• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how to get switched from xanax to valium

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Ive been taking about 4-6mgs of xanax a day prescribed 4mg. Im just wondering how to get switched from xanax and valium by my doctor. What I should say.. ? Idk im just confused and need to get off this shit. Please help

Dependence is an issue so just be honest and tell him you want to stop using Xanax. How long have you been on Xanax? If you are interested in tapering, look up the Ashton Method. Sounds like a good plan to me. I will leave this open for now so maybe others can share their experiences.

Is there a particular reason why you want your doctor to switch you to diazepam?

Assuming you have a valid reason, you only need to tell your doctor that you want to switch for X reason. If you're worried about getting flagged for drug seeking behavior, I find that very unlikely since diazepam is generally considered less addictive/abusable than xanax, albeit only slightly.

Yeah like the others already said here , it's a bit a odd switch and it is never smart to switch from benzos without talking about it with your doctor.
Succes!

I agree with T. on this one. My advive would be to maybe bring some literature to the appointment, like the Ashton Manual, which is available online. There are options for people in your situation. Diazepam (Valium) is an option, but there's also longer-acting Benzodiazepines like Clorazepate (Tranxene) and Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) that could be more appropriate.