• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How to fix your dopamine levels after depleted by Stimulants.

if you have a good diet, dopamine should build back up in a few days or so, but the receptor densities will take longer to regulate depending on how upregulated / downregulated they have become. i find that taking bacopa and oxiracetam speed up this process a bit. bacopa is kind of doing the reverse process that stimulants do on the dopamine receptors but in a subtle way. oxiracetam seems to just trigger your brain to do its natural regulation processes faster or something. taking both everyday for a few weeks seems to make a noticeable difference compared to just waiting a few weeks. oh, and myo-inositol is good for the serotonin receptors and slightly helps dopamine as well. l-theanine and magnesium can't hurt either

PEA is TAAR1- and VMAT2-agonist like alphamethylPEA (amph). Does basically the same thing but differently. It is kind of a hit or miss what Ive read. Some won't get much of it, some do.

Using it should increase your amph-tolerance.

The answer to this is simple. Lose the idea of taking all these fancy supplements. The ones youre already taking look fine. I'd just take a multivitamin myself.

You want your vitamins and minerals to come from healthy food choices. Then you want to get some exercise. Get a reasonable amount of sleep and set an alarm so you're not going overboard.

If you don't have much fulfillment socially, try utilizing the friends and social opportunities you have to gain more of them. There's all sorts of places and clubs online you can join as well through apps, websites, and social media like Facebook groups. Bluelight included. There's a whole social section of the forums here and a discord.

It's important to have hobbies too. If you have any, keep it up. And if you are lacking, see what you can get into that'd make you happy. You do not need to be good at your hobbies to enjoy them. Fulfillment here is mind over matter.

This whole subject of dopamine levels and happiness levels and stuff is mind over matter. The levels you have today are what you have. Always. Your perceived happiness is truly just in the basics. I wouldn't bother with all the deep level nootropic stuff. I'd just pick up my guitar and call a friend any day rather than worry about that.

This whole subject of dopamine levels and happiness levels and stuff is mind over matter. The levels you have today are what you have. Always. Your perceived happiness is truly just in the basics. I wouldn't bother with all the deep level nootropic stuff. I'd just pick up my guitar and call a friend any day rather than worry about that.

Wonderful advice.

UH I have become somewhat extremely addicted to well what I am doing now LOL and did some quality rock and this RC makes that like 1990's Camry compared to Brand new 2022 Camry. Yeah and smokable but not same beast that old Ready is or was. And it has no real after effects. It wakes your ass up in 1/100th of second. But it is a Key and so is Coke or Ready . Plus I really should be ashamed having actually cleaned up in a way I am not going to advertise and saved my life literally long ago after Doctor in Hospital looked at me with anger and stated : Nothing we can do for you and have no Dialysis machine here; so long story short I knew major old Body Builder secret & I know it's still used By big pros today. But to get back to things I have mentioned for STIM users and perhaps heavy Rollers yeah it's like same thing for Muscles and building them up. Same goes for Brain chems ,( Dopamine, Serotonin; Nor Epinephrine , other brain parts) ...total replenishment and feeding the fire. It's basic science and literally in WIKA online. Rest is (Just Google) specific Foods that create it in your body and transfer to our brains. Does it work 100% - I have done without and fell out a t 4pm did it and fueled and stayed up 2 days like some Meth Head and NO bad effects other than gonna have urge to eat specific and Sleep allot to let body do it's thing. Now energy that's really based on how your body synthesizes sugars and how your Brain as well as muscles work in conjunction with each other. Man I can tell you most bad rap back in 1990's of company that should have just stuck to creating Protein Powder and left the supplement kit out of sales. Cybergenics was the most energetic muscle protein sold in Blue 3 or 4 gallon Plastic bucket. That was like best energy and best tasting supplement ever for me. I think it had everything in it back then. I took it once when doing real deal Molly and damn I thought I was going to fly off ground like Superman Man of steel never so charged up in my life. I was 25 back then and guess it was the right mix for me. Just try different combos is all I can say that seem to charge you up right. Me it's still Damned expensive body builder shakes and eating loads of T-bone Steaks. That's damned expensive today. Good luck oh music of course charges me up too maybe vibes feel good to my spirit soul or motivates me . Best advise I can give good luck 👍
Yeah I found out it is more likely I have chronic fatigue syndrome which actually explains like all my symptoms. And that my dopamine levels might not be as bad as I thought and it might just be the vyvanse. I have tolerance issues and personality changes from vy.

But, if I'm chronically fatigued that means there is definitely a problem with the way my body synergies things and creates energy. I definitely notice a big difference when I take l-tyrosine, coQ10, panax Ginseng and sabroxy. Going to try adding NADH as well.

I feel like sabroxy/oroxylin A is my ticket to finding an all natural way to get off Pharmaceuticals which is my end goal to switch to all natural supplement ls or herbs.

Also realizing that vyvanse is an issue for me and much too strong so I'm looking into rc s similar to ritalin bc I never had the problems with Ritalin that I'm having with vyvanse. And then hopefully the rc research will help me to find something I can use in the meantime. Till I can find oroxylin a in pure form or the phenoxyflavone version which really seems promising.

Made it down to 4mg of sub with kratom so I believe if i try hard enough I could switch to all natural supplements in 6 months for sub and vyvanse.

Ask your doctor to check your thyroid , it can also be issue , why you feeling sluggish .

Last edited:
How the hell you guys finding suboxone doctors willing to write scripts for benzos & stimulants? lol
I was in an addiction treatment centre which had the policy of giving people what they need/want as part of a harm reduction strategy. They gave me opioids, benzos, stimulants, yet no memantine (because off label, were afraid of consequences). But I agree to that this sort of place is rare. Heard more bad than good stuff about docs for sure.

I was in an addiction treatment centre which had the policy of giving people what they need/want as part of a harm reduction strategy. They gave me opioids, benzos, stimulants, yet no memantine (because off label, were afraid of consequences). But I agree to that this sort of place is rare. Heard more bad than good stuff about docs for sure.
Was this in the US?
It took me like 2 years to get my suboxone doctor to finally trust me enough to have a benzo script.
Wanted to try out a stimulant, to which they said they would let me try modafanil but that was it. And of course my insurance wouldn't cover it without a sleep disorder diagnosis. So I even went & got a sleep study done, which came back fine, so of course I could forget about the modafanil after that.
I ended up trying modafanil anyway from a friend & it was definitely good for helping me stay awake, but I noticed it had a bit of a detached & emotional blunting effect that I didn't particularly enjoy. Very little, if any, euphoria or sense of well being.

I tried to get into the new ketamine treatment center that opened up here, but they don't take anything but private insurance & their website said they like to take people off benzos.
So I'm basically at my limit with the US's health care system. It's a giant cesspool of incompetence & corruption. No power to the patient whatsoever.

Was this in the US?
Nope, never was to the US yet but I'd definitely like to, I like travelling anyways but currently lack the money to and future doesn't look too bright.
Was in Switzerland, my country of origin ... and there, in Zurich. They had a huge, messy open drug scene in the 80s, first let the people be, then raided the place and finally settled to a policy of easy available treatment. Anything they wanted for me to get morphine was a positive urine sample, never had to prove anything else. They conducted an ADHD examination and as a result gave me stims (but also give them to some cocaine users, they openly asked me if I ever did coke and if how I reacted to it). Is a good place to get your meds, and a shitty place for therapy. But even in the neighboring region St. Gallen I met people who had to pick their morphine maintenance up every day even on holidays.

Yeah, I guess the situation in the US sucks. We have a differenciation between normal and private insurance as well but it's not that bad, yet recently they cracked down on people staying too long in a ward and put on a limit of 5-8 weeks inpatient time which helps nobody as these kept against their will aren't touched by this regulation.
Read about ketamine infusions costing more than 1000$ per week... that's absolutely crazy. I see how money reigns in the US even more than in most countries, maybe.

Modafinil is shit, it's like a strong coffee with longer duration even though some people do report a mood lift during the first day. Really unfortunate that your doc doesn't seem to want to prescribe Adderall or Vyvanse. Did you ever think about having AD(H)D?

Nope, never was to the US yet but I'd definitely like to, I like travelling anyways but currently lack the money to and future doesn't look too bright.
Was in Switzerland, my country of origin ... and there, in Zurich. They had a huge, messy open drug scene in the 80s, first let the people be, then raided the place and finally settled to a policy of easy available treatment. Anything they wanted for me to get morphine was a positive urine sample, never had to prove anything else. They conducted an ADHD examination and as a result gave me stims (but also give them to some cocaine users, they openly asked me if I ever did coke and if how I reacted to it). Is a good place to get your meds, and a shitty place for therapy. But even in the neighboring region St. Gallen I met people who had to pick their morphine maintenance up every day even on holidays.

Yeah, I guess the situation in the US sucks. We have a differenciation between normal and private insurance as well but it's not that bad, yet recently they cracked down on people staying too long in a ward and put on a limit of 5-8 weeks inpatient time which helps nobody as these kept against their will aren't touched by this regulation.
Read about ketamine infusions costing more than 1000$ per week... that's absolutely crazy. I see how money reigns in the US even more than in most countries, maybe.

Modafinil is shit, it's like a strong coffee with longer duration even though some people do report a mood lift during the first day. Really unfortunate that your doc doesn't seem to want to prescribe Adderall or Vyvanse. Did you ever think about having AD(H)D?
Aaah yeah that makes sense.
I think they even give people diacetylmorphine in Switzerland now, right?
Shit I would love to move there, if I could afford it. Plus I'd have no idea where to go or what to do once I'd get there anyway. lol
I see some acceptance of letting people decide for themselves popping up in places like BC, Canada & Portland here in the US.
But these places are hundreds of miles away from me & just picking up & going there is probably impossible.
I see it as progress, but not much. Still not enough action being taken right now by anyone that i'm aware of to stop this madness.

I'm gonna ask my new psychiatrist to give me some ADHD testing if they're willing.
When I was a teenager, I was constantly daydreaming in all my classes & took straight F's in basically everything, except for art & science and stuff I actually enjoyed doing. How my mom didn't see this as a problem from 7-10th grade (with me repeating 8th grade twice due to all the F's) and get me some help, I have no idea.
I had trouble paying attention to teachers & reading books and stuff. Although I wouldn't say I had an issue with sitting still or anything like that. I got my license & then said fuck this & dropped out in 10th grade.

Was it ADHD? I dunno. I hated my school & a lot of the people there (got bullied pretty bad because I came out as gay in 7th grade & was a weirdo who wore crazy band shirts & weird accessories/hair) & was already struggling with depression & anxiety pretty bad by this point. It's carried over into my adult hood as well, but in different ways (and in some ways more profound). But what exactly is causing it & has caused it is always up for debate. I've never been properly tested. I do find that stimulants can ease my anxiety some times, depending on what it is & if I go overboard with it or not. A light dose of regular amphetamine or adderall could probably do wonders for me. Finding a doctor that is willing to let me try that, while also keeping my subs & benzos is gonna be a real challenge though.
I some times wonder if I could even be slightly on the atypical autism spectrum. But hell, I could go through probably every psychiatric illness there is & relate to some of the symptoms in some form or another.

Is there a type of ADHD/ADD that just presents itself as an attention issue rather than the "hyperactive kid" scenario I always hear about?
I do find that now as an adult, I cannot stand or sit in one spot now without having to sway back n forth or shake my legs furiously. But some of that is anxiety & the physical sensation of standing making me uncomfortable & spastic.

Last edited:
You are taking good supplements but i advice u to temporarily stop using dopamine releasers and use dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, for example, modvigil (just try to find legit modafinil), low dose of methylphenidate or even tramadol, which is quite underrated serotonine, noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor and its metabolite O-DSMT binds to opiate receptors, which raise your dopamine levels. Amphetamines like adderal, methamphetamines, vyvanse mostly work by using your biologicaly produced dopamine and it seems like you will do múch better on reuptake inhibitors.