• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How to really tell if the guy is interested in you?

nataly66687

Ex-Bluelighter
I am really unsure on if this guy, I have known for a week, and gone on 1 date with really is interested in me or not. We had our first date this past weekend and it went over really well. The day after the date, which was Saturday, Sunday arrives and he doesn't text me until around 7PM. I replied and never got a response. So I decided to text him again to say good night around 10PM-11PM and from there we talked briefly over texts. Today arrives and by 12PM no text messages when last week he would text me in the morning 9AM, 10AM, 11AM, or even 12PM and nothing from today. So I decided to text him around 12PM, seeing how his day was going, then texted him other stuff I was doing, and even sent him a link to buy the tickets for the movie, we are suppose to go see this weekend, for our 2nd date. But to me, it feels like we were texting and talking so much more last week and since our first date, our talking has died down just a tad and thats hurting my feelings. This guy says he really likes me a lot, and wants us to go on this 2nd date and is interested in me hands down, he had said during our 1st date. But then again he is hardly talking. So do you think he is still interested or is it fading away? I really don't know.

Honestly, this is what I do when I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I back off the talking in hopes that they get the hint. Some people are just big vaginas when it comes to stuff like that. Doesn't mean he is trying to be an asshole. He is most likely trying not to be. Don't text him first again and you will have your answer.

Honestly, this is what I do when I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I back off the talking in hopes that they get the hint. Some people are just big vaginas when it comes to stuff like that. Doesn't mean he is trying to be an asshole. He is most likely trying not to be. Don't text him first again and you will have your answer.

I haven't texted him at all today and its goin on 3PM and no word from him. Maybe he will text me later on or maybe not. If he does text me at least once today, it shows he's still interested. Besides that, during our first date, we both talked going on a 2nd date, which is happening this weekend on Sunday, and he kept saying how we should buy the tickets ASAP for this one time event of this double feature movie screening, at this movie theater. So I gave him a link to buy the tickets, and he said "Oooooo I will look into it".

So its left in his hands to buy those tickets, and still let the 2nd date happen. I am all set and just waiting for him to make the move and see if this 2nd date does happen or not. I am letting him do all the chasing now and going to see what happens.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like he is interested. If he was he would be texting you more or giving you more attention. Obviously it went stale and it's done with.

For your sake I hope you're right. Don't get me wrong I am not saying it's the right thing to do but I am doing this same thing to someone right now. I really tried and wanted to like him but honest truth is I am not even remotely attracted to him. I hung around hoping it would change but it hasn't and come to realize there's just nothing there at all for me. But how do you say that? I would be so hurt if someone felt that way. So I am trying to phase it out. Meanwhile his bday is tomorrow which doesn't help. Maybe he will just stop txting if I respond less. I know it sounds mean but I just don't want to hurt his feelings and feel bad. He didn't do anything wrong. I just feel nothing for him aside from friendly. Trying to force it didn't work. Good luck. Keep us posted... and yes I know I am being an asshole! I don't like confrontation

Last edited:
For your sake I hope you're right. Don't get me wrong I am not saying it's the right thing to do but I am doing this same thing to someone right now. I really tried and wanted to like him but honest truth is I am not even remotely attracted to him. I hung around hoping it would change but it hasn't and come to realize there's just nothing there at all for me. But how do you say that? I would be so hurt if someone felt that way. So I am trying to phase it out. Meanwhile his bday is tomorrow which doesn't help. Maybe he will just stop txting if I respond less. I know it sounds mean but I just don't want to hurt his feelings and feel bad. He didn't do anything wrong. I just feel nothing for him aside from friendly. Trying to force it didn't work. Good luck. Keep us posted... and yes I know I am being an asshole! I don't like confrontation

Well should I just confront him and ask him "hey are you interested or not?" or just leave him alone and see if he continues to contact me or not?

If you have to wonder if a guy is interested, he probably isn't. We aren't the subtlest of creatures, by and large.

I wouldn't. I would just wait to see if he contacts you. I certainly wouldn't wait around if I were you either! Just do your own thing. If he surfaces and you made other plans then he has to wait.

Texting is convenient but not the best way of getting a feeling of whats going on with someone.

If you are having a hard time here or feel you are about to be ghosted by a shmuck then you can delete his number and text history so you cant contact him. If he belatedly contacts you, just pretend your phone lost all your numbers and dont know who he is.

Texting is convenient but not the best way of getting a feeling of whats going on with someone.

If you are having a hard time here or feel you are about to be ghosted by a shmuck then you can delete his number and text history so you cant contact him. If he belatedly contacts you, just pretend your phone lost all your numbers and dont know who he is.

OP's story sounds familiar. It's what I used to go through sometimes while dating. At first a guy will be texting and calling like crazy, then they slowly phase you out.

I couldn't agree more about deleting his number! That's what I had to do in order to not try to text something. There's no satisfaction in that because even if a person responds, you feel like it's because they felt obligated. Delete that number and when you hear nothing back, then you definitely know for sure.

These guys also pop up after days just to keep you dangling on a line, fuck that. He sounds like that kind of dickhead.

Women do it too! It really all boils down to having no backbone, not liking confrontation and uncomfortable situations, and not wanting to hurt someone's feelings. In my case atleast.

Well I caved and texted him asking him if we could Skype again and he said sure, so we did, talking for about a good hour, and we talked a lot, so we are still getting along and communicating with one another. We even discussed our 2nd date still happening this weekend. He says he will be buying the movie tickets this Thursday or Friday, unless they sell out, and I did say I would keep him posted on if they do sell out or not.

Today's a new day and its going on 4PM and no word from him at all. So I am just going to leave him alone for the time being and see if he contacts me today at all. I will also probably do the same thing tomorrow and then Friday if I haven't heard from him, hit him up and ask him if the date is still on or not.

chill out wait for second date and if it happens then be less obsessed with these texts. if not no worries.

good luck

Apparently I need to borrow a set of balls. Anyone? Why am I such a vagina? The ghosting isn't working out and I feel bad but bottom line I just dont feel anything. Infact it's more like ewww all I can see is what I don't like which is everything and the more he txts the worse it gets. I have been to hell and back twice with bad addiction yet I can't muster up the courage to be honest about my lack of feelings? That is ridiculous. I am just gonna have to take care of it. I'm just dreading him saying but why. You can't be honest without hurting feelings and I don't want to do that. I was hoping he would just wait to see if I would txt him and then just not. So OP sorry but this might be what is happening with you. I know that is not what you want to hear. Edit: I did it. Put on the big girl panties and took care of business. What a relief. He is harassing me now.

Last edited:
Apparently I need to borrow a set of balls. Anyone? Why am I such a vagina? The ghosting isn't working out and I feel bad but bottom line I just dont feel anything. Infact it's more like ewww all I can see is what I don't like which is everything and the more he txts the worse it gets. I have been to hell and back twice with bad addiction yet I can't muster up the courage to be honest about my lack of feelings? That is ridiculous. I am just gonna have to take care of it. I'm just dreading him saying but why. You can't be honest without hurting feelings and I don't want to do that. I was hoping he would just wait to see if I would txt him and then just not. So OP sorry but this might be what is happening with you. I know that is not what you want to hear. Edit: I did it. Put on the big girl panties and took care of business. What a relief. He is harassing me now.

Him and I are still talking and still plan to go out this weekend so things are still good on my end.