• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How to smoke (& hold it in) without getting air in stomach?

fairnymph

Bluelighter
I am really bad at smoking, but I especially seem to have trouble with crack, the only thing I actually enjoy smoking. It’s really only the initial rush right before I exhale & for 10 seconds after that I care about. To get a nice big rush, I need to inhale as much as possible & hold it in for as long as possible. But I can’t seem to inhale it properly & solely into my lungs.

How I smoke:

Fast big inhale, fast big exhale emptying lungs, hold breath while applying flame to rock, until it starts vaping & then I start to inhale. Once my lungs are full, I hold my nose closed with one hand & tilt my head back, holding in the vapour. My mouth is usually full as well but towards the end I have to swallow 1-2x in order to prevent exhaling too soon, & I think this is mostly how it gets in my stomach. If I don’t hold it in my mouth initially I end up swallowing it anyway instead of keeping most of it in my lungs. But I also never feel I’m inhaling optimally from the pipe & I worry I’m inhaling some air through my nose then, wasting lung capacity.

It doesn’t help that I really suck at multitasking so trying to vape the rock without the damn stuff catching on fire (due to cuts) & time inhalation properly is very difficult. And I’m al really nervous about it bc I so often mess up & the whole thing is a waste if I don’t do it right & get the rush

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do differently? Explain it to my like I’m 5 because practice hasn’t helped much so I’m clearly a retard.

I don't do crack, however, after you are done sucking, slowly work with your diaphragm and finally tighten your abs or something. I also seem to need to do something, I can't just passively hold the weed smoke.

I don't do crack, however, after you are done sucking, slowly work with your diaphragm and finally tighten your abs or something. I also seem to need to do something, I can't just passively hold the weed smoke.
i can tighten my abs, but I feel like that would just limit my lung capacity? And what do you mean exactly by work my diaphragm? I know how to use it to sing…but not to smoke.

I may not be able to handle the extra multitasking regardless, but I’ll try tomorrow. Maybe I need to get a nose clip, if they make those?

You know how to sing? That will help.

I didn't answer for a long time, because I started to go into sleep deprivation yet again. I still have not sleeped but I have consumed balancing amount of beer after being up for another 12 hours, so I feel like I am up to the task now.

When you do crack, you first inhale the smoke. You expressed issues not with that, but keeping it down there. When you have stopped sucking and just pull the smoke deeper in your airways only with your diaphragm, that is much slower process that distracts your nervous system of realizing there is something it should get rid of. I have also observed with weed smoking, not filling your lungs all at once, but taking 2-3 rehits of air after sucking the drug, working excellently. That also circulates the smoke/vapor in airways, which is definitely something you want to maximize bioavailability.

Tightening the abs part is something I just realized I could try just recently when I tried to figure how to come over with my issue of turning every normal biological autonomic process into manual process. It feels like it would help. I have not tried yet, since I am on break. If you don't feel like that, it is totally normal and implies I just come up with crackhead theories of how world functions even without doing any crack. Or that it satisfies some of my need you might not possibly relate to.

Are you eating when you party? What I heard is that when tweakers get air in their stomach, it's basically because they forget to eat.

Are you eating when you party? What I heard is that when tweakers get air in their stomach, it's basically because they forget to eat.
Yes. Smoking on an empty stomach tends to cause nausea anyway. I’m hitting the pipe a few times a day so no problems eating at all. Never got air in my stomach on meth/amph, even smoking meth (which I had no troubles with, but I wasn’t trying to hold it in, & I don’t much care for smoking meth).

You know how to sing? That will help.

I didn't answer for a long time, because I started to go into sleep deprivation yet again. I still have not sleeped but I have consumed balancing amount of beer after being up for another 12 hours, so I feel like I am up to the task now.

When you do crack, you first inhale the smoke. You expressed issues not with that, but keeping it down there. When you have stopped sucking and just pull the smoke deeper in your airways only with your diaphragm, that is much slower process that distracts your nervous system of realizing there is something it should get rid of. I have also observed with weed smoking, not filling your lungs all at once, but taking 2-3 rehits of air after sucking the drug, working excellently. That also circulates the smoke/vapor in airways, which is definitely something you want to maximize bioavailability.

Tightening the abs part is something I just realized I could try just recently when I tried to figure how to come over with my issue of turning every normal biological autonomic process into manual process. It feels like it would help. I have not tried yet, since I am on break. If you don't feel like that, it is totally normal and implies I just come up with crackhead theories of how world functions even without doing any crack. Or that it satisfies some of my need you might not possibly relate to.
Working my diaphragm does seem to be helping! My lungs are hurting less as well. But I’m pretty sure the lung pain is just due to the cuts because I don’t get lung pain with all crack. And while I usually make my own, that’s apparently not removing whatever is irritating my lungs. Annoyingly, the lung pain makes it even more difficult to breathe & hold in the vapour effectively. 😭

Tightening my abs only seems to decrease my lung capacity and has not been helpful for me at all, however.

I think honestly if you’re inhaling as much as you possible can and you’re not getting a decent rush, surely your crack just isn’t that strong? I’m in the UK and very often the stuff here isn’t exactly amazing but I can get a pretty good rush off of a rock or two put in together. I’ve also never had the rock catch light as you’ve described, it just crackles and melts.

Do you melt the stone into some wire wool before you start even putting your lips to the pipe or getting ready with the inhale/exhale routine? I wondered if some of the crack is melting through whatever you’re using…

I think honestly if you’re inhaling as much as you possible can and you’re not getting a decent rush, surely your crack just isn’t that strong? I’m in the UK and very often the stuff here isn’t exactly amazing but I can get a pretty good rush off of a rock or two put in together. I’ve also never had the rock catch light as you’ve described, it just crackles and melts.

Do you melt the stone into some wire wool before you start even putting your lips to the pipe or getting ready with the inhale/exhale routine? I wondered if some of the crack is melting through whatever you’re using…
No, it’s strong enough. I use very thin flakes and powder on wire wool, as that vapes much more quickly than a whole stone, and I need every second I can get. Plus, I’m not getting buildup down in my pipe.

The problem is holding it in long enough without feeling like my lungs are going to explode/bad lung pain. Plus, my lungs hurt after as well. But that is not something that experience with all batches, just some, I assume due to cuts. And the stuff that catches on fire is a real real problem for me.

Say you are getting asthma, get a script for a puffer salbutamol. Only recommend lightly.
I can than hold my breath like it was my first.

So, I seem to be doing a lot better in terms of actually getting it into my lungs. And I need a lot less now that I’m actually efficiently getting it into my lungs. But I’ve run into a new problem. At the end of the hit while I’m holding it in I can’t help but release so much of it into my mouth that I can barely hold my mouth closed and trying to get it back down into my lungs doesn’t seem to work/is particularly uncomfortable. So I’m wasting vapour and irritating the hell out of my mouth. Suggestions?

I finally got a nearly perfect hit - very fine powder, not too much - been doing overly large hits I think - and it was the last of my stuff & more hasn’t come yet 😭