• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos how to differentiate benzo from opiate wd

xivixive

Bluelighter
ive had unlimited access to 2mg kpins for over a decade, yet never got hooked. maybe once a month i'd take one. they do nothing but put me to sleep so i didn't see the appeal.

started a nightshift and am subjected to drug testing, which doesnt test for benzos... and after one to many bad days, and having nothing else to rely on, feel i mightve slipped up in a bad way...

took 2mg kpin daily for about 3 weeks, then 1mg for about 6 weeks... then .5 for about 3 weeks... last week i tried .25 or less for about 5 days... yesterday had terrible aches, freezing cold, runny nose, sneezing, lethargy...

really just trying to not jump to conclusions that i caught the covid from my job. but i've been through opiate wd many times, currently hooked on kratom, and while the wd's are a beast i haven't been dosing that stuff lightly at all, typically 70g a day. so its not lack of kratom, though pretty much feels like it.

i did take 600mcg of bupe the day before, no naloxone in it, could that have maybe weakened the kratom, though i didnt feel squat from it?

so is benzo wd basically the same thing as opiate wd?

Benzo withdrawal acts on the GABA receptors of the brain, which basically control functions such as anxiety, nervousness, fear, tremors, sense of impending doom..

While opiate withdrawal could be considered similar to benzo withdrawal they are largely different.

Opiate withdrawal is much more flu like symptoms, cold sweats, shaking, restless legs, intense yawning, insomnia (same as benzo withdrawal)

While they share similarities they are vastly different.

after working through an excruciating shift, got home and took .25 kpin and went to sleep. woke up 2hrs later in what can only be described as classic opiate wd.... freezing, sweating, flopping around like a fish, yawning, sneezing, snotting, even diarrhea for the first time since starting kratom. so after multiple doses of kpin, kratom, clonidine, hydrocodone, xanaflex, and a beer about 45 mins later it subsided and i was back to normal.

so this sounds ridiculous, and maybe the scientifically knowledgable can chime in.... but i believe what happened was the measley 600mcg of bupe i took 36hrs earlier binded so strongly to my opiate receptors that it blocked the effectiveness of kratom and i went into withdrawal from my 70g+ daily habit. its all i can come up with, though it sounds ridiculous. when i used full agonist opiates heavily i gave up a 16mg a day sub script after taking 32mgs and feeling nothing but miserable the entire 3 months i was on it. man, i really dont like bupe. i also really dont like kratom anymore either. addicts gon do what addicts do though... fuck up :/

does that make scientific sense? thoughts? jus catch a bug? i dunno. but wont mess with bupe again just to be safe... i knew that shit was a bad idea