• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How to ease anxiety on XTC?

SmilexGwG

Bluelighter
Every time I pop any amount of X, or any other stimulant I go straight into a panic attack worrying, that things could go bad once the MDMA peaks.

Is there anyway to stop this anxiety from ruining my rolls? The panic is so intense, that once it starts I feel as though im about to die at any second. Its almost tramatizing.

I have no clue what triggered this anxiety, but any advice is appreciated.

(The XTC tablets I use are yellow, FC Barcelona presses. Likely adulterated with crystal.)

Other than taking other anxiolytic substances, meditation and breathing exercises always helped me a lot, both before taking it and during the come up. Don't forget set and setting as well.

Also it helps to test your pills, so it's not a guessing game on what you've just ingested.

My go to fix for relieving pre-roll nerves is booze. However, this isn't the best HR advice as I'm an alcoholic - but it works for me.

Having said that, when you've got good MDMA and it starts to kick in, all anxiety just melts away and you wonder what the fuck you were worried about in the first place...

Don't take adulterated pills. Test before you buy. Suppliers respond to market forces just like everyone else.

Set & setting are vital. I happen to enjoy the "nerves" on the come up... It's the same physiologically as eager anticipation. I use the time to make my final preparations for the evening. (I only roll at home.) To help others transition into the headspace, we'll sometimes play video games to focus on something else until the euphoria starts to kick in. Music based seems to work best for me. Probably dating myself here, but Rock Band or Amplify are amazing to get your soul ready to groove. Once I begin feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude to the universe and to the people who are around me for sharing in that experience, I know it's time to put it down and focus on my body and what the sacrament is offering to me that night.

Ritual also helps. I have a playlist that I use for induction into the experience. It's time tested and reminds me of the good times and helps usher my mind into the right space.

A quiet setting, maybe a cool breeze, and concentrating on breathing is what helps me.

I do this stuff by myself, and so there's nothing going on to distract me from the discomfort. I just try to relax, knowing it's a relatively short period. But I can get myself really worked up ahead of time thinking about it.

I like Klonopin and MDMA. I've done that a few times. I've heard Valium is good too.

Never alcohol. I always blackout if I drink when I roll.

More knowledge can help you feel more secure about your boundaries. Ideally you should be intellectually confident that you won't kill yourself. Geeking out on the neurotoxicity and safety guidelines could be a good idea.

Making sure you have an appropriate setting is good too. Maybe you have used it in hedonistic settings that feel dirty to you? Not everyone has to enjoy MDMA as a party drug.

Meth in your pills isn't ideal of course, but not a disaster per se.

I like having some alcohol before and during the roll, like some others. 3-4 normal drinks is alright. More begins to show as increased dehydration and comedown dysphoria.

More knowledge can help you feel more secure about your boundaries. Ideally you should be intellectually confident that you won't kill yourself. Geeking out on the neurotoxicity and safety guidelines could be a good idea.

Making sure you have an appropriate setting is good too. Maybe you have used it in hedonistic settings that feel dirty to you? Not everyone has to enjoy MDMA as a party drug.

Meth in your pills isn't ideal of course, but not a disaster per se.

I like having some alcohol before and during the roll, like some others. 3-4 normal drinks is alright. More begins to show as increased dehydration and comedown dysphoria.
Pharmacology/pharmacodynamics was fun to study for a few, however my anxiety doesnt stem from thinking this something might be wrong with this specific press. Its just once it hits my mind drifts to negative thoughts, and worry that nausea might be triggered.

These dont feel anything like meth, but still anything's possible with untested Xtc.