• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine how to help a friend addicted

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
A friend of mine is lost, he is already an addict (cocaine) but he has not figured out yet.

This guy is one of my best friends, like 15 years of a very close friendship. However, it was necessary a departure in our friendship due to the fact that I went to rehab (also cocaine) and I cannot be in touch with him anymore, because he is constantly using.

Yesterday, I came across him in a concert, shit, the guy was fucked up, totally drugged. Another friend ask him about drugs and he told that was only drinking and smoking weed (certainly not).

At first, just after my recovery and realizing that he was very close to the edge, we talked about this many times and I told him that he was abusing. It was pedantic of me, since we used to do lines together frequently, however, I kept talking with him about the subject. The results of my actions were that he has begun to hide his use, never assuming and not talking about it. Nevertheless, it is impossible to hide, namely because I was addicted as well and the doses are high. Summarizing, I am sure he is addicted.

The guy simple does not talk about this anymore and he is not accepting any help, pretending that everything is normal. Sad to see my dude going to the abyss and I am impotent because I cannot even stay close to him in order to be sober.

What can I do to help him?

I dont think you can. Its unfortunate but hes an adult. Like if you told me to stop taking amphetamine, caffeine , and nicotine id just either 1. Deny it even right infront of you with a pound of tobacco, chugging coffee, with amphetamine in my hand, and a wad of tobacco in my mouth. Or 2. Tell you to f*ck off and just walk away.