• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to potentiate Carisoprodol )SOMA)

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hi all,

As the title suggests - how can/can you ,potentiate Carisoprodol (SOMA)?

My tolerance is that high I'd like to try and potentiate this drug without actually taking more. Empty stomach? Full stomach? Eat certain foods? Eat whilst coming up?
I have Clonazepam and Pregabalin, but I'd prefer to get more out of my Carisoprodol without using other abuseable drugs if possible?

Thanks.

You could start combining them with alcohol for an added effect but I'm certain this is not good HR advice! You're lucky SOMA works at all. It's supposed to be a prodrug and my liver does NOT seem to do much useful with it. Never had a buzz from SOMA.

You could start combining them with alcohol for an added effect but I'm certain this is not good HR advice! You're lucky SOMA works at all. It's supposed to be a prodrug and my liver does NOT seem to do much useful with it. Never had a buzz from SOMA.

Hey now simstim. You've totally done nothing wrong and I definitely don't want to be a nazi, but please don't actually advise people to combine depressants just because. We know people will probably do it, but this is a particularly dangerous combination, so be careful in the future please. Carisoprodol is a prodrug for Meprobabmate, a non-barbiturate drug. Non-barbiturates are so-called because they possess nearly all of the physiological effects of Barbiturates while still being chemically distinct. Alcohol and Barbiturates is always bad news.

As far as potentiation goes, I don't know that there is much that you can do specifically for Carisoprodol.

It seems to be a hit or miss. For me it's definitely a hit, one of my favorites gabaergics (if not my favorite).
Carisoprodol gets metabolized into meprobamate but it's actually active by itself as well. IIRC carisoprodol is stronger than meprobamate but also considerably shorter acting, you usually feel it for the first hour or so until meprobamate takes over, but it varies depending on the dose.
Don't know about potentiating it though, besides the obvious (and potentially dangerous) stuff, I would just take a higher dose instead.
It goes quite well with cannabis and kratom, that's a pretty safe combo.

It seems to be a hit or miss. For me it's definitely a hit, one of my favorites gabaergics (if not my favorite).
Carisoprodol gets metabolized into meprobamate but it's actually active by itself as well. IIRC carisoprodol is stronger than meprobamate but also considerably shorter acting, you usually feel it for the first hour or so until meprobamate takes over, but it varies depending on the dose.
Don't know about potentiating it though, besides the obvious (and potentially dangerous) stuff, I would just take a higher dose instead.
It goes quite well with cannabis and kratom, that's a pretty safe combo.
I've been combining it with Dihydrocodeine (DHC).

But I'm not sure whether to take the Soma (Carisoprodol) before the DHC (How long before? Or, with the DHC? Or after... how long after?

Thanks for your imput.

Probably take the DHC first then the Soma after. DHC presumably needs metabolism to DHM but Soma is active on its own.

I've been combining it with Dihydrocodeine (DHC).

But I'm not sure whether to take the Soma (Carisoprodol) before the DHC (How long before? Or, with the DHC? Or after... how long after?

Thanks for your imput.

Yeah I'd probably be inclined to take the DHC first. Soma works pretty well as an "add-on".
I've never had the chance to try DHC but I've mixed soma with oral morphine a couple of times. I think I took soma like ~10min before the morph, or roughly at the same time.
If you have your doses figured out then just time them so both drugs kick-in at the same time, at least that's what I would do.

Probably take the DHC first then the Soma after. DHC presumably needs metabolism to DHM but Soma is active on its own.
I always thought that DHC was fully active on it's own? So I was never concerned about what other "CYP " systems role they had to play - unlike Codeine and some other drugs...

You see the thing is I'm on low dose Verapamil as a cluster headache prophylactic (which seems to be effective *touches wood). I've been on Mirtazapine for around 8 weeks in total which didn't help one bit! :( Taking it as follows - 15 mg for 4 weeks, 30 mg for 2-3 weeks, 15 mg for 1 week, and then 7.5 mg some days on/days off, tapering for the past 1 week with my final dose yesterday)

I'm due to start taking my Vortioxetine (10 mg) and Aripiprazole (5 mg) today, but I'm holding off as I want to find out first if it will negatively impact my DHC/SOMA/Temazepam/Alprazolam?

Btw, I only plan to use the DHC/SOMA/Alprazolam/Temazepam for the next few days, and then begin my Aripiprazole/Vortioxetine regime.

I was gonna start a new thread, but seeing as we're on the subject: Has anybody had any experiences with the Aripiprazole/Vortioxetine combination? I've tried Vortioxetine before and it was really good for improving mood and motivation etc.. But it done hardly anything for my Social Anxiety/Agoraphobia. The Psychiatrist insisted a low dose (5 mg) of Aripiprazole would help combat this...
Yeah I'd probably be inclined to take the DHC first. Soma works pretty well as an "add-on".
I've never had the chance to try DHC but I've mixed soma with oral morphine a couple of times. I think I took soma like ~10min before the morph, or roughly at the same time.
If you have your doses figured out then just time them so both drugs kick-in at the same time, at least that's what I would do.
Yeah, Oramorph (Oral Morphine) always seems to start working quite quickly. Whereas DHC (for me at least) has always been one of the slower to notice/feel compared to all other Opiates...

Whenever I've used other potentiators like Pregabalin etc.. I've always waited to see if I could feel the Opiate first (Which is quite easy with Pregabalin as it's always taken a good 90-120 minutes for it to kick in - so just dose the Opiate just before, or with the Pregabalin.

Thanks for you imput Bluelighters ;)

Yeah I have a special place in my heart for somas I like to grab em when I can also definitely one of my top favorite gabagerics as well and the answer was definitely answered it’s either up the dose or go against HR practices which I wouldn’t advice the latter but I have found that because of the carisparidol being active in the beginning and then the meprobromate taking over roughly hour hour 15 in you could take a second dose to keep the feeling of both chems but that’s just something I’ve done from time to time and quite enjoy it either way I just wanted to throw that cuz I just came across this

In pharmaceutical preparations they bundle Carisoprodol, codeine and Aspirin. I believe that the Aspirin actually increases the amount of meprobamate.