Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to reverse psychedelic sedation

Doclad

Bluelighter
Good morning :)

I love taking psychedelics but often I feel sedated and paralyzed (especially with tryptamines). During the trip I would like to change the scenery but I have a hard time getting up. I always end up lying down for hours and submerged in my mind. They stimulate me mentally but physically it is another story.

I was wondering if mixing low doses of stimulants like 2-fma could help me in that sense, and if the mixture would be dangerous.

DocLad

Last edited:
You can mix certain stimulants with certain psychedelics but it's best to check how the specific drugs interact before combining them and have experience with both substances before doing this. What I would suggest doing instead is to try taking different psychedelics that are known to be stimulating. Combinations can get a bit messy at times and instead of going for the stims I think this is a better route. MDMA is often mixed with various things to add a bit of energy but it will change the mental effects of course. LSD is pretty stimulating by itself as well when compared to mushrooms/tryptamines. I know what you mean about them making you want to sit down and think which is what I'm going for most of the time when I take them.

I know this isn't what you asked but I try to only bring stimulants in as a last resort. Same thing with the downers, prefer to dose lower than attempting to chill another substance out because it has gotten too fast.

I have experience with stimulants such as Hex-En, Amphetamine and Methylphenidate. I had thought about 2-fma because it lasts a long time and it is said that it provides energy and focus, but it is not especially euphoric. I'm not looking for euphoria, I just want to lift my ass off the bed to do something lol.

I must first try 2-fma on its own to see what effects it produces.
Apart from the subjective sensations you may have, is there a risk in mixing a psychedelic with a stimulant of this type?

DocLad

Psychedelic phenethylamines are more stimulating, you could try mixing a low dose with a lower dose of the tryptamine and work your way up. MDMA is okay with 4-sub tryptamines as it's less physically stimulating, but it could still compound vasoconstriction and strain on the heart so be careful and keep cool and hydrated if you do that, not to mention it may make you want to move less.

I would avoid any of the stimulants you mentioned with psychs, they're just too edgy and I think it will make the experience uncomfortable and increase risk of a negative physical reaction. Unless you're prescribed the stimulant, this is pretty much the general consensus. I've personally mixed d-amphetamine with either 4-Aco-DMT or 4-Aco-MET (can't remember which) and it was not something I would repeat.

I had the feeling that mixing these two types of substances could be a bad idea. I have opened this thread to listen to testimonies.

In general it is not something that changes with psychedelic family, I always become very lazy and I am immobilized anywhere.
When I try to get up it is as if the bodyload hit me suddenly, I feel cold, tremors and muscle stiffness, so I lay back on the couch or bed until the trip ends.
On the other hand, my wife moves around the house and feels very stimulated physically. I envy her.

Mda/Mdma/6-Apb...gives me the same physical sensation of paralysis.

DocLad

Last edited: