• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to reduce stable heart rate of 100 from stimulants

d1nach

Bluelighter
Hello, I have a resting heart rate of 100 however, no abnormal rthymn, no structural problems ( went to cardio doc), no abnormal electrical activity (took an ekg on my normal stim use), and low or optimal blood pressure 108/70 coming up 118 to 123 / <80 on peak.

I started walking and doing weight trauning five times a week (lifting to about 160 pulse) walking till 120 repeat. Other than reducing my stims can I do something to lower my heart rate.

Other than cardiac meds (which ONLY a cardiologist should decide if you need them or not), you can lower your resting heart rate to some degree by:

- improving your sleep hygiene
- reducing stress
- getting in shape (strength training and aerobic training are both effective)

Also my uneducated guess is that 100 beats/m is way too high, and is your body's compensatory response to your lower than normal blood pressure.

If I were you I would discuss the low BP with a cardiologist.

^ all the above is good advice, you might consider changes in diet too. also cutting out any other legal or illegal drugs will have a positive impact, seems like a platitude but worth mentioning regardless.

Sleep and diet my friend. I've been in a similar situation, I went to the dr one time (forgot I had an appointment that day) speeding my balls off. I had a bpm of 138/98... I was diagnosed on the spot with hypertension and my Valium dose was raised.

Other than cardiac meds (which ONLY a cardiologist should decide if you need them or not), you can lower your resting heart rate to some degree by:

- improving your sleep hygiene
- reducing stress
- getting in shape (strength training and aerobic training are both effective)

Also my uneducated guess is that 100 beats/m is way too high, and is your body's compensatory response to your lower than normal blood pressure.

If I were you I would discuss the low BP with a cardiologist.

These are all great suggestions. There are drugs like sedative/hypnotics and Opioids that will lower your resting heart rate, but if you're looking to go natural, living a healthy lifestyle is going to be the key. Eating well, managing stress, exercising etc. For instance, Lance Armstrong had a resting heart rate in the 40's or occasionally the high 30's because he was such a well-trained athlete.

Thanks i noticed whats odd is i dont have hypertension and actually my blood pressure is lower than most people still even at peaking then many people sober. I started lifting and i already feel after two weeks much healthier. I think part of it was i am sedentary sitting and laying all day so i really got almost zero activity. Do they have drugs to lower heart rate that dont lower lood pressure. I tried beta blockers and even at low doses almost fainted from low bp.

Thanks i noticed whats odd is i dont have hypertension and actually my blood pressure is lower than most people still even at peaking then many people sober. I started lifting and i already feel after two weeks much healthier. I think part of it was i am sedentary sitting and laying all day so i really got almost zero activity. Do they have drugs to lower heart rate that dont lower lood pressure. I tried beta blockers and even at low doses almost fainted from low bp.
Dude your high resting heart rate is your body's respond to your low blood pressure.
That means you don't need any heart rate slowing drugs at all!

When the heart is unable to flex each beat with enough power to maintain healthy blood pressure, it tries to solve the problem by beating faster to keep blood pressure from falling into danger zone.

Try weight training,
it will train both your heart and skeletal muscles.
Having stronger skeletal muscles helps to put some pressure on your loose vessels and raises your BP to some degree,
and the stronger heart will do the rest of the job by contracting much better, thus requiring fewer beats/min to maintain healthy BP.

Analogy:

Imagine two motorcycles weighing 200kg each.
One has a 250cc engine while the other sports a 1000cc engine.

The 250cc engine needs to run at 7000 rpm to ride at 70mph,
while the 1000cc engine only needs to run at 4000 rpm to reach 70mph

Hmm thank you very interesting is that perhaps why I feel better lying down and get dizzy jumping out of bed? Do some people just have abmormally low blood pressure if its unrelated to stims since they increase bp. I also notice I feel less dizzy less aware of my heart after stims.

Thx again guys that really makes sense considering all the tests on my heart came back fine just my bp is consistantly low. Its weidd though because I thought healthy foods Avoiding Chlorestsrol And Sat And Trans Fats avoiding stims and excercise gave u low blood pressure .

OP your kidneys actually play the most crucial role in BP, not the heart as many think. It's awesome that your ticker is tuned healthy. Have you had your kidneys checked? Many times it could be something so simple as the narrowing of a renal vein.
Our bodies are so unique in their design and also so very different. Some people naturally have a higher resting HR/BP than others

Ya my kidney and liver is fine. I do have narcolepsy though perhaps that causes abnormal drops in bp from sending signals to relax and sleep?

Thx again guys that really makes sense considering all the tests on my heart came back fine just my bp is consistantly low. Its weidd though because I thought healthy foods Avoiding Chlorestsrol And Sat And Trans Fats avoiding stims and excercise gave u low blood pressure .
@d1nach:

Your only problem is most likely a lazy weak heart resulting from too little physical activity.
How old are you?

If you leave it be, you "will" die many years earlier than your supposed, due to premature engine failure.

Here's the lazy/busy-man-compatible protocol for fixing your problem quickly & effectively:
Bodyweight SQUATS!

Just like someone who's not familiar with psychedelics should not begin with DMT, people who are not used to training are better off beginning with bodyweight workouts first.

Because initially many people find it hard to head to gyms daily, and will stick to their training schedule better if they can do it at home.

I'm not your typical "pump-it-up bro" gym rat, and know a thing or two about proper oldschool lifting and training, so take my advice:

Forget about tiresome long aerobic exercises like walking/running.
They are not fun, and thus most people will quit it after awhile.

Start doing daily bodyweight squats at home.
(go fully down until your butt touches your calves - but do not go down too fast like a Stuka bomber! - fall slow, then go up fast and explosively)

Squats will strengthen your heart and leg muscles, both of which will help rising your BP back to the healthy zone.
You'll begin to see results in two weeks.

AND squats are fun and addictive:
after you finish your daily session, you'll get an opiate-like high.

Install a good squats app on your smarthphone and enjoy getting high daily and living longer.
I recommend "Runtastic Squats" app. the free version will do the job.

Im 21 and picture sheldon from big bang theory im tall not overweight but also not muscular or strong and spend most of my day preoccupied with nerd things prob sitting or laying down.