• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to not fall asleep on Hydrocodone

DrugsAreFun1850

Greenlighter
Hi, I am wondering if it is just me or other people fall asleep really easily on opiates too. While I do love the sleep I want to be on the drug and stay up all day. I usually take them at night and fall asleep within 3 hours.

Today I took 20mg at 2 pm and I will probably take more later at night, so how do I manage to stay up all day and enjoy the high without falling asleep and keeping the high going?

Try taking less so you won't fall asleep. Keep in mind Bluelight is a harm reduction site and we're not here to help you get high.

Due to the harm reduction purpose it is hard to help you with your question.

But taking a smaller dose is a good advice, as this might result in more stimulating effects from the opioid and less sedation. Plus, if you want to stay up late, due not take your opioids early in the day, take them in the evening. After a period of time, I find that all opioids makes me sleepy. Thus, if I know I have to stay up late I will take my methadone later than normally plus instead of taking the 60 mg I take each day in one dose, I will split it in two or three doses and make sure to have something to take later at night than I would if I knew I had to sleep early. I often have troubles sleeping if I take my methadone too close to when I want to sleep.

Yeah, nothing kills an opioid buzz worse than struggling to stay awake. I've noticed that using 60-80 mg DXM (found in Robistussin) with either oxy or hydro is kind of an upper and is a lot less sedating than opioids by itself. However, this is a fairly strong potentiator so I would probably cut down your opioid dose by about 25% or so.

Yeah, nothing kills an opioid buzz worse than struggling to stay awake. I've noticed that using 60-80 mg DXM (found in Robistussin) with either oxy or hydro is kind of an upper and is a lot less sedating than opioids by itself. However, this is a fairly strong potentiator so I would probably cut down your opioid dose by about 25% or so.

The combination of opioids and DXM might cause serotonin syndrome in rare cases, therefore, people should be careful combining opioids, even those that are not normally related to be weak serotonin reuptake inhibitors, like it his case, oxycodone or hydrocodone).

I have found Lyrica to potentiate my opioids as well. As I am not tolerant to Lyrica I only need to dosage around 150-200 mg to potentiate oxycodone to a degree where I can remove 30-50 mg from my normal dosage and up to 20 mg of my normal dosage of methadone. However, the combination of Lyrica of oxycodone and especially methadone might also cause serotonin syndrome (new research propose that GABA drugs in combination with other drugs influencing serotonin might cause serotonin syndrome as well, though it remains a hypothesis so far with very little empirical evidence as support. I myself however have suffered from symptoms that could be causes be an excess of serotonin, thus supporting the hypothesis (even though one persons reaction isn't exactly something that can support a scientific hypothesis alone :p Much more data is needed.)

Caffein is the only safe way i know of. Getting the "nods" is very common and universal throughout all opioids. If you find a good remedy be sure to let me know!

Sharp