• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to keep a soda/opiate solution fresh?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I got some bottles from a friend of some codeine cough syrup and I just mixed it with a big 2 liter of soda and it feels okay but I don't think I can drink all the nasty ass soda to get high I don't really drink stuff with a lot of sugar like this. I think the only way I'm going to get high off it is if i pour another bottle in there so there's more codeine. Is there any way to keep this fresh so it's not going to be some nasty flat sugar goo in 2 days?

You can pour a little bit of vodka in it to stop it from growing any stuff, but other than that you are pretty much screwed. Not gonna ask why you did that but I have to wonder why people decide to delute their cough syrup in this way.

You can pour a little bit of vodka in it to stop it from growing any stuff, but other than that you are pretty much screwed. Not gonna ask why you did that but I have to wonder why people decide to delute their cough syrup in this way.
I have a low tolerance and it's usually not too bad but I didn't pour enough in there. It does seem better straight from the bottle though.

It's better to just take it straight, because then you can measure and know exactly how much you're taking. Maybe i'm in the minority here but I think it would be better to take a smaller amount of worse tasting liquid than a larger amount of slightly better tasting liquid. But it looks like you ended with the worst of both.

Generally the codeine cough syrup contains promethazine too, which is a strong sedating antihistamine. Personally I can't stand the combination because I get too tired to stay awake by the time I get any substantial opiate effect.

Adding some alcohol is the only way to prevent it from starting to grow nasty shit from bacteria and yeasts. I believe anything above about 14% will protect it from microbial growth. 20% would for sure do it. At that [point you'd be getting an alcohol effect too, though. So if you can either add more cough syrup to make it require less of the soda/alcohol volume to get the opiate effect, or you'll end up getting kinda drunk too.

Next time, I wouldn't mix it with soda. Or even better, just avoid "lean" and go with a quality opioid. ;)

Generally the codeine cough syrup contains promethazine too, which is a strong sedating antihistamine. Personally I can't stand the combination because I get too tired to stay awake by the time I get any substantial opiate effect.

Adding some alcohol is the only way to prevent it from starting to grow nasty shit from bacteria and yeasts. I believe anything above about 14% will protect it from microbial growth. 20% would for sure do it. At that [point you'd be getting an alcohol effect too, though. So if you can either add more cough syrup to make it require less of the soda/alcohol volume to get the opiate effect, or you'll end up getting kinda drunk too.

Next time, I wouldn't mix it with soda. Or even better, just avoid "lean" and go with a quality opioid. ;)
Yeah I just do it once in awhile but this isn't an american brand with prometh. Also it has 10mg/5ml so it's pretty strong for me anyways.

Oh okay, that's good I've ever seen it without promethazine, it would be way better without it despite it being really popular among American youths trying to emulate the music they listen to.I had a cold one time in college and had the idea to go to the doctor and say I was allergic to DXM cough syrup. I got prescribed a bottle of "ean" and was super excited to try it, got home, took enough to give me 30mg of codeine and the prometh knocked me right out. Couldn't stay awake to enjoy it, I was disappointed.