• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to Deconstruct Concerta

badanga

Greenlighter
I am prescribed 2 36 methylphenidate er a day. I previously had 54 mg mph er a day. Before that I had methylphenidate la 20mg capsules. I liked the capsuled better because I could take them through my nose for a faster and more pleasing effect. The tablets of concerta however are not as easy to do so with. They contain an outside plastic like layer which from what I heard contains 22% of the methylphenidate. The inside is a mostly white layer that can is connected to a darkish colored side of the pill. The remaining pill has a waxy membrane, and the inner contents are a thicker powder. From what I know you discard the dark part which is the filler that pushes the medicine out of the laser hole.

My question is if i'm correctly describing the process of how to do this. I do not know how to deconstruct these tablets to make them into an instant release. I've thought of splitting the pill elongated, splitting in half(which doesn't make much sense), using the remaining white part of the pill after removing the dark to thin out and then snort?

Please give me some help I can not stand the extended release it doesn't provide me with a strong enough effect. I am searching for the most efficient way to take these pills for an immediate release even if it is a way of orally consuming the pill after breaking it down. If anyone would like to provide pictures please do.
005912717.jpg
005912718.jpg

I am prescribed 2 36 methylphenidate er a day. I previously had 54 mg mph er a day. Before that I had methylphenidate la 20mg capsules. I liked the capsuled better because I could take them through my nose for a faster and more pleasing effect. The tablets of concerta however are not as easy to do so with. They contain an outside plastic like layer which from what I heard contains 22% of the methylphenidate. The inside is a mostly white layer that can is connected to a darkish colored side of the pill. The remaining pill has a waxy membrane, and the inner contents are a thicker powder. From what I know you discard the dark part which is the filler that pushes the medicine out of the laser hole.

My question is if i'm correctly describing the process of how to do this. I do not know how to deconstruct these tablets to make them into an instant release. I've thought of splitting the pill elongated, splitting in half(which doesn't make much sense), using the remaining white part of the pill after removing the dark to thin out and then snort?

Please give me some help I can not stand the extended release it doesn't provide me with a strong enough effect. I am searching for the most efficient way to take these pills for an immediate release even if it is a way of orally consuming the pill after breaking it down. If anyone would like to provide pictures please do.
005912717.jpg
005912718.jpg
I'd suggest talking to your doc about it because i know it's pretty common for Concerta to only last a fraction of how long its supposed to. That's why there's like-almost a dozen different brand methylphenidate medications (almost all of them being extended release capsules) they all have varying durations and doses and I'm assuming they're also different formulations of the drug so, if methylphenidate is working well but the duration is the prob then look at the other brands, plus I know they also prescribe Instant Release Ritalin in low doses as a "booster" to take in the afternoon to prevent the severe crash and lengthen the duration. and im VERY sorry that was word salad lol

I don't want to be a dick but there is such a thing as the search engine.

But yes cutting it in half lengthwise will do, save the outer shell it's immediate release methylphenidate