• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to avoid nausea with opiate/heroin use.

Spiffy216

Greenlighter
Hello. I was wondering if any of you fine people have or know of any tips/tricks/meds that can help avoid or lessen the nausea and vomiting that can come with opiate/heroin use. Thanks in advance!

Take less, Period! That's nature's way of saying, "Dude, take a little less cause if you keep it up, I'm going to make you puke. Got it!" Please be safer next time, OK?

If you are looking for meds then Zofran and promethazine are the top 2 prescribed anti nausea meds, with Zofran being the one many hospitals use. Some members say that laying down for the first 10 to 15 minutes helps. Also, when I first started dealing with nausea before I was prescribed anything I found that Zantac helped.

An anti-histamine ( like benadry ) works if you don't mind an extra bit of sedation. If you are looking for something not psychoactive ginger also works ( I use ginger gravol tablets. available pretty much anywhere)

My favorite medicine for nausea is Ondansetron (Zofran), but I do not use it when I take opioids, only with psychedelics and empathogens. For some reason opiates have never produced me nausea of any kind.
4mg of Ondansetron will do the trick.

Some time ago I used Doxilamine to add sedation to my opiate experiences but the side effects I received from it did not compensate at all. Now I prefer to take 150mg of Pregabalin.

DocLad

i think Alprazolam have anti sickness medicine in them too.. But its Not recommended to mix them both.

I'm my experience when I have the proper full on opiate high in motion their is no other alternative lay down comfortably or ruin the buzz by not letting your body get in a relaxed position I never puke when I lay down and stay laying down, the problem with me is though I get inpatient and end up wanting to move but as I gained more experience I realized I was just wasting the high if I wasn't laying down no promethazine or allergy tablets needed just some fizzy Hasbro sweets and dilute and if your hungry wait until the nausea passes get up make yourself some cheese on toast and a nice cup of tea and enjoy life.

Then wake up the next day in withdrawal that's the life.

Nausea lessens with tolerance, but tolerance leads to dependence. Therefore, count yourself lucky if opiates are still making you sick.

But most people do not have the luxury of laying down during the entire "high". I take meds all day long and have to function so I take Zofran during the day for nausea and promethazine at night, since promethazine is stronger and more sedating to me. I don't feel high anymore when taking my meds, which is why I put it in quotes.

But yes, if someone does not have antihistamines or anti nausea meds then it's best to lay down for about 15 minutes and the worst will pass by then. I was on tramadol for 5 years and it made me sick to my stomach everyday. Methadone did the same in the beginning. So my doctor loads me up on anti nausea medicine. While I don't always need it everyday, it's nice to know I have it, just in case.