• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to quit amphetemine (vyvanse) while working 12hr shifts

Legally High

Bluelighter
I work 12 hrs every day and vyvanse keeps me up all night so I don't get any sleep and have to take it again to function. I need help with this it's wearing me down.

You know you shouldn't take it at bedtime right? It's meant for the morning, like coffee for normal people.

OK, so that's what you do probably. As a meth user, that's weird to me, because I think of amphs as shorter duration, and a Vyvanse early in the shift seems like it would be just right. I assume you've played around with timing and taking less?

Or is it too short, you dose in the morning, need another later? THere's all kinds of extended release and instant release boosters and who knows what all the fidgety kids get now.

If you work 12's, is it like three on four off? If you were on a barge doing this seasonal you'd probably not be on the internet, so consider meth! instead (no don't). Then you could cover the entire three days, no sleep no problem lose weight while you work.

Sometimes those long shifts, even without any stims, leave you kind of wired at night. But its a feedback, because you take stims because you're sleep deprived. You might have to just suffer through a whole day without, sleep like a baby, then discover you don't need any the next day.

Just don't start the energy drinks. Meth is healthier.

Yea I take it at six am and can't go to sleep when I get home after 12 hours of work which really sucks, I guess I'll half my dose and see if that works better

Yeah, you've got the easier problem then.

If vyvanse gets you through and beyond, have you considered just caffeine? The amphs make you pee too.

It sounds paradoxical, but your dose may be too high. (My personal experience.) But check with your doctor.

Is an immediate-release formulation an option? Vyvance, to the best of my understanding, releases dextroamphetamine at a constant rate and 'runs out' at some point. You may also want to look into modafinil, in its various formulations, if your insurance will pay for it. It's not exactly like caffeine or dextroamphetamine, but it does give you a boost.