• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine How to manage a Coke OD at home?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

On the odd occasion I'll end up sorting too much Coke which will result in me experiencing all of the negative symptoms of a Coke overdose minus a heart attack. Is there a way to effectively manage any of the symptoms with any of the medications I'm on? I'm prescribed the following prescription meds:

Oxycodone IR 30mg x4 daily.
Pregabalin 100mg x3 daily.
Mirtazapine 45mg once nightly.
Olanzapine 5mg twice daily.

I've also got the following meds which aren't prescribed, and I only take them as needed:

Clonazepam 2mg.
Promethazine 25mg.
Diphenhydramine 25mg.
Cyproheptadine 4mg.

As you can see I've got some pretty sedating meds on hand and I'm guessing any one or a combination of a few would help in a mild-moderate Coke OD.

Which meds would u take out of those two lists to try and mitigate a Coke OD? Cheers guys.

If you are talking about the psychiatric and generally speaking subjective unpleasantness from doing to much coke, clonazepam, possibly with an olanzapine chaser, will mitigate those pretty well. They won't kick in immediately of course and there is the chance that once they start to work you could've ridden things out. If we're talking about physiological issues, elevated blood pressure and heart rate and the like, not so much. Clonazepam at best might be very mildly helpful for these by calming you down but not really—with those issues you are running some pretty serious medical risks especially depending on if you have any underlying issues (including some you might not know about, for example certain cardiac arrhythmias.)

What is the olanzapine prescribed for, out of curiosity?

Seems like the olanzapine would put quite a damper on the cocaine from the get go 🤔

The answer seems to be the benzos largely.

What is the olanzapine prescribed for, out of curiosity?

Seems like the olanzapine would put quite a damper on the cocaine from the get go 🤔

The answer seems to be the benzos largely.

I take olanzapine for some of the symptoms associated with Borderline personality disorder I got diagnosed with a few years ago.

I’m not a pharmacologically knowledgeable person in comparison to the vast majority of BL users, but I used to take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) + either Ativan (lorazepam) and/or Xanax (alprazolam) when I was done with my blow for the day. I had scripts for both (thanks Daddy). And I was doing an eight ball on my own at that point. Plus I was also doing lots of Nitrous (60-80 cartridges over 8 hours).

This combo definitely alleviated my post blow jitteriness and fast heart rate. Plus I could sleep.

I’m not a pharmacologically knowledgeable person in comparison to the vast majority of BL users, but I used to take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) + either Ativan (lorazepam) and/or Xanax (alprazolam) when I was done with my blow for the day. I had scripts for both (thanks Daddy). And I was doing an eight ball on my own at that point. Plus I was also doing lots of Nitrous (60-80 cartridges over 8 hours).

This combo definitely alleviated my post blow jitteriness and fast heart rate. Plus I could sleep.

You are the first female nitrous oxide afficinado I've seen here, and I've been here a long time 🤔

Nitrous rocks, it’s just unfortunate that it’s so short acting. I find the whipped cream canister delivery system works quite well for my purposes.

I've been told antipsychotics like olanzapine are effective at reducing the symptoms of a Coke OD due to the blockade / antagonism antipsychotics cause at dopamine and serotonin receptor sites. Benzos would be effective at reducing neuronal action potentials thus having a positive impact too. So I guess the best drug combo to take for a coke OD would be an Antipsychotic and a Benzodiazepine. The next time I feel jittery once my come runs out I'll take 4mg of Clonazepam and 10mg of Olanzapine, reckon those dosages r high enough?

EDIT: Pregabalin might be affective too as it works in a very similar way to benzos.