• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to make a dissociative trip pleasant? (DXM)

duncandonuts

Greenlighter
I plan to try to DXM for the first and last time very soon. I have researched this drug for some time and have learned a few important facts about dissociatives. They are mood amplifiers, meaning they boost what ever mood your in. They rarely cause euphoria, so this should not be expected and will a pleasant surprise if it does. The trips are not usually pleasant, (which is the one that comes most to my attention) and lastly, sometimes they cause blackouts. I wish to try this and have a pleasant times. Also, I don't want to alert anyone at home, as I will be doing this at night after everyone has gone to bed. Is there anyway to make these trips more pleasant and cause euphoria? Thanks. =D

Sit in the dark and listen to music. You really dont sound so convinced you want to try this. Its all about your mindset.

Sit in the dark and listen to music. You really dont sound so convinced you want to try this. Its all about your mindset.
I want to try it, I just was worried about the side effects. Are blackouts common? Is it true that music induces euphoria with this drug? Is there any plateau you recommend for the first time? I already know I am not enzyme deficient since I have taken it for colds before. And if I keep a good mindset, will things generally stay calm? Thanks! =D

Ive only had one blackout on DXM but before it happened was the most interesting DXM experience Ive had. I already find DXM pretty euphoric but I enjoy how it warps the sound of music so I guess, yeah it adds to it. I would say second plateau would be ideal but those distinctions between each plateau is subjective. It can get a bit wacky even if calm but its pretty manageable imho.

First and last time? That's stupid because i recommend a lower-moderate dosage, 2nd plateau. But if this is the your first and 'last' dissociative experience i suggest aiming higher. If euphoria was rarely experienced there wouldn't be so many dissociative fiends. Music euphoria is guaranteed in my experience. Death metal seems suiting in my experience although i suggest light hearted music, and an anti-histamine, you really don't want that itch.

They are mood amplifiers, meaning they boost what ever mood your in.

To a degree, some do, but I would say no more than traditional psychs, just in a different manor. Ketamine I find quite emotionally numb, as opposed to mxe which is quite emotional.

They rarely cause euphoria, so this should not be expected and will a pleasant surprise if it does.

I disagree, mxe and the x-meo series do for me. It's not the same kind of euphoria as traditional psychs though.

The trips are not usually pleasant, (which is the one that comes most to my attention)

I hugely disagree, but they probably have a higher tendency to turn sour than other drugs.

sometimes they cause blackouts.

Mostly at high dose, or with poly use. Dissociative's and alcohol or benzo's can rapidly cause amnesia.

I have a lot of experience with dissociative's - except dxm which I've tried twice. I use dxm tablets, the first time I dosed small every 15 minutes. This was pleasant but an very light but drawn out experience.

The second time I dosed a single higher dose, this was pleasant but didn't produce much of an experience, although I did enjoy it. I concluded that I personally didn't want to push the doses higher and higher and therefore ceased with DXM.

Just my $0.02

Consume 1-2 gram of grinded ginger, a powerful 5-ht3a antagonist. Does much to reduce nausea.