• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get rid of opioid itch without falling asleep from antihistamine

Alien47

Bluelighter
Everytime I take oxys I get itchy now when I first started using and the itch came along I took some Benadryl and no problem itch all gone but now sense my tolerance is up and i take a lot more oxy when I take the Benadryl to take away the itch the Benadryl knocks me the fuck out puts me right to sleep now my question is are there other medications that would relieve the itch but wouldn't interact with the oxy and make me pass out because I love taking the oxy obviously but the itch is so bad and the only way I know how to relieve it is with Benadryl but it puts me to sleep would something like clearitin clear or psudophedrin or psudophedrin'PE (the over the counter psudo) or any of the none drowsy antihistamines get rid of the itch without making me fall asleep or a different medicine entirely like who knows alieve idk something? Thanks for the help also does anyone know why oxy makes your nose itch more then any part of your body I hear a lot of ppl having there nose itch way more then anywhere else

Unless your tolerant, that Hydroxyzine will kytfo with opiates. I only care for two stimulants, amphetamines and caffeine. Mixing either of these substances w/ an antihistamine of some sort, could be potentially dangerous. I would go with a mild/low dose stimulant and Hydroxyzine or try a non drowsy antihistamine like Claritin.

I dunno about you but I miss the itchin' an' a scratchin' from heroin and other opioids, fuckin love it jeeze

I support RaizdByWolvz. Itching is part of taking opiats, don't fight it. After all, taking one thing to achieve an effect and then taking another thing to avoid some side effect is a spiral without end. The side effects of antihistamine, as you say, is that you fall a sleep so to counter this you take a stimulant. But now, when you want to sleep you can't due to the stimulants, so you take some benzodiazepines. And boom, you have a very dangerous mix and a never-ending spiral.

I know the example is a little extreme, but if you don't like the itching from opiates then don't take opiats - problem solved :)

Try using a non-drowsy antihistamine. There are a lot of them out there and most of them can be bought cheaply as generics at places like Wal-Mart.

Try using a non-drowsy antihistamine. There are a lot of them out there and most of them can be bought cheaply as generics at places like Wal-Mart.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. There are several non-drowsy antihistamine's you can get cheap and over the counter. I'd try those out if you really can't stand the itching.

When I take opiates I always take a 10mg Loratadine also sold as Claritin OTC. It's a Non-Drowsy Antihistamine.

I usually took 2 benadryl and some caffeine I'm not a regular coffee drinker so the caffeine really works for me

^Right and as a matter of fact, the product Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) is the chemical equivalent of both Diphenhydramine and 8-Chlorotheophylline, the latter of which is a stimulant similar to caffeine. We were just mentioning it in another thread the other day, but it was one of the original non-drowsy antihistamines even if it's just by rudimentarily attaching a stimulant to the antihistamine.

Dramamine with the added Xanthine derivative actually balances out quite nicely but if your looking for a little extra kick Loratadine with Pseudoephedrine can mitigate not only itching but the after peak drowsiness that sometimes accompanies Oxy.