• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin How to deal with cold sensitivity after H?

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
It’s been a month off opiates.(before this it was occasional dumb relapses,slowly trying to stop kida) I made it through Xmas & New Years without relapsing.
Idk how I’ll do but lately I feel more mentally/emotionally ready finally to do this stretch it etc. on my own.
You know the whole forcing to get clean &/vs. actually wanting to for your own self.more ready then ever before...

But I’m still extra cold All the time
Any advice? Or just deal with it somehow lol. ??
With being extra cold all the time? Still

Takes a while for your body to start regulating its heat properly again, took me about 6 months before it was almost completely gone.

I think jumping into cold water got me more used to it again too, also just being healthier your will feel warmer

Was on methadone/fent heroin for 7 years

For sure thanks. Just wondered cuz some people may stay on subs,methadone. And that’s totally cool
but Im trying to not take anything that is an opiate or opioid
(But I did wean down slowly)

i had something similar too but for me my skin was super sensitive. Like if someone had to touch me it felt like they were running sanding paper up and down my arm. But that also subsided after a while. For some its a few days and for others weeks if not more. Just hang in there. Your body will adapt to normality again