• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to increase morphine oral BA?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I'm sure most of us know on here that morphines oral bioavailability is rather low. (In the 30% range) i enjoy morphine alot but need 100mg or more for a strong high. I don't shoot or plug so that's out of the question. I'm just wondering if there's a way to increase the oral BA? If you know of any please share. Thank you.

From what I've read bioperine has some benefit in raising oral ba for varioua things. Not sure how helpful it would be but definitely worth a read into.

Well i looked that stuff up and it doesn't seem beneficial at least not for opiods..

As far as I'm aware Ovo, there's nothing readily available to us currently that would have a meaningful impact on Morphine's oral bioavailability. I've done some research over the years and have tried some things here and there. I wouldn't make this post if I though otherwise. I'm not saying I'm the be all, end all on the subject, just saying I've done my fair share of searching. Maybe someone else will have something for you though.

Thank you Keif i was hoping you'd respond, (with Better news though) lol. Hopefully someone does know of a method that will work!

Usually with opioids like hydro and oxy the tried-and-true method to increase the amount you get is to slow down the liver metabolism by inhibiting the P450 CYP enzymes (CYP3A4 specifically). Different people here swear by different methods, some like to use white grapefruit juice which contains a CYP3A4 inhibitor. I can't stand the way that stuff tastes so I usually use Tagamet (600 mg) which inhibits most of the CYPs to varying degrees. One thing I'll mention is that this method doesn't increase the bioavailability (which are pretty high for oxy/hydro), it just reduces how fast your body gets rid of it, so the effect will last longer.

The problem is that morphine gets metabolized by a different mechanism (called "glucoronidation") and so it won't be affected by CYP inhibitors. I'm not really aware of a way to stop this. One thing I would recommend is taking it with two or three Tums. This increases gastric emptying , which basically means it gets into your system faster. Rec use is all about getting it to the site of action FAST.

Plugging and IV'ing will bypass the liver so you get the full monty. I don't do those either. Plugging is just nasty and I hate needles

Last edited:
Weed. It potentiates everything, including opioids/opiates... although oral morphine is so fucking weak to me, that Idk if it would... but its worth a try if you like weed.. some don't smoke weed, so if not.. Idk of anything else that is safe to mix with it to potentiate it... Benzos do for sure, but not worth the risk.. mixing benzos and opiates, no matter how strong/weak they may be, is never a safe combination... I wouldn't advise it. The only opioid I find safe to mix with benzos, which isn't a full agonist, but is a partial agonist opioid, is buprenorphine.. I have been taking that combo for years, bupe and klonopin, and never once have I had any adverse effect from the two together.. I even take Adderall too, on top of them, and still... no adverse reaction.. I don't think morphine would be safe to mix with a benzo though... especially over 100mg of morphine.. Shit I took 500mg of morphine orally, with 4mg of klonopin once, and it still sucked lol.. so I don't know.. all I know is whenever I smoke weed with any opioid/opiate, including bupe... it gets me feeling wonderful!

Don't CYP inhibitors increase oral bioavailability though since you lose less from the first-pass metabolism? That portion would otherwise never have made it to the brain so it may be a bit stronger?