• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox How to detox between meth, benzos and heroin

Warren25

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

I want to work the heroin out of the equation first as it's been 2 months of use and I know this can cause the most physical dependence. I intend to taper the meth next and finally the benzo's.

I have been tapering both the heroin and the meth successfully. The withdrawals are however causing quite a lot of anxiety so for the first time I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow to tell them about my meth addiction to see if I can get some Valium to help with the tapering.

I won't address the heroin addiction with the doctor because I believe they'd only send me to a detox clinic and won't give me Soboxon for instance to take at home. I'd like to work myself off the heroin at this point. Intervention like that may not be necessary with only 2 months of use and I work and can't have my mom know so I have to stick it out as far as the heroin goes.

Currently I have worked down to 1/4 bag meth taper and 3 heroin bags a day, each containing about a quarter teaspoon of black tar heroin which I snort. I smoke the meth.

My question is, what are the do's and don'ts with bringing benzo's into the picture. Can I take it in the morning alongside smoking my meth or should I put some hours between smoking my meth in the morning and taking the benzo later. Can I take the Valium, morning, lunch and evening? They'd be 5mg.

I've decided to use half a bag of heroin whenever I feel a withdrawal becoming two strong and to limit it to two half bags a day.

Any pointers will be great.

Thank you

Are you currently addicted to benzos, or are you introducing them to help taper the other drugs? I am not 100% sure from your post if the valium will be a new addition or just extra benzos?

My advice would be to stop meth first, then opiates, then benzos last, one at a time.

I have heard of people using stims to get energy and motivation during opiate WD, but I think it would make insomnia and things like restless legs way worst. For benzo withdrawal taking meth sounds dangerous (from your post though it looks like that is not your plan). During benzo withdrawal your Blood pressure will go up and your seizure threshold will go down - so meth could cause a bunch of issues.

If you are not on benzos now and the valium is a new addition I would try to get as far out of the woods from your meth / opiate addiction as possible before using them. And only use them as a last resort such as getting some sleep after days of insomnia or to kill a panic attack. If you are doing a quick taper (few weeks tops) then benzos are okay, but anything longer than that and it risks becoming a new issue itself.
I'm bringing benzos into the picture for harm reduction purposes of using benzo's as my downer as opposed to opiates. It is a quick taper. They will also be there for when I give up the meth which will follow giving up the heroin. Meth is my drug of choice. It is a bit harder for me to put down so I want to start with what's achievable first before moving onto something more difficult from a psychological perspective.

You've got a good plan, and I wish you very well on this journey your about to go on.
First, atleast your not slamming the heroin. That's good. It will be easier, I agree with first stopping meth. Then the H.

If your determination is good enough you should be able to stop meth immediately, take the come down like a man and reduce your H slowly. Only use when you really need to get well. Try to limit the euphoria. But don't be hasty, you'll most probably end up getting sick and trying to feel better with your tolerance dropping end up getting high.
Benzos should be saved as much as possible because there will be good days and bad days, and if you run out you'll be in another predicament.

Use more on the bad days and less on the good days.
This is very basic, and I'm just giving you my opinion based on my own problems with trying to come off.
Use the benzos or small dose of H at night time so you can get proper sleep, eat healthy and start exercising.
If there's one thing I can promise you is exercise will help, if your unfit. Go far a walk everyday and start building on that.

It's not going to be easy and all the negative effects will prevail the more sober you become.
Don't stress that, it will become better with time. But we're talking months here, your brain is going to be going through alot of changes and you need to accept that for what it is.

Google when your in panic, there's plenty of info and you should find the answers to what your looking for.

If your determined and want to make this last, prepare for a long haul. It's going to be tough, but it's possible. If you say it's only been two months, your not shooting anything, just keep telling yourself your in a way better position than others are and have been.

Goodluck, and try to limit friendships that are going to put you in difficult situations.

If your mom finds out, it's not the end of the world. Atleast your trying to make a positive change in your life.

If your super afraid of her finding out, and you don't want to disclose what's happening to her. Blame it on depression that's started to build up over the last couple of months and that your working on it. All that said I'm not a medical expert and this is only what I can come up with, if you feel you need help from outside. Do it rather sooner than later. The hole only keeps getting harder to come out of. And the last thing you want, is to be dealing with this for the rest of your life. So I'm gathering, your still young? Get it done and move on.

You have a bright future ahead, your not in that deep yet.

Good luck

if you've been using opiates for a few months, and not all day every day for that period (sorry if you did specify!) you should be god. it took me an insanely long time to get addicted to opiates and i really needed to be using 24/7.

either way, please seak out some psychological help, to work out what is causing your problematc drug use n the first place and address the underlying causes.

You've got a good plan, and I wish you very well on this journey your about to go on.
First, atleast your not slamming the heroin. That's good. It will be easier, I agree with first stopping meth. Then the H.

If your determination is good enough you should be able to stop meth immediately, take the come down like a man and reduce your H slowly. Only use when you really need to get well. Try to limit the euphoria. But don't be hasty, you'll most probably end up getting sick and trying to feel better with your tolerance dropping end up getting high.
Benzos should be saved as much as possible because there will be good days and bad days, and if you run out you'll be in another predicament.

Use more on the bad days and less on the good days.
This is very basic, and I'm just giving you my opinion based on my own problems with trying to come off.
Use the benzos or small dose of H at night time so you can get proper sleep, eat healthy and start exercising.
If there's one thing I can promise you is exercise will help, if your unfit. Go far a walk everyday and start building on that.

It's not going to be easy and all the negative effects will prevail the more sober you become.
Don't stress that, it will become better with time. But we're talking months here, your brain is going to be going through alot of changes and you need to accept that for what it is.

Google when your in panic, there's plenty of info and you should find the answers to what your looking for.

If your determined and want to make this last, prepare for a long haul. It's going to be tough, but it's possible. If you say it's only been two months, your not shooting anything, just keep telling yourself your in a way better position than others are and have been.

Goodluck, and try to limit friendships that are going to put you in difficult situations.

If your mom finds out, it's not the end of the world. Atleast your trying to make a positive change in your life.

If your super afraid of her finding out, and you don't want to disclose what's happening to her. Blame it on depression that's started to build up over the last couple of months and that your working on it. All that said I'm not a medical expert and this is only what I can come up with, if you feel you need help from outside. Do it rather sooner than later. The hole only keeps getting harder to come out of. And the last thing you want, is to be dealing with this for the rest of your life. So I'm gathering, your still young? Get it done and move on.

You have a bright future ahead, your not in that deep yet.

Good luck
Thank you so much!