch don't waste your money on unnecessary supplements. It's best just to chat to your doctor.

I just have to say.....it's always best to be honest about your substance use. You're not going to get in to any trouble, and it could be the piece of information that your doctor needs to solve the problem. If you aren't honest with them, you might not get any answers. Just something to think about for your appointment.

Dude, definitely get this checked out please. Let us know how it goes. My initial thought it that it's likely a twitching nerve, and it's likely due to stimulant use. BUT there is no way of knowing this over the internet.

Muscular twitches can be caused by magnesium deficiency, which can of course be rectified by taking a good quality magnesium supplement. But if you don't think it's a muscle twitch don't waste your money on unnecessary supplements. It's best just to chat to your doctor.

I just have to say.....it's always best to be honest about your substance use. You're not going to get in to any trouble, and it could be the piece of information that your doctor needs to solve the problem. If you aren't honest with them, you might not get any answers. Just something to think about for your appointment.
I already have been taking lycinated and chelated magnesium - at least for around ten days consecutively. Idk I've lost track of time. Minimum 200mg maximum 800mg.

It's not as noticeable now but that could be because other physical symptoms are louder.

I don't need the guy who's been friends with my family (whom I reside with and largely depend upon) since before I was born to know I'm IVing. He has long hair (which he often wears in a ponytail), so that's promising. But then again, so did Jesus. That wasn't quite as smooth as it was in my head. Sorry, I'm high lmao.

I already have been taking lycinated and chelated magnesium - at least for around ten days consecutively. Idk I've lost track of time. Minimum 200mg maximum 800mg.

It's not as noticeable now but that could be because other physical symptoms are louder.

I don't need the guy who's been friends with my family (whom I reside with and largely depend upon) since before I was born to know I'm IVing. He has long hair (which he often wears in a ponytail), so that's promising. But then again, so did Jesus. That wasn't quite as smooth as it was in my head. Sorry, I'm high lmao.
Ohh I completely understand about it being the family-friend doctor. 'Nuff said. My doctor growing up until I was 16 and moved out of home was my dad's best mate. It was SO AWKWARD when I had to ask him for a script for the contraceptive pill. Then I decided it was time to find a new doctor LOL.

I've been dealing with muscle twitches for more than 20 years. When I've been really unwell it messed with my thoughts so bad. Like it's someone communicating with me or Morse code. Definitely talk to your doctor. It could be just simple anxiety myoclonic twitches and jerks. I still get them but its much worse in my legs if I've done a huge exercise session. Sometimes I get them on my eyelids when I'm tired