• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to make kratom extract

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Extracts are expensive and work great, leaf powder is cheaper and taste like crap..So I’m making a simple tek to get a pretty decent extract.

This is what I’m using, and bubble bags to filter off solids
7532CDE6-871B-4979-9730-EA183E394C93.jpeg

Mix the iso and kratom powder, I let this sit for about 10-15min
B79ADCAE-5F97-4FD1-9E51-C9848F570842.jpeg

Filtered through 220 bubble bag
3B9918D2-3A6E-4FB4-8A01-05E42BEAFA8B.jpeg

Still a lot of plant matter after the 220bag

C21B7817-7B87-4094-B445-A22E7868AE7A.jpeg

Filtering a second time through the 25ug bag, whatever you use to filter try to get out as much plant matter as possible

F50435E8-2924-4DAB-896C-F7E0B19CE1EB.jpeg

B93B0D15-0379-4A99-8F64-A0871C5A8C72.jpeg

Make sure most the plant matter is out it’s time to evaporate off in a pyrex, you can put the liquid in the fridge to try and get more plant matter to fall out, I put the Pyrex in the garage with a fan blowing over it to speed up the evaporation

6542BDDC-CA80-4893-A219-A4FB4EB5DC77.jpeg

Will post the dried up product when it finishes, if anybody is interested in how to refine it further I’ll do that after scraping up the extract

BDCBB3EB-D15B-4D85-AA4F-EC86973AE2E2.jpeg

46BB99EA-E0A5-4B05-AAC3-D6E18B4CEAA5.jpeg

E0AC981D-F434-4D3B-BD0D-96761D49F331.jpeg

Finally had time to scrape up the extract this morning, it turned out a lot greener this time, I don’t know if it’s cause the material is really old or if it’s cause it’s a different brand/strain than I usually extract or if it’s cause of the 99% iso instead of the 70%, maybe the 70% bulls more clorophyll , either way it still is real shiny with little crystals that I can’t seem to pick up on camera, has that typical bitter taste. If enough people are interested in refining it further I’ll post that up too

how much do you take for desired effect?
Haven’t tried this stuff yet, but typically a tsp or so is similar to a tablespoon of powder, it’s not as strong as an OPMS black but I’m sure they are using much better equipment and probably a better solvent. It just cuts the amount you need to take by a good bit, I wish I could get all the little crystals to show up on camera. This batch turned out different then most my other extracts, I don’t know if it’s the brand or if it’s the fact this stuff been sitting around open for a couple years…one thing I did forget to do which might have made the extract more green is freeze the iso before extracting, frozen iso dosent pick up much chlorophyll

How much kratom was used and how much extract resulted, essentially I'm asking what the theoretical strength you came out with?

Have you considered a quick wash to remove the chlorophyll?

Did you an acidifying agent (ie citric acid or vinegar)? In past extraction projects, a bit of citric acid goes a long way towards alkaloid extraction.

Why iPOH instead of EtOH?

Sorry for al the questions but I really want to stop twice daily toss and wash.

BDCBB3EB-D15B-4D85-AA4F-EC86973AE2E2.jpeg

46BB99EA-E0A5-4B05-AAC3-D6E18B4CEAA5.jpeg

E0AC981D-F434-4D3B-BD0D-96761D49F331.jpeg

Finally had time to scrape up the extract this morning, it turned out a lot greener this time, I don’t know if it’s cause the material is really old or if it’s cause it’s a different brand/strain than I usually extract or if it’s cause of the 99% iso instead of the 70%, maybe the 70% bulls more clorophyll , either way it still is real shiny with little crystals that I can’t seem to pick up on camera, has that typical bitter taste. If enough people are interested in refining it further I’ll post that up too
I am interested 🙃

I've done straight IPOH extractions myself and I wasn't impressed, I don't know much about chemistry but there is definitely something that doesn't translate over with this extraction process. Also it would be better to use 70% everclear for this, not only because it's a food grade product but also because the 30% water plays a greater role in the extraction than you would think. Also, like Anonymous D said, a bit of citric acid goes a long way, ive never tried an extraction with it but I know it works well from plenty of experience making kratom tea.

I think if it was this easy then high quality extract products like OPMS would be more common, or at least we would hear about more people doing it and having success.

Will definitely try this (and report), thanks for sharing!
Would you say the extract has the strength expected based off the used material or is there some loss?

@Las Veghost grower how did this extract end up being?

Have you improved your extract teks or have any recommendations?

I'm sitting on a bunch of weak powder that I'd like to extract to make it bearable.

I’m interested. I’ve got bunches and bunches of loose powder that I never use (Viable sends a sample with every order, and I hate the taste and will only use capsules. But I save these for an “in case of emergency” situation.) I would love to try to make kratom edibles like the cookies I have here but for that I need extract not plain leaf

@Las Veghost grower how did this extract end up being?

Have you improved your extract teks or have any recommendations?

I'm sitting on a bunch of weak powder that I'd like to extract to make it bearable.
Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to mess with kratom in a while , but I would say your best bet is to start with a 70% isopropyl extract, let it sit and soak in the iso for a while, then filter it off into a Pyrex, letting it evaporate off without heat seems to be better, when all the iso is evaporated off pour off the sludgy water (MIT is not very soluable in water) , you’ll have a very nice extract that you can very clearly see little crystals in

I've found tea to be closer to an extract in effect than toss and wash. Toss and wash or capsules will always be more frugal and effective, but the tea feels cleaner and less nausea. That's at the cost of some product, though.

I wonder if alcohol is a more selective solvent than water.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I personally just make a tea when I want a stronger Kratom. Throw in as much powder as you want, some citric acid, and simmer for about 15 - 30 mins. Strain and drink.

It gets blasted just like the extracts and IMO feels better like a cleaner high.

i’ve actually found OP’s method to be the most efficient / successful of all i’ve tried thus far. prior to this had done acidic hot water, “red bubble” method heated in a double boiler for an hour, basically every possible take on hot water and acidic conditions. finally last week just tried soaking 100grams in 91% iso, nothing else, stirred for 20mins on a double boiler over medium heat (the sludge never got hotter than “luke warm” i’d say), strained it with a sock into Pyrex baking dish (same one OP is using), let it dry out in the sun with a fan blowing on it which took about 90mins, and it was done. potency was pretty much exactly 10x. looked exactly like OP’s lots of shiny crystals which didn’t show up very well on camera. the 10x is my own guesstimation, i was taking 5grams of the powder to get desired effect and 500mg of the extract got me the same effect. and the whole process took about 2 hours, 90mins of which was drying. definitely going to continue with this method. may try methanol next time as i know for sure this stuff evaporated completely, wasn’t even the slightest hint of alcohol taste to it, and methanol seems to be commonly used in a lot of research papers i’ve skimmed through.

Last edited:
ive not tried this before. after reading thru it seems the results for similar methods vary massively. lv grower reckons its about 3:1 strength i take it when he says teapoon to tablesppon. fftb reckons upto 10x the strength. obviously taking less material is better for the body but im also curious how much u start and finish with if ure getting 3:1 or even 10:1 strengths.?

also i see a comment saying kratom isnt water soluble does this mean the tea only really takes affect by dissolving in the stomach and is basically same as toss and wash ?

cheers guys informative post.

How much powder and alcohol did you use for this extraction, OP? I’ve been trying to find a good extract recipe and I think I’m gonna try this one