View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How To Have A Flashback

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I've heard all this stuff about how acid stays in your spine and all that anti-drug bullshit. Obviously, it's all bullshit, because all the stuff just gets metabolized within like a couple days at most. I've never had flashbacks, and I'm not sure I believe in them. However, if there was a way to suddenly trip balls without drugs, I would definitely be down. Of course, this is provided that it wouldn't be random....... rather deliberately induced at will. Like I wouldn't want to just be tripping at random times with no control over it. Like if you could just have the flashbacks when you were at home and then not have them when you're out or work or whatever, that'd be awesome =D Is there any way to make yourself have a flashback without taking drugs. I think it'd be really cool if there was a way to do that. If you know of anything other than sleep deprivation to trip without drugs, let me know. I'm really fascinated by the idea, and I think it's probably somehow theoretically possible. I've heard people say it is, but part of me really doesn't think it is possible.

Also, I might be interested in trying the staying up for days to trip thing...... just to see what it's like. Like if you just kept drinking coffee to stay up for like 3-4 days, you just start tripping your ass off after like the second day I've heard. Does that work? I'm just really fascinated by this stuff for some reason, and I hear that the native american shamans did it for their vision quests. Obviously, one could just take psychs. However, I have just gotten fascinated by the idea of this.

Well I think staying up for days to "trip" sounds no fun

They call it stimulant "psychosis".....I'd just as soon not end up in a state of psychosis

Sorry, but if there were an easy and pleasant way to do what you're asking, people would do it all the time.

Going for three days without sleep is bad for you. I'm a student, I've used caffeine and other stims to pull all-nighters before. It's not very trippy or fun.

Sleep deprivation is more like DPH than mushrooms or acid, it's not pleasant. I recommend smoking or making edibles out of a strong sativa and taking frequent tolerance breaks. I've gotten recalls from a lot of drugs on weed, and it helps me integrate my trips.

I'll put forward a somewhat different observation (in terms of its contents, but not the conclusion reached therefrom) as to the whole staying up to trip thing. I've done that once, inadvertently, by binging for a day and a half on methylone and mdma. I was not properly hydrated, had been up for almost 48 hours, and had been frequently insufflating substantial doses of 5ht2a releasors over a period of 24 hours. This combination, while thankfully not deleterious to my long term health, definitely made me experience hallucinatory effects that were the result of sleep deprivation. I could tell the hallucinations I were having were due to some short term defect of my body because of my condition at the time. They were certainly interesting effects. Every time I shifted my eyes from right to left, or vice versa, the image in my line of sight before making the shift would lag in its progression to the side to which I was swiping my eyes; the result was an almost shuddered, glitchy visual phenomenon wherin a residual of what I would look at would snap into place before I could see the new area I looked at when I shifted my field of view.

Another interesting effect was when I was laying down on my bed, approximately parallel from a hanging light halfway across the room from myself. I was looking at this hanging light fixture, with one eye open, and it suddenly snapped into place, right in front of my face. This light fixture that had just been hanging ~10 feet in front of me, was now suddenly 2 inches from my face, in vivid detail, inexplicably. And then I closed my eyes, opened them, and it was back to where it truly was. This happened repeatedly over the course of the night. Also, I was having an auditory hallucination where a voice in my head would instantaneously, perfectly harmonize (at least such that I could perceive, which could definitely be faulty) with any sound that was following a discernible melody. Other things happened which I can't even remember. My boyfriend told me that he saw ants crawling out of all of the faults in the surface in the room. Any crack, and there would be ants crawling out of it.

This is not to suggest that you should do this. I would highly suggest not doing it. While some of the side effects of being in such a state, such as the unique hallucinations, were novel, they don't really justify the slew of associated negatives; namely, the unpleasant physical side effects, as well as the crippling come down that followed. Also, I don't think I could achieve such strong hallucinations from simply being sleep deprived; I think that being on the tail end of a stimulant binge was kind of a precursor to getting to that state. Which should tell you how positive of an experience that is overall.

Last edited:
Almost every time I smoke good weed I have "flashbacks" to mushroom trips, nothing scary or anything, kinda cool.

When people speak of flashbacks from taking psychedelics, what they are really referring to is a type of PTSD. Flashbacks really only occur in people who have had a very frightening and profound experience. This has nothing to do with residual drug in the system, or even endogenous production of hallucinogens. They comeabout often when something triggers the effect, when something reminds them or causes them to relive the fear they experienced while tripping. In this way it has more to do with shell shock than tripping on your favorite psychedelic and does not sound like a pleasurable experience.

i used to stay up for days for fun, some people enjoy it, though i HATE diphendramine, sleep deprivation is a different feeling, or more of a lack of feeling for me, i just hallucinate, theres no way of knowing after 3 days if the hallucinations are real or not though, and this led me to smash my interent box to pieces once

THE ONLY WAY i have ever enjoyed it, is by taking amphetamines and benzos with it, amphetamines so i dont feel like im about to drop from lack of sleep, and benzos so i dont attack people (they kept me docile if i did have a breakdown) and so i dont completely freak the fuck out when the wall is melting and every pictures alive and shadows peel off the wall turn into my brother walk towards me and disapear as they come close

it takes 18 hours of being awake for me personally to have slight constant hallucinations

i have a lot of mental problems, so this may not be possible for the average person