View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to be trip sit(ted)?

AnanasBannana

Bluelighter
Personally, I prefer being alone on LSD. A sober trip sitter seems like something that would cause me anxiety.

Any advice on how to be trip sat; how to best use a trip sitter?

They need to understand that you want to be alone at times; like if you wander off, don't come looking for me, that kinda thing. I've failed as a sitter before by being overly protective and others have for me as well. Sure, don't let em wander into traffic, but if they're on a big empty beach and wander away 500 feet, it's no biggie, let them be. Sometimes you just want to be alone.

Also, it's just one of my pet peeves, I hate being asked, "How's your trip going," because it's really a silly question, so personally I would ask my sitter to never ask how I'm doing; if I have any words for them, I'll talk to them first.

Activities like colouring and drawing are always good to keep the mind focused on the good :)

Never really seen the point - having to think about someone straight watching you. What exactly is he going to do? Say "it's allright" if you panic? You're better off dealing with any panic yourself..but whatever you do don't call the police to "come and help".

Personally, I prefer being alone on LSD. A sober trip sitter seems like something that would cause me anxiety.

Any advice on how to be trip sat; how to best use a trip sitter?

Why, if you "prefer being alone on LSD", do you suddenly need a sitter?
Larger dose, new sub? I say, stay with what works.

Why, if you "prefer being alone on LSD", do you suddenly need a sitter?
Larger dose, new sub? I say, stay with what works.

Was thinking the same.

I've only ever had a trip sitter once and that was for my first time taking DMT. For me it took a lot away from the trip as I had an intense feeling of someone looking over my shoulder which I had never had before and cannot say was it the 'DMT elves' or the presence of the sitter.

I normally trip 'alone' - either I am in the house during the day on my own or if at night I am in the same house as someone but they are asleep and I am up tripping. I have had to call on them once - early on experimenting with MXE I took a hefty dose and lay down in the dark to experience it. After a while I decided to get up and put on the telly but halfway to the light switch I couldn't get my bearings, (keep in mind it was pitch black and 80 mgs of MXE was pounding at my head) and had to call out for my other half to come and put on the light so I could actually move, disorientating but fun :) .

The trick is to have your sitter be a trusted friend, so you don't have to worry about them seeing you act silly.

Ismene said:
You're better off dealing with any panic yourself

Not necessarily.

Activities like colouring and drawing are always good to keep the mind focused on the good :)
When I was tripping on shrooms with mates I made them draw a clock on a piece of paper. Obviously no one knew what time it was, watches are verboten on psychedelics. Witness my finest work

Also I'm not a huge fan of being around sober people when I trip, I know I can keep myself together but them looking at me and asking if I'm ok creeps me out. Just because I'm on my knees in the kitchen repeating "I'm gone" doesn't mean I need assistance. Although that was a heavy case of ego death, which was followed by synaesthesia which reduced my movement capability to crawling. 10/10 would do again.

I have had to call on them once - early on experimenting with MXE I took a hefty dose and lay down in the dark to experience it. After a while I decided to get up and put on the telly but halfway to the light switch I couldn't get my bearings, (keep in mind it was pitch black and 80 mgs of MXE was pounding at my head) and had to call out for my other half to come and put on the light so I could actually move, disorientating but fun :) .
Been there on LSD, walked into a pitch black corridor, Not only I felt like I got no body, instead I was a brain floating is space but I couldn't get out for the life of me. Similar thing happened on last trip which was fun until I walked into a wall and busted an eye brow.

Last edited:
Been there on LSD, walked into a pitch black corridor, Not only I felt like I got no body, instead I was a brain floating is space but I couldn't get out for the life of me. Similar thing happened on last trip which was fun until I walked into a wall and busted an eye brow.
the second time I smoked weed I came from a bright spotlight into a dark hallway. I had to sit on the ground for what felt like hours (prob 5 min) until I could make out the light from the stairway. I couldn't call out to my friends that kept walking cause it was a church trip late at night...