• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to remove tobacco stink/resin

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I'm talking about the stink your hands get after smoking a lot of cigarettes, or inside your car. Tobacco smoke residue.

Soap does not seem to work.

I recently started smoking again and I particularly hate how my hands smell, it makes me not want to pet my cat.

Is there a solvent safe to use on skin that works? Best way to remove the smell from car upholstery?

Wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Hey @Snafu in the Void I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna put this over in Drug Culture as it's not really a Harm Reduction issue.

For the smell of smoke in a vehicle, Ozium is the cheapest and best way. I used to smoke weed and cigarettes every day when I was a teenager and I never once got in shit for the way I smelled. This included hotboxing my car on a daily basis.

As far as getting it off your hands, a solvent like Alcohol is going to work better than say, a normal hand soap. There's nothing that is going to be drastically better that Alcohol at removing these oils from your hands that isn't also going to be difficult to access/weird to have around in your possession. Just by some hand sanitizer, use, wash hands and then use it again.

Wash your hands frequently, ideally after each smoke if you really don't want to get jammed up.

Aside from that, it doesn't hurt to wear a little cologne or what have you, but the cologne is only ever going to cover up the smell whereas Ozium seems to actually destroy smells.

A good antibacterial soap ( Dial ) works well. It lathers up nicely and has a clean scent. Irish spring is also nice as the scent lingers for hours after I wash up with it.

For your vehicle and home I like to use a carpet shampoo ( the kind you spray in, work in with a scrub brush and then vacuum ) about every 6 months. Can't remember the name of the one I used last but it cleaned well and got rid of all odor. Not the powder you sprinkle in and then vacuum up.....the actual carpet shampoo in a can.

I agree that smoking residue is awful. It gets in our clothes and in our curtains and just everywhere. Nasty nasty habit. What is even more disgusting is to take a white, wet paper towel and run it over the inside glass of our windows. The fact that the paper towel turns brown is just hideous. We are smart, educated and want the best for ourselves and I can't for the life of me figure out why I haven't quit yet. I hate to think it's going to take a health crisis to snap me out of it but sometimes i wonder.

I agree that smoking residue is awful. It gets in our clothes and in our curtains and just everywhere. Nasty nasty habit. What is even more disgusting is to take a white, wet paper towel and run it over the inside glass of our windows. The fact that the paper towel turns brown is just hideous. We are smart, educated and want the best for ourselves and I can't for the life of me figure out why I haven't quit yet. I hate to think it's going to take a health crisis to snap me out of it but sometimes i wonder.
When I used to repair computers for a living the people who smoked indoors were extremely obvious. Computers collect dust which fuses with the tobacco resin to create this thick green fuzzy film. Reminiscent of mold growth. It's "wet" so you can't blow it out with compressed air.

Even with gloves on it was revolting. You cannot get the smell off because obviously can't rub down a motherboard with soap.

When I used to repair computers for a living the people who smoked indoors were extremely obvious. Computers collect dust which fuses with the tobacco resin to create this thick green fuzzy film. Reminiscent of mold growth. It's "wet" so you can't blow it out with compressed air.

Even with gloves on it was revolting. You cannot get the smell off because obviously can't rub down a motherboard with soap.
I just remembered the name of the product I used. It was Resolve. A bit pricey for a can but it cleans great and smells good too. I need to do my stuff again. I live alone but it's no excuse to not keep up with stuff.

I can relate to all of the post.
I have washed MBs with 99% ISO alcohol and it works at removing a lot of nicotine/smoke buildup.
I will use a foaming hand sanitizer that I carry when working but home I basically scrub my fingers with dawn and one of those rough plastic cleaning pads.
Even went so far as to use sandpaper or rub my fingers against concrete objects to get stains off. The reek is the worst for non smokers so I move with the wind at my back mostly so the smoke doesn't get all up on clothing and whatnot.
Wish I would just quit the mfs out of the blue but we know it doesn't work that way (sometimes maybe).
I do not have many issues these days with this only when I'm in my cave and fuckin up. :LOL:
Peace, brother.
Always

Hand sanitizer is largely alcohol and people are giving it away a lot. Yard sales, porch pickup free sites on Facebook, etc..
There is a surplus since Covid.