• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How safe is this etizolam and poppy seed tea combo?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
Last night I meant to take 2 etiz for insomnia and ended up compulsively redosing(these things should not taste like God damn candy) and blacking out and woke up this morning to find 6 missing. There's usually an extra pill missing lol but this time it was quite a bit. My fault, since I usually keep my strips hidden so I don't redose.

Anyway, I took 0.5 mg this morning. Now I'm planning on drinking some poppy seed tea. This would be from a fairly weak 1 pounds bag. Now I know you can't tell me exactly how safe it is, but in general, does this sound ok?

Oh and I've been addicted to opiates in the past, so there is definitely some tolerance there. No tolerance to benzos though.

I would say that .5mg shouldnt give you too much of a problem, but i tend to feel like my breathing is much more depressed with poppy seed tea than any other opiate/opioid ive tried, so be VERY aware of it, and if you think youre having any trouble at all, make sure that you stay awake. AND DONT REDOSE THE ETIZOLAM

Enjoy the high though, should be good

Thank you, the 0.5 mg is just for anxiety (2mg seems to be my dose where I lose all self control and start eating them like candy) and I agree with you about PST. It's actually the only opiate where I've really noticed respiratory depression, but the seeds I have are weak as shit. So hopefully the small amount of etizolam+poppy seed tea will make for a very enjoyable day :)

I wouldn't worry about either one, HOWEVER since I do not know the [morphine] in your seeds, I don't want to be responsible for killing you. At LEAST titrate your solution; drink a moderate amount, wait an hour and see how you feel, then drink more if you aren't feeling it or want to up it.I actually find it EXTREMELY easy to assess PST strength. Your golden rule is bitter=better. Morphine and codeine (and most alkaloids in fact) are moderately to intolerably bitter. This is no accident - it's evolution's way of telling you to be fucking careful what you shove down your throat lol. That is the number one way of gauging strength. Another is color, but beware - this can be very unreliable! IN GENERAL, the color you want is brown, brown, brown. A strong tea will be a deep, puke-yellow color with hints of brown. A knock-you-off-your-ass-and-die tea will usually be purely brown or dark brown. However, even the darkest of teas will become much lighter if you use too much water. If you drink it all, you're obviously still getting the same, entire dose.

Where do you get your seeds? Generally, the cheaper they are (price wise), the better. That is because they are usually washed less than high-quality ones before packaging. Now, normally, multiple washings are desireable. Not here - you want em as rugged and natural as possible. The unwashed, opiate-rich seeds tend to be black, not grey, and if you're really lucky they will have teeny brown specks throughout. These are bits of the pod itself, and much stronger than residue on the seeds. Still, even the most washed and packaged seeds can often give you a BIT of a buzz if you use enough and your tolerance is low. But if you shake em up like crazy, do it properly and strain them right, and the water is a greyish white or very pale yellow....sadly, you're not gonna be too happy with it.

On the other hand, you can apparently order seeds online from Australia where it is NOT legally mandatory to wash their poppy seeds at all! I've heard stories about shipments of delicious, black and sticky seeds with pod residue everywhere.. My spinal Substantia gelatinosa mu receptors are itching just thinking about it...but for God sakes, if you do go that route, BE THE FUCK CAREFUL OR YOU WILL DIE!!! You seriously can NOT mess around with unwashed seeds unless you know EXACTLY, and I mean fucking EXACTLY what you're doing!!! Even experts should only start off with a SIP! A very good thing can turn into a horrifically BAD thing very quickly. Also make sure you use with a sitter.

Thanks for the detailed reply bomb319 :)

Yep, always titrate my doses. I'm not nearly as irresponsible with mixing/opiates alone than I am with benzos, haha. This current batch is nice and bitter and puke yellow, but I spilled half of it and have no more seeds :( I'm not really feeling it anyway, the bag was weak when my tolerance was low, now I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not enough for me. How much water do you use? The general rule I've always gone by is about an inch of water over the seeds. I think I could use less but I want to make sure I'm getting all the alkaloids possible.

As for sources, I used to get mine from this great source (seeds came with lots of poppy pod/straw bits) that always produced incredible tea, like pinpoint pupils and nodding, but they are SO expensive I'd rather not buy from them. Great to know about the Australian seeds! And good warning. If I go that route, I will be careful. I do have what seems to be quite a tolerance though.

Well, just kidding. The tea is DEFINITELY kicking in :) The difference maker was doing another very vigorous wash. Pretty sure the etizolam is out of my system by now anyway so it's all good. My one last question-would it be dangerous to take 1mg of etizolam before bed (for insomnia) or should I just take a Benadryl instead?

Well, just kidding. The tea is DEFINITELY kicking in :) The difference maker was doing another very vigorous wash. Pretty sure the etizolam is out of my system by now anyway so it's all good. My one last question-would it be dangerous to take 1mg of etizolam before bed (for insomnia) or should I just take a Benadryl instead?

Sorry, I know this is late - I'm just now going through a bunch of previous posts I made that I haven't had time to check. I would be very careful mixing benzos with pharmaceutical opiates at the best of times. If you have very strong tea having used morphine rich, unwashed seeds, I would NOT take any benzos with it! It could be fine, it could kill you. Better safe than sorry, right? The reason I say that is because you simply don't know what your dose of opiate alkaloids is.

Thanks for the response, at this point I have a high enough tolerance that I do mix pharmaceutical opiates and benzos, but only at therapeutic doses. I actually ended up OD'ing once already because I added a few mgs of etizolam to the normal mix, luckily I live with my bf and it didn't even result in a hospital trip because after he turned me on my back and that was enough to get me to start breathing again, but still. All of you were absolutely right that it's not a safe combo. The only reason I can handle opiates and benzos (actual benzos, not thienos) is because I'm on a constant regimen for chronic pain and related panic attacks. Thanks for responding anyway, luckily I'm still here and hopefully someone reads and learns from this.