• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to convince your doctor you need pain meds for legit reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: I am NOT asking how to trick a doctor into writing you a script, I'm asking how a someone with real chronic pain who gets profiled (young, inked, and probably red flagged for substance abuse even though I don't abuse my rxs).

I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I just don't know how to talk to my doctor and need tips.

Ok, so, I have endometriosis which thankfully means that I'm only in pain a few days a month, so I only need a few pills. I also DO NOT want opiates, except maybe super mild ones that don't cause much constipation. The constipation from opiates makes my pain a lot worse. But I also don't want to keep taking NSAIDS. I've been taking them for years and I'm starting to worry about my stomach. I know that benzos help somewhat, so I was hoping for some type of muscle relaxant or maybe something like Lyrica. I don't know though, but the point is I don't want hard opiates or anything, just something that's better/safer than NSAIDS. The most a doctor has thrown me was nortryptiline (a TCA) which I hated, and he didn't even give me that easily.

I also need a legit Adderall script at some point, which shouldn't be too hard to get (hopefully) since I've been diagnosed with severe ADHD and was going to get one, but couldnt afford to keep going to the shrink lol. Would being on pain meds (even if only 3x a month) affect this? I know doctors don't like to rx multiple meds.

Also, I meant to post this in OD, but phone won't let me.

Its still bordering on what should I ask for material which we frown upon, too. Im going to close for now but feel free to pm me or rephrase and repost if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.