• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,... Methylene Trioxy Methamphetamine is invalid.. ? WOW ! And I thought I had something there.

Last edited:
What about 3,4 Methylene-TrimethoxyPhenethylamine ? Its supposed to be a cross between MDA and Mescaline. What do you think of that as a Molecule ?

I know... Why do I waste my time trying to come up with a molecule that contains a Methylene group with a Trimethoxy group ? I think it's out of sheer boredom. It would be interesting if I could come up with new molecule though, but I'm sure that if a molecule works somebody all ready made it.

Can't work out if OP has a really dry sense of humour, is deluded or is a fantasist.

It's a bold statement to claim to be a trained chemist while displaying a utter lack of even an iota of understanding of the subject and simply choosing to ignore anyone who points out said glaring faults.

Another one for the ignore list.

that's not even a valid chemical name
OU1afKpm.png

B3fkCl8m.png

Also, you may want to learn about how IUPAC naming works.

Oh dear. What is so odd is that their is free online software that allows one to draw a structure and then it automatically provides the IUPAC and the SMILES definitions. My SON can manage to use those tools without issue and it's reasonable to suppose that he hasn't even studied chemistry at school yet.

I freely admit that as soon as such software was out there, I used it. I would have to blow the dust off my 'Blue Book' to correctly provide the IUPAC of something complex.

It seems like a strange oversight if one is attempting to present a front as some god of organic chemistry. More NPD behavior?

I'm just checking my Oxford English Dictionary... well by George, it's in there.

Says 'see also: chocolate hammer, motorcycle ashtray, solar powered torch'.

Look, if (s)he wants to sit in the corner eating crayons, let them - just don't employ them as say... head of the Upjohn Drug Design laboratory.

Synthesis discussion removed by mod - Skorpio

*snipped* -Skorpio

The DEA has been finding a lot of PCP labs in the last few years. Generally remote beach houses because if you 'cook' at dusk, the wind direction is almost always out to sea.

Oh, and they are most commonly discovered when HUGE ether fires start.

I've had a small ether fire and it melted the glassware so god knows what it does to the steel drums used as reaction vessels.

*snipped* -Skorpio

I am not too keen. I read about a 1961 experiment in which a ward of medicated schizophrenia sufferers were given PCP. ALL of them developed the full range of positive and negative symptoms within a few minutes. I'm also concerned by it's action being similar to dizocilpine and the Erowid 'trip reports' into that compound are not good.

It sounds to me like it emulates schizophrenia a little bit too well and it's duration is so long partly due to LogP, partly because it's reabsorbed through the bladder wall.

sekio is an unusually stable person. I wouldn't dare to emulate what he does because he's eunoia. I think PCPy is capable of bringing up stuff we don't even remember and making us relive it. Don't get me wrong, sekio knows of which he speaks, but I would place him in a small minority. Remember that fast&bulbous lost almost everything because he tested the whole PCP series after some negative life events... and got sectioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed that post and edited AlsoTapred's replies because talking about actually synthesizing compounds and prices is a bridge too far for bluelight.

In reading these posts about PCP I kind of came up with a molecule that should be a lot mellower. Its a hybrid between ketobemidone and ketamine. Its only slightly like PCP, but hypothetically it would be more euphoric and less crazy. I call it " 1-(4-(-3-hydroxyphenyl)-1-methyl-4-piperidyl)cyclohexanone. " If there's any good chemist in here tell me what you think of this hypothetical molecule and would it be psychoactive ? And how would you compare it to PCP ? I know I'm kind of brain storming it here.
Please learn proper IUPAC naming. You are just mashing names together without any regard for the rules.
LstIpfR.png

I smell a Texas Carbon, meaning the structure is not valid.
If you instead mean 2-(4-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-1-methylpiperidin-4-yl)cyclohexan-1-one, it's not likely to be active as a dissociative (the piperidine ring is in the wrong place) nor as an opioid (the ketone is 1 carbon too far away from the piperidine ring).
QLHohpR.png

What if you were to add a (1-phenylpiperidine) or just a (phenyl) to Dizocilpines chemical structure ? Or place another molecule on the top of it. Would that be possibly or not ? And would it be more psychoactive ? Just wondering.

Last edited:
You laugh, but such a thing really does exist.

Back to the topic at hand.
lHILIMb.png

4-(2-chlorophenyl)-2,9-dimethyl-6H-thieno[3,2-f][1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,4]diazepine
SMILES: CC1=CC2=C(N3C(C)=NN=C3CN=C2C4=CC=CC=C4Cl)S1

I would call this 'metizolam' but apparently the name is taken by this:
200px-Desmethyletizolam.svg.png
You know to make it stronger. You might want to consider replacing the (2-Chlorophenyl) with a Bromophenyl or an Iodophenyl. I'm just saying this because if you add a molecule with a heavier atom it may make it stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.