• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to safely get started with Nitro / Laughing Gas?

D.Lilah

Greenlighter
From what I read about laughing gas last night and from what I remember from a couple of dentist visits when I was a tween, laughing gas looks like the perfect thing for me. So how do I safely get started with it? And what kit should I buy? What's the best way to take it? I imagined buying a canister or whatever of the stuff and buying a tube and a mask, the whole dentist setup, but apparently there are little chargers and some people fill a baloon with nitrous oxide and breathe it in. I'm completely new to drugs though I'm in my late 20s now so can you guys tell me everything I need to know about doing laughing gas? One question I want to add is, how do I take it without accidentally killing myself??? I kind of want to take this to go to sleep because I have REALLY REALLY BAD insomnia. I swear I'm on India time... But I also want to use this recreationally when I have downtime.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to be thorough. Thanks for any help.

Dont bother ive done it unlik the dr its cannisters and you come out of it in seconds look up stevo whippits he was addicted using thousands

Whippets are ok, but very short lived. A lot of headshops sell them under the counter, you just have to ask for them. And ask if they sell the cracker as well. Drop your whippet in, put a ballon over the top, puncture to fill the ballon and inhale. Simple as that. As far as a legit dr. tank, if you can get one, go for it. But how can you "safely" use nitrous..?..in my opinion, you cant. When you get it at the dentist they mix it with oxygen. I guess if you could get a hold of an oxygen tank too and all the proper gear it could be safe-ish, but you run the risk of passing out with it on, which would be disasterous for you. That's a shit load of work getting ahold of all that stuff, too, for not even that great of a high. Huffing the whippets isn't particularly safe, either, as oxygen deprivation is pretty bad for your brain, but I don't think huffing a few whippets from time to time is going to make you a half-tard.

Wait, I just re-read your post. Youre in your late 20s and your asking shit like this?.?.?....you've got troll potential, baby.

I dont think hes a troll i think hes just confusing the denist use of anesthesia and the way people use it with whippets. To someone whose only seen no usenin amesthesia it does seem like it be useful for sleep.

Thank you both! And No electric moon, I'm not a troll. I just never hung out with the party crowd or whatever and even now drugs aren't a natural part of my life. I suffer from being on another country's time zone and after taking ALL the sleeping pills, NyQuil and otc horsepills for allergies since childhood to fall asleep every night nothing has worked on me for YEARS. And I've been under a lot of stress lately so I would like to start doing something to sooth myself and heal and it gets extra love if I can use it to fall asleep instantly. I ordered six bottles of wine today so hopefully that will help when it gets here... In case it doesn't (because I couldn't get drunk from Everclear jello shots the first time I tried them and I ate all the ones I made which was like 10 runny red ones) do you guys have any suggestions other than laughing gas then?

People of all ages use gas to get high. Demi Moore was found foaming at the mouth a few years ago because she OD'd on Spice/Nitro Gas. (not kidding).

I don't think you're going to find a long term solution in drugs.

I mean, there's always the z-drugs ( like zolpidem), or benzos (like klonopin). But with the way you describe your issue I think you need more of an adjustment to your circadian clock. I knew someone like you--he had a hard time sleeping during the night but once 6 am came he was out cold until 2 pm.

I would suggest trying to go to bed an hour earlier than now. If you're not tired til 6 am try 5 am. Then eventually 4 am and so forth. It'll take some time. Not an instant fix. Practice good sleep hygiene-- no tv or phone or computer in bedroom. If you can't sleep with a half hour get up/ don't lay there tossing and turning. Most importantly--exercise until you're physically worn out.

And if all else fails-- relocate to an appropriate time zone ;) (jk)

Surprised no one else has mentioned this yet: Before you invest ~$100 into a box of chargers, a decent cracker and reusable balloons, head to your local grocery store and buy a can of Reddi-Whip.

The propellant inside is 100% food grade N2O, the same stuff you get out of headshop whippits.

