• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to Efficiently Increase Adderall Dose as you Gain Tolerance???

well now i can't tell if I'm coming down off of it or I'm still high.. such a weird feeling, I'm so emotional and so angry at everything.. i still feel my heart pumping, i have no appetite, i can't sleep too much, I'm so nauseous & my head hurts, and i get these moments where i feel so depressed
its like a mixture of coming down yet still stimulated.. which sucks! comedowns i don't think are normally too bad for me because i just sleep it off but i can't this time and i have no benzos or anything (not that i needed those before...) its been 12+ hours since my last IR dose... i actually don't even remember how much I've taken in the past few days.. as soon as id get tired or feel unfocused, id pop half a pill, probably went through 60+ since sunday
i am ready to get back to normal i just wish i could settle down :( if i could sleep i wouldn't have to deal with this swings between sadness & anger

That's a comedown for you. Absolutely God awful. How are you doing now?

from what i have read, you shuld look into chelate forms of magnesium (glyine 80% BA net best is under the carbonate form 30%BA approx)... nearly all people who (ab)use stimulants are highly deficiant in magnesium, it could also potentially reduce the dose of stimulant dose needed to achieve a "same" effect i think..

And appliable to the adderall (beng an amphetamine, unlike Ritalin) i would look into DXM (dextromethorphan the otc cough pills/syrup) to reduce or "reverse" amphetamine tolerance, or so i have understood from my little research ....

from what i have read, you shuld look into chelate forms of magnesium (glyine 80% BA net best is under the carbonate form 30%BA approx)... nearly all people who (ab)use stimulants are highly deficiant in magnesium, it could also potentially reduce the dose of stimulant dose needed to achieve a "same" effect i think..

And appliable to the adderall (beng an amphetamine, unlike Ritalin) i would look into DXM (dextromethorphan the otc cough pills/syrup) to reduce or "reverse" amphetamine tolerance, or so i have understood from my little research ....

yea, somebody above recommended that and quickly retracted his advice... i always hated DXM because i hate hallucinating and i was told mixing cough medicine and stimulants are a really bad idea :S

ill look into the magnesium though, thanks!

well i slept for like days... im ok now that i took a little bit more :( ughhhh i swore i wouldn't... i think I'm turning into an addict :S
i was so emotional!!!! so sad, so angry, kinda happy, really angry, and so on...
not to mention... i lost so much weight on them, i had to keep it up... but man i really sound like an addict right now... i was just so emotional!! and the thing is... i was diagnosed bipolar so i know emotional!! lol but this was like mood swing every 20 minutes... too much too handle... ughhh

Hey, man. You're okay. You're just panicking. The biggest problem with the combination is the elevation in heart rate from both substances, and given your dosages, assuming you don't have a preexisting heart condition, you shouldn't worry about it. Especially considering that they're both wearing off.

If you had serotonin syndrome, you would know by now. Adderall's serotogenic properties are pretty minuscule. (Doesn't mean the combination is safe and SS isn't a risk, or doesn't happen) but it would a rare happening, and panicking over it isn't worth the trouble.

I'm not too familiar with lyrica, so I shan't say if it is or is not okay, but I wouldn't take it. Just because you don't know how you'll react.

Hope all is gong okay man. Just try to lay down, relax, take deep breaths, and try to take your mind off of it. If you have any benzos, it would be safe to take a low dose to calm you down + negate a lot of the negative side effects of the comedown. Not too high though, wouldn't want to blackout. A longer acting benzo is preferable, that way you don't have to redose when it wears off. Shorter acting benzos will work just fine though.

Hang in there man, keep us updated.

EDIT: Try to eat something, drink some sports drinks or fruit juices (if nothing else, some water), and take some Vitamin C. It'll help get the amphet out of your system a bit faster.
thank you very much for your advice it hit me through it. I am sorry I can't say more now or in a better way but I'm in another catastrophe. took too much bromo dragonFLY and having a very difficult experience. but thank you

Adderall tolerance is a recalcitrant phenomenon. I can now take 150mg of Adderall and feel not that much, so I quit taking it. Switch to methamphetamine or propylhexedrine (OTC Benzedrex). These N-methylated stimulants have been found to raise tolerance much more slowly than with amphetamine.

I've been taking adderall for a year and now I can't feel nothing unless I start out taking at least 60 milligrams . My boyfriend is the complete opposite and thinks I'm going to kill myself . I've taken 150 milligrams in a 24 hour period. Tolerance is depressing