• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to make a pipe/bong out of household materials?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I don't have a pipe or bong so i normally smoke out of water bottles with sockets(ratchets) but i left mine at my friends house. I don't have any blunt wraps or joint paper either. I dont like using apple pipes because they're really weak, it's just a waste of weed. anyone know another way to smoke?

You know those things that stop you from slamming a door into a wall, that are made out of a spring? Those can work as a bowl/stem if they're the right size.

- a pen that twists apart from itself to form a tube
- aluminum foil

use your imagination

Aside from everyone trying to show their creative side you should be able to make a pipe out of almost anything. My favorite method for when I am in a jam is a paper tube steam roller from paper towels or bathroom tissue rolls. Basically you just cut an opening in the top of the tube and put aluminum foil over the hole and put little holes in it.

I find making a steam rolling makes for a better complete suction and thus a better hit.

Get a paper towel roll. Make a foilie. Cut a tiny hole in the roll. Stick foilie in there. Boom mini bong.

Grind up your bud into a fine powder and place it on tinfoil; heating it from the bottom and catching the smoke with a tube/straw (careful not to suck up the weed/ashes/ember!)

Make a lightbulb vape/pipe (works in the same fashion, heating through a thin layer of heat conductive material) (also don't be fooled by the name; while you can tediously manage to heat up your green just enough to vaporize, more often than not it ends up tasting terrible.. If I were in a bind, I would use this as a last resort, and likely not waste time avoiding combustion.. It will still taste terrible but it's less of a buzzkill to get huge bad tasting rips that mess you up instead of tiny ones that taste just as bad an don't feel fully potent.)

So you have no socket bits at all? Bummer. That gets rid of a huge amount of potential ideas for home made smoking accessories

My favorite is simply an aluminum foil tube folded near one end to form a bowl

It's white trash as fuck and I love it, and it's not as wasteful as a pop can

Do you have an apple?

Apples are my favorite improvised pipe/smoke rig. All you need is an apple, a pencil/pen, weed and a lighter. Youtube can probably explain better than I can here, but basically you will use the pencil/pen to poke all the way through the side of the apple, then remove the stem and push until the tip of the pencil connects to hole you pushed through the side.

You could try hot kniving as well, but that usually works best with hash.

All the other methods mentioned work as well, I prefer the apple though because it doesn't leach any metalic/plastic taste onto the bud. I've seen my buddy eat the apple after we finished smoking a bowl too.. so no waste if you are down for it...