• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How to recover fully from MDMA use

ksas

Greenlighter
I first tried MDMA about 3 months ago and since then, whenever I've gone out and used MDMA I've had some of the best times of my life. As my experience with the drug has grown, I've found that I have had a more enjoyable time because I am able to become more relaxed and comfortable. Before I was quite a shy and nervous guy, but I have found that MDMA has made me more confident while on the drug, which has translated to being more confident off it as well. I also feel like I've become a more positive and friendly person :). I like to roll once every 2-3 weeks, I would normally take about 160mg bomb to start, and then 2-3 x 80mg throughout the night (usually about 8 hours). I haven't suffered any really terrible comedowns so far, I'm just really tired the following day but feel fine a day later.

MDMA is so wonderful, I don't want to lose the magic! To enhance the roll I use magnesium, ALA and quercetin about an hour before and then 5htp and vitamin C for the days in-between (stopping 5htp 2 days before rolling). I also try to eat healthily, exercise regularly, avoid alcohol. Apart from waiting longer in-between rolls, is there anything else I can do to enhance the experience?

With MDMA the best way to enhance your roll is the longer waiting period. 4 weeks instead of 2-3 weeks will help out a lot. This is really the only true way to enhance the experience.

I wouldn't redose more than once, btw. The 2nd redose won't do anything except keep you stimmed for a little longer.

I'm very glad you've reaped real life benefits through the use of MDMA. It can indeed be a fantastic tool for self improvement. However I must say that by maintaining your current pattern of use you're setting yourself up for disaster my friend.

Assuming you are indeed taking real MDMA(which means you're testing the product every time you get a new batch), your frequency and doses are way too high. I would suggest, for the sake of your health and continued enjoyment of MDMA, that you take a break of at least 2 months between each roll(3 or more is optimal) and drop your dose down to no more than 200mg a night.

Lastly, you're also redosing recklessly. Remember that experiments concerning the neurotoxic effects of MDMA always use multiple dose regimens to demonstrate and maximize the damage. You should never redose more than once, never later than 1.5hrs in and never more than half your initial dose.

Please don't view this as an attempt to scare monger. The consequences of MDMA abuse/misuse are very real and are documented quite extensively throughout this forum. MDMA is a wonderful substance that can be enjoyed in a healthy manner if one is responsible and follows a few simple rules for harm reduction, I'm sure you don't want the benefits you've derived to disappear and be replaced by long term issues, massive tolerance("losing the magic") and a complete elimination of MDMA from your life.

The best way to enhance the experience is to realize that it's not something that can be done frequently and act accordingly. There are other drugs, just as fun and valuable, that can be used more frequently. The best thing is to enjoy yourself sober most of the time and save the MD for truly special occasions in order to make them perfect.

Last edited:
Maybe you have found a succesfull prophylactic neurotoxicity regime. I wonder how many people have taken supplements like ALA every time, right from the first time they have taken MDMA.
It seems to prevent neurotoxicity in mice:
Alpha-lipoic acid prevents 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA)-induced neurotoxicity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10619665

Some caveats, there's still receptor down-regulation and who knows what other changes in the brain that might lead to "losing the magic".
Also, to second badrobot, redosing adds to neurotoxicity.

I forgot where I read it, but it seems ketamine is also neuroprotective and helps prevent toxicity. In addition, it provides a nice twist. If you aren't up for mixing, ketamine can also be taken before you roll so you can focus on your roll more so then the combo, I however favored anything in combo when I was younger. NMDA antagonists also helps in prevent tolerance buildup. Ketamine is truly a wonder drug. I think maybe that's the reason I loved MDMA so much, and didn't start losing the magic until a year after abusing it. It's odd how it seems to fade out of your life, but now I use it maybe twice a year IF that. So maybe a combination of ketamine and ALA would be a good pre-roll regimine.

And KSAS, it's not so much the magic that is lost. There's more to it than that. Over time you start to become accustomed to what a come up is going to feel like, the high, the experience. There is only a limited number of ways to change your roll and experience it differently, depending on your setting, and people you roll with. I don't mean to ruin it for you, but it also seems to lose its innocence as an empathogenic drug, once you delve into using it more and the community surrounding it. There's also the neural pathways your brain creates that weren't there when you first started to use MDMA.

You seem to be new to it, 3 months is pretty new. I am not sure, but I am also going to assume you have recently started to get involved into raves/clubbing too?? If I am wrong then everything else may not apply to you. I'm not going to lie, it has changed, and shaped my life in more ways then I could have imagined. For the better, or the worse who really knows. I just know that they were the best years of my life and I don't really regret anything. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Just learn have self control and patience. If I could give you one solid piece of advice, even though I know you didn't ask for it, it would be this. Make sure you're always aware of your surroundings, and KNOW what you are taking. I can't stress enough that you should buy a test kit, even if its just the minimum of using a marquis reagent.. I've learned my lesson the hard way, and it took me a couple times to learn. Trust me, you can negatively impact your actual life, long term. Everything you get may seem fine and dandy now, but there may be that one time you get some unknown drug and it ruins you. Don't always trust pillreports either.

Best of rolling to you!

Only thing I can think of bro is spacing out time between rolls. That works wonders...I have crazy stories to tell from when I wouldn't space out rolls and had bad ass rolls lmaoo..laying on a couch with a fan blowing full speed in your face while your rolling extremely hard and feeling like shit is no fun lol..live n learn though man..MDMA is an excellent substance in moderation :) ..stay safe with it broski, happy rolling

Fully recover = Sportive lifestyle (obsession with body & cardio)
Eating healthy = same as above.
Right Supplements at the right time = R-ALA, magnesium, quercetin, vitamin c, 5-HTP, tums/rolaids, multivitamins, protein shakes..
Time to recover. (at least 1 month depending how you feel)

ala . r-ala, an the most potent na-r-ala helps of course but you shouldnt roll more than once a year, and can even take lnger breaks than that. It really can become a depedence/addiction cycle , if you let it, and must have a strong mind to be able to do it once a year or less. Ive gone over ten years between breaks(im 32)

sure all the antioxidants and 5-htp afterwards for two weeks help; however, the main thing is to take long breaks