• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to come down quickly from stimulants/methamphetamine

gu3sswho88

Bluelighter
Can't take this high anymore I don't feel well. All I have on hand is tradozone not sure that would help stop the high so I can sleep. :/ I don't do often so my tolerance is pretty low seems like the high is way too long.

If someone could reply before I drive myself into a heart attack
Feels like my heart is beating too fast.
Alcohol is out of the question I drank way too much yesterday

Hey there mate, sorry to hear you're having such a difficult experience.

First thing to remember is that you're probably experiencing a bit of paranoia and anxiety because of the meth itself, which will tend to make you obsess over your fast and heavy heart beat and/or anything else that's bothering you. This happens to lots of people, and the anxiety drives them to completely overreact.

Second, unless you had a mammoth dose, your heart will probably be absolutely fine once you start to come down. It can easily cope with a long period at high levels of exertion, so even though it is beating hard, try to bear that in mind and not worry so much.

As for inducing a come down, trazodone probably won't help much while still high on meth, so don't try that. If you have no other medications, sleeping tablets, even vitamin C, then I would recommend you (a) do something calming - like slow deep breathing, putting on some chilled music, or wathcing a nice happy TV show of film; (b) have a nice hot bath or shower, which will help your blood vessels relax and feel quite soothing; and (c) try to eat and drink if you can, even if you need to use some water to chew and swallow food. This will help calm you down because it kicks in the "rest and digest" response.

But the main thing is to avoid thinking/worrying about stuff, since meth will trigger those thoughts into overdrive, and to just settle back and relax until you start to naturally come down in a few hours.

Thanks that's exactly what I was thinking I'm having an anxiety attack and I'm getting paranoid about it. I'm doing breathing exercises just gotta get my mind off this bad trip lol. Thanks won't take the trazodone till I'm ready for sleep. Just awful so nauseous.

Yeah the nausea is probably because you had a little too much meth. It happens to many in that situation. Just remind yourself that you're actually completely fine, the heart is always like that on meth, then do the slow deep breathing, and just chill back and watch/listen to something interesting/relaxing. Your meth-brain should then refocus on that other stuff instead and the mild panic/anxiety feeling will pass. Good luck!

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better to read. Still not feeling good but the anxiety is more off and on now. Think its caused because I'm mad at myself for doing it again. I manage not to touch it for a couple months usually cause it's not my drug of choice but if I can't find cocaine I end up doing this cause it's available and every time I regret it cause it never agrees with me.

Honestly, forget trazadone. You are in the process even now of messing with a drug that has effects on serotonin. Trazadone if anything may do nothing for you or a placebo effect. I'm quite supprised nobody suggested acidifing your urine by drinking Orange Juice and taking Vitamin C. If your tweaking balls, have a buddy get it for you. That will start getting the amphetamine dosage down and help lower it.

Again, some will say you only need...nobody asked them. You want the double wammy effect that is not only antioxident healthy for your tweaked head, but the
Vitamin C and OJ are nutricious and acidifing the blood a bit to draw the meth amp out.

Besides herbal teas and stuff, since you won't die and you are a bit scared, enjoy it, since you probably will think twice before using the amount of meth you used again.

Happy trails.

Thanks I'm gonna try orange juice! I'm actually feeling worse but probably normal since I'm getting tired.
Doing it at all was a mistake, I stopped doing it a while ago but sometimes if I can't find cocaine I end up doing it cause I clearly make poor choices when I'm drinking.
You're right I'm trying to remind myself that is will pass soon.

Yeah, as Speed King said, I wouldn't mess with trazadone due to the serotonin effects.

Do you have any access to Seroquel? It always worked exceptionally well for me for cocaine comedowns, bring me down very quickly. I've been told by others that if you're really high on meth, Seroquel is not strong enough to do much, but everyone is different.

No I don't :( I used it before and it does help. The tradozone is my own prescription for insomnia so that's why I just have that. I stopped getting him at 1030 am now 7 PM and I'm still high and not in a good way. ? Yeah thanks I won't take the trazodone I don't wanna get worse

If you can get access to a benzo then that will probably be ur best bet. For instance if I've taken too much coke ill take Alprazolam or Clonazepam and it usually kills off any of the nasty side effects of strong stimulants. Any benzo will work really, even Diazepam.

EDIT: The Antipsychotic Quetiapine works too, does for me anyway.

I'll give u a example...

By the time ive snorted my last line of coke ill wait an hour or so then co-administer either Alprazolam 2mg or Clonazepam 2mg, plus 150mg Quetiapine on top. Within 30 mins I'll start to feel completely normal and then I'll be able to sleep!

Last edited:
Can't take this high anymore I don't feel well. All I have on hand is tradozone not sure that would help stop the high so I can sleep. :/ I don't do often so my tolerance is pretty low seems like the high is way too long.

Milk will take the edge off and bring you down a little. Sounds like you needed bigger guns than that for sure, but milk is readily available and a good place to start.

Last edited:

Benzodiazepines will calm you down a lot. Anti-psychotics can abort-trip, too.
The Trazodone might help you sleep?