View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to make softer the enter to the trip

TopSpace

Greenlighter
Im using some sort of phenyletylamins, but cant use it already because of reflex. Its a very uncomfortable feeling on the enter which goes on 2-3 hours I guess similar to overload when spaceship break through the Earth's gravitation :)

I really like the psychodelia but at the moment I dont have any other stuff to use instead of this.

What can I drink maybe or do to make it softer?

1-3 beers on the comeup ease the come up of psychedelics for me. It can make the nausea worse though, if your drug is doing this I'd try something else...

1-3 beers on the comeup ease the come up of psychedelics for me. It can make the nausea worse though, if your drug is doing this I'd try something else...

I am with you, but depending on the substance it can be contra-productive.

My suggestions for avoiding this anxiety are:

1. Drink 1-2 beers/1 cup of wine as suggested by St3ve if psychedelic substance allows it (read references before)
2. I love meeting with the people I am going to trip with, some hours in advance. Eating together, discussing life's current subject, etc. can have a very positive effect on the early stages of the psychedelic state.
3. Have proper set & setting. Take the substance on a controlled environment, with people you know and trust.
4. Choose a substance that has easy onset. Not every substance gives the same feeling at the beginning... For example, we can't compare the uncomfortable feeling of 4-AcO-DMT and other tryptamines at the beginning to the nice MDMA-like effect that certain phenethylamines (it depends on the person, but for example 2C-B has a very gentle onset on me) provide.

You can try taking half a Benadryl (12.5mg diphenhydramine), it might make you a little too sleepy but it should help with the nausea and anxiety.

The most direct way to soften the entry to any drug is to increase its volume and introduction time to the body. Don't bother using it with other drugs. You can simply dissolve it in 1 liter of water and drink 100mL every 10 minutes (or shorter or longer as you see fit, probably shorter with less volume -- you get the point.)

The most common negative symptom during the psychedelic come-up is simply nausea, usually, so some sort of antihistamine like hydroxyzine or (as previously mentioned) diphenhydramine might help.

Or simply do something to distract you from the fact that you have taken a drug. Go for a walk for example. Sometimes I think come-up anxiety is caused by people sitting there waiting for a drug to take action.