This way you can try it on the cheap without having to waste a day's pay. You may not like nitrous as a recreational drug. I have an old friend who hates it. I can tell you for one thing, it probably will not help you sleep. I like it though.

Take the Reddi-whip whipped cream canister, and DON'T SHAKE IT. If it rattles around a little on your ride home from the store, stick it in the fridge for a while so it settles down.

When it's good and cold, remove it from the refrigerator (keeping it upright the entire time!). Have a seat somewhere comfortable. Blow all the air out of your lungs. Inhale from the nozzle until your lungs are full, or you start to hear the whip cream coming up.

Hold the "hit" in for 15-20 seconds. Exhale and take a big breath of fresh air.

Now you can make an informed decision re: whether it's for you or not.

Last edited:
Unfortunitely no. But i highly doubt zquil or benadyrl will work because i get severe hypotension and i take it to increase the sympathetic effects of amphetamine so i dont feel dizzy and cold. 1-2 might make you sleepierish but esp as you increase the dose youll likely get tremor rapid heart rate ect . What i do know is i never saw someone drink boxed wine and not be up for many many hours wide awake. Also, 1-2 may be healthy from the antioxidents but dont fool yourself it carries the same danger of vodka

^^^
BP is not a good indicator of somnolytic action. The fact that taking 50mg+ of diphenhydramine ameliorates your hypotension is irrelevant.

Alcohol decreases mean sleep time, as well as the quality of rest to be had. Don't recommend it.

Do recommend:

* 1mg sublingual melatonin right before lying down
* "brown noise" generators, or a similarly relaxing ambient soundscape
* Guided meditation audio tracks
* Avoid bright light (especially blue light) for at least an hour before bed. If you watch TV or screw around on your phone while trying to get to sleep, make sure your TV and phone are set to low brightness.

If the above steps aren't working by the end of 2 weeks, see a psychiatrist - you may need something like mirtazepine.

Whippits are best used to potentiate other drugs, such as on the peak of an acid trip. Alone, it's a very mild-to-annoying drug. It's always fun to talk with it in your lungs though, makes your voice super deep. Laughter always ensues :!

As said above, it's not going to help with sleep whatsoever.

How much physical exercise do you get?

Fair statement nowarning after reading what i wrote it is misleading.

To clarify histamine may play a role in wakefulness. Therefore, zzzquil benadyrl amd stuff like contain a drug diphenhydramine that may reduce the time it takes to fall asleep by blocking histamine receptors.

However, unlike many othrr sedatives like valium, xanax, alcohol ect taking more than recommended can cause effects in the periphial part of the body that more closely resemble that of stimulamts or anxiety like tremor rapid heart ect which might make it harder to sleep esp if you have anxiety

^^^I understand, but again, like I've previously stated, the effects on heart rate and blood pressure do not correlate with level of sedation, time until sleep, etc.

In general, taking up to 75-100mg of diphenhydramine will not cause stimulation in adults. (Not nearly enough to overpower the sedative effects at least)

To give you an analogy: the drug trazodone, which acts primarily on adrenergic receptors rather than histamine, frequently causes pronounced BP and HR increases, but regardless, you will fall asleep within 30 minutes.

I agree actually im a heavy nicotine and caffeine user so im probably just the exception that feels stimulated from 125 mg

50mg+ of DPH causes unwanted stimulation in me and my entire family.

N2o or whippits are fun. Even more so when used while the main effects of another drug such as lsd, ghb or mdma are present.
As an aid for anything from sleeplesness or anxiety... totally useless.

Have you tried melatonin? I havent yet but it is used in hospitals a lot and works well for most people.

Another very effective aid is doxylamine. This is the addititive in night time cold and flu tablets. Not sure about where you live but in Australia, you can buy restavit which are much larger doses of doxylamine (25mg per tablet). 1/4 to 1/2 tablet should help most people if no stmulants are present (i mean like meth, caffeine etc doesnt matter)

Doxylamine isnt habit forming at all. It is also alikened to diphenhydramine another otc antihistamine with sleep inducing properties.
Hope this helps