View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to know if i have post traumatic stress disorder after bad trip

nalvan

Greenlighter
So yeah, some might know already from a thread i did, in wich i explained i was suffering from anxiety (its been two months now) after abusing nbome. I didnt overdose, but i left little time between each trip (one week between each one). The first time i did half and mixed it with weed and alcohol, then the next weekend i did a quarter mixed with weed, the other weekend i did another quarter, again the other weekend i did a quarter and finally the last weekend another quarter and like the half of another quarter. I believe it was the second trip when i have a bad one. The first reason why i believe i had a bad trip is because my best friend came with us and we had argued before so it was quite akward. The other reason and i believe the main one, is that we decided to go to a bar, and in my country the streets at night are very dangerous. Like 1 block behind us there was this fat dude, he was walking in the same direction than us, of course i believed we were being chased. Besides that a homeless man that looked like a typical argentinian thief asked us for some weed, so i got really scared that we might get robbed. When we finally arribed to the bus stop the fat dude was there, of course he was just walking there to take the bus, but i was convinced we were being chased. Long story short i had to go home and i keep on panicking there. I was really close of going to the hospital to tell them how i was feeling because i was sure i was about to have a hearth attack. I also considered in waking up my parents. I didnt. Eventually the panic attack dissapeared and i enjoyed the rest of the trip. The last time i triped i was in my house. I had a panic attack right in the middle of it, could handle it tho. Since then i havent consumed nothing else not even weed or alcohol. Well i have been anxious since i last tripped. Last two weeks i feel like i improved, the thoughts that used to start my anxiety are no longer doing them, from time to time i still feel anxious and some of the symptoms never left like waiking up really early in the morning or several times. The fast hearthbeats, back pain, etc. I was wondering if i could be traumatized by the bad trip, but i dont really get anxiety when i think of it or get any flashbacks or stuff like that, so i dont really think so. if someone have any idea of what happened, if this is permanent or not, or how much could things like this last it would be great to know. I read thread of people feeling anxious or depressed after using mdma, lsd and drugs like that but for some people it only lasted two weeks or a month, and this is my second month with anxiety. Thanks for reading!!

ps: i use the term "trip" but i dont really know if i tripped, i dont much experience with psychedelics. Since i only had a half or a quarter (depending on the day) i would say i had like a spiritual thing going on, i was just listening to music and looking videos in the computer like a retard. I didnt had any visuals, i mean everything feel weird and funny but the "best" visuals i got was when i was looking at the curtain moving because of the wind i kind of felt like the walls were moving just a little bit, not much tho, and i could see patterns in random stuff, but nothing too crazy, i didnt imagined the fat guy or the homeless dude, they were actually there :p .

could i posibly have substance induced anxiety disorder?

and btw which is the half-life of nbomes (they have amphetamins right?)

could i posibly have substance induced anxiety disorder?

and btw which is the half-life of nbomes (they have amphetamins right?)

It's possible, as is anything.... The HL is only a few hours though.

im wondering because i dont know if you have to have a long history in drugs to have this. I dont have a big history on drugs, but my anxiety started after my first panic attack during a bad trip on nbomes, so it started when i tripped on that shit.

I don't think so. I believe you should continue not using it and avoiding alcohol and weed and see how you are doing on the following days. As you describe you are already getting better but still have few symptoms.
It seems you have used too much and were not really experienced no matter how much you used -- I say you've tripped in you own ways. The auto diagnosis seems a bit accurate to trips without so much visuals.

It's normal to feel anxious and concerned about your recent experiences. And that's good as you can see how drug histories are like.
Considering the amounts, the lack of experience and how often you've use and also combined with alcohol/weeds, I think you could also be feeling anxious due to your concerns. See how you do in these next days and keep us posted.

If your anxiety levels are too intense for you, consider seeking for medical advice, or talking to your parents or someone close to you. Hope you feel better.

I don't think so. I believe you should continue not using it and avoiding alcohol and weed and see how you are doing on the following days. As you describe you are already getting better but still have few symptoms.
It seems you have used too much and were not really experienced no matter how much you used -- I say you've tripped in you own ways. The auto diagnosis seems a bit accurate to trips without so much visuals.

It's normal to feel anxious and concerned about your recent experiences. And that's good as you can see how drug histories are like.
Considering the amounts, the lack of experience and how often you've use and also combined with alcohol/weeds, I think you could also be feeling anxious due to your concerns. See how you do in these next days and keep us posted.

If your anxiety levels are too intense for you, consider seeking for medical advice, or talking to your parents or someone close to you. Hope you feel better.
This. The ocassional hit of some good anxiolytic weed wouldn't be to bad and a beer every now and then isn't advisable. People will do anything to kill aniexty though, it's one of the worlds problems from back in the 70's when all you needed was aniexty or insomnia for some methylqualone or Valium....

my anxiety levels used to be really strong, thats why i talked to my best friends mom who is a psychiatrist, i did a magnetic resonance and my brain is just fine. I did a blood test and as we supposed my serotonina was low and my cortisol was high, but i didnt have the chance to talk to her to see how do i have to keep on going from this point. Right now tho, my anxiety is better, i still have it and i know it, but i can do all the stuff i used to do.

I once had a bad trip that might have caused PTSD. Everytime I told someone about this specific trip in detail, my body would starts to tremble involuntarily. This continued for years after the trip. I also was afraid to trip again and waited almost a year before trying again. I never felt comfortable to try high dosages again as I did before and I gained more respect for the power of these drugs. I did find a new way to enjoy them eventually.

I think the better question would be, do you really think you had PTSD to begin with? I'd gone through much abuse before psyches and there why I'm still here....

Exactly. My guess is that you are okay specially because you've done the brain resonance, spoken to the doctor plus the issues I have mentioned above.
Give it a break and try to relax, meditate. Exercise.

Last edited: