View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to prepare blue lily resin extract?

the abducted one

Greenlighter
Recently I bought some Blue lily (Nymphaea caerulea) 20:1 resin extract and I'm planning to dissolve it in wine,2grams for 2people . Now my question is, how long do I need to soak it in wine? Since it's an extract, I assume I can drink it immediately,right? Any experience would be helpful!

Don't think he's talking about cannabis... just google "blue lily extract"

And while I have never tried it myself, even an extract won't instantly dissolve into the alcohol/wine.

I would take 2 glasses of wine, separate them into their own glass before hand. Than weigh out 1g, put in one glass of wine, repeat. I would then leave the wine alone overnight (or a minimum of an hour). This should give the extract time to dissolve into the solvent (the alcohol).

If you are really impatient, just take 1g each of the extract without dissolving it in wine, and drink the wine after.

Erowid says:
The dried flowers of certain species of Nymphaea and Nelumbo are sometimes smoked, made into a tea, or macerated in alcohol for a mild sedative effect.

Yes if you extract it with some wine, it should be able to absorb better in the body and have better effect. I think I've had Blue Lotus / Lilly, it was alright and pleasant but as was said: mild. Just don't expect ultra special stuff and you should have a nice time. :)

I wouldn't leave wine open and unrefrigerated for a day, can get tangy... ;)

If you used 1 shot of Vodka, for each lump of Resin and then Heated it gently while stirring until it dissolved or became soluble that would be wise.
Then if you wanted to you could take the vodka mixture and put it into some Wine.

Wine has alot of Tannins. I've noticed it is hard to get things to "dissolve" into wine.
Honestly, it seems to just pull out Tannins or "what you want" is floating on the bottom.

Yeah... usually rich concoctions like wine are not really ideal to do extractions with because really you just want to use the alcohol and the rest are impurities that complicate things, literally forming complexes perhaps indeed with tannins, entirely possible.

But I thought Blue lilly was traditionally imbibed in wine, was that another 'sacred' flower...?

Of course what is done traditionally is not always a perfected procedure by a long shot, but then again it is sort of proven and accepted through time, isn't it?

Yeah but making Blue Lily Wine, is completely different than adding some extract to some already made wine. Thats like taking Cocaine and adding to to Coca Cola and saying you have the original recipe. No you added cocaine to soda.
Everything i have read about using pre-made wine. Used Flower Petals in a Rose wine and let them sit in the wine until most of the color had leeched from the petals and was then in the wine.

Then that was filtered.

If you have a Wad of Pure Blue lily Extract, dissolving "tar" in something that isn't pure, like wine would probably be harder to do than lets just say, adding it to vodka.

Last edited: