View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How psychedelic is 6-apb?

dude_87

Greenlighter
If someone typically responds poorly to psychedelics but very well to mdma, ketamine, and weed, do you think they'll be ok with 6-apb or is too similar to a psychedelic? I hear 6-apb has light visuals. How about the headspace?

It's somewhat visual, but I wouldn't call it psychedelic. It's similar to MDA, where at higher dosages it causes visuals and a sort of almost delirium. I like it, but it's not what I would refer to as psychedelic.

After the "brand new substance I've never tried before" novelty wares off, lets say after doing it 3-4 times, I find the substance is kinda junk just like MDA. I feel "spacey" visually and in the head when 6-APB takes effect. Usually one right around the same time I get a lingering queasyness starting in the stomach and unless I take some metaclopramide (Maxalon), I will often just feel nausious for hours until I come down. There is anxiety and a general feeling of weirdness from start to finish. It can be confusingly similar to MDMA but only just as it comes on, soon enough the feeling is obviously completely different (at least to someone like me that gets a largely theraputic effect from MDMA). Rather than feeling loved up, clean, euphoria and empathy of the MDMA peak, it's like I usually feel disphoria, uneasy, sketchy & anxious. Kinda like taking MDMA and waiting for it, waiting for it, but never peaking and then getting weird visual effects out of the corner of your eye, like always thinking your friend is right next to you, only turning around to realise they are not there. I can occassionally drift into a visual halucination for a moment and then snap out of it (somewhat like the psychedelic of effects of anticholinergic delerium but only for a breif moment). Otherwise I might have closed eye visuals, like imagining pleople dancing with vivid fluoro glowsticks.

All the above effects I mention are the same as I get for MDA. I would assume it's probably difficult or next to impossible for most poeple to tell the difference between 6-APB and MDA if they took it in a blinded experiment. Much in the same way that it would be difficult or impossible for most people to tell the difference between 5-MAPB and MDMA in a blinded experiment.

I find 6-APB or MDA both can be really sketchy and disphoric on the comedown sometime whereas MDMA or 5-MAPB there is usually a euphoric afterglow coming down. The visual effects or full blown transformative, psychedellic trip I find not worth chasing on 6-APB or MDA as generally taking a dose high enought just increases the negative effects like the nausia, sometimes feeling like I need to piss constantly, and weird sketched out feelings and sometimes a really scatt comedown. Generally any of the psychedelic phenethylamines in the 2C-X family I find much more suitable for visual eye candy or for a full blown transformative, psychedellic trip. Even though I'm not a big fan of psychedellic tryptamines myself (too ego bashing for me, amplifing the my shadow side of my psychology), I'd still say that for a positive, and really transformative/psychedellic headspace with or without visuals I generally would find psilocybin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-AcO-MiPT, LSD and probably a bunch of others still easier to work with.

Last edited:
Ive only had one experience with 6 APB HCL but it had amazing CEVs..
Ive never touched MDA but it was very similar to everything Ive read about that compound. It could be down to the person though as my mind is very psychedelic leaning to begin with, some people might just experience the empathogenic effects.