• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! how quickly does shroom tolerance go down... really?

witchon

Greenlighter
i'm sure this question has been asked before, but i'm wondering specifically about smaller doses. six days ago i did half a gram of shrooms and only experienced some very mild visuals. if i were to take 1.5-2g tonight, would i be able to fully trip? i only did such a small amount last time due to bad previous experiences with shrooms. i wanted to get my feet wet before attempting a real trip. tonight would be the perfect time for me to go all-in, but i don't want to get myself all hyped up for nothing and end up wasting my supply. so... worth it or not?

i'm sure this question has been asked before, but i'm wondering specifically about smaller doses. six days ago i did half a gram of shrooms and only experienced some very mild visuals. if i were to take 1.5-2g tonight, would i be able to fully trip? i only did such a small amount last time due to bad previous experiences with shrooms. i wanted to get my feet wet before attempting a real trip. tonight would be the perfect time for me to go all-in, but i don't want to get myself all hyped up for nothing and end up wasting my supply. so... worth it or not?
Yeah you should be able to trip and feel pretty much the full effects of that dose :)

Yeah about a week in my experience but, for me personally, if I've had a psychedelic within the last few months then it's always a little less 'magic'.

It seems that tolerance works differently for different people. At least as far as what I hear people say.

For me, shroom tolerance works as a textbook example. Two weeks for full baseline tolerance reset. Trips two days in row take 3x as much the second day to feel the same effect as the dosage taken on the first day.

The calculator linked below is actually remarkably accurate, for me anyway.

@witchon what means "fully trip"?
5 days would leave you fully ready to trip after the very moderate trial dose.
preconceptions about what is a trip are probably the least valuable baggage to take into a trip, needless to say, you will be more resonantly exposed by this higher dose than you were with the lower dose with nothing holding you back.

Psychedelics 101

In this course we review the basics of psychedelic tripping:

when we say set and setting and dose are the factors that prevail, it can seem a bit cryptic or easy to misunderstand.
it could take years before people understand that set means mind set, and that mind set means what you carry within your self, not just what you carry from the last 5 minutes, or the last week, but all of what you are including the effort you make to be ready to trip.

setting pertains to what signals the environment will contribute to your extra resonant psychedelic mind

and dose pertains to your personal physical and mental susceptibility to the psychedelic drug, there are charts that help outline what time periods after what kinds of doses of psychedelics are commonly considered enough to leave you fully ready to trip in metabolic terms (aka tolerance).

Much of tripping is about finding out who you are one way or another, which means that we all go in unprepared, as it is assumed we do not actually have a firm grip on mindset, but we can intuit readiness to trip by a person's behaviour, and usually assume that highly reactive and argumentative defensive behaviour leads to much more difficult trips.