• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How overcome sleep paralisys ?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I tried paying a friend $5 an hour to watch me at night

And wake me up when he saw me going through one

But I dont have the $$$ to do that anyone not at this time

Has anyone found a way to stop sleep paralisys?

I think its supposed to be worse if you sleep on your back so you could try sleeping another way if thats what you do

what meds/drugs you are taking? delirium antimuscarinic can cause this, i have a personal experience with this
None, at the moment sometimes I drink beer until I pass out, and I dont experience this at all, but that's not a good technique

I've been experiencing this since 9 years old, it's really annoying

Lots of people will say this is just in my head but I swear it stopped happening to me when I
  1. Moved out of a house I did a lot of bad shit in
  2. Cleansed my new house when it started happening again a year later
  3. Started sleeping with Talisman
I was at my wits end with it and this was the advice I got from my friend. She gave me the Talisman and instructions on how to cleanse the house. I basically burned sage and told whatever was bothering me to GTFO. It hasn't come back. I went through periods with whatever it was where it would come back with force for a long time after I abused benzos and opioids. It always seemed to happen when I was at my weakest. I don't really care if what I did was just in my head it has worked for a couple of years now and I haven't had sleep paralysis.

Lots of people will say this is just in my head but I swear it stopped happening to me when I
  1. Moved out of a house I did a lot of bad shit in
  2. Cleansed my new house when it started happening again a year later
  3. Started sleeping with Talisman
I was at my wits end with it and this was the advice I got from my friend. She gave me the Talisman and instructions on how to cleanse the house. I basically burned sage and told whatever was bothering me to GTFO. It hasn't come back. I went through periods with whatever it was where it would come back with force for a long time after I abused benzos and opioids. It always seemed to happen when I was at my weakest. I don't really care if what I did was just in my head it has worked for a couple of years now and I haven't had sleep paralysis.

I dont wanna push my luck, but I can confirm that everything you said is true

I will pm you a question I have in mind

I just dont want to say it here in public lol

^if you manage to find a means by which to stop sleep paralysis, please let me know, even if by PM. It only happens to me once or twice a year, but it's a horrible, terrifying experience and I'd be willing to do just about anything to stop it from ever happening again!

Sleep paralysis happened to me rhe first time in my life when i took xtc and the days after i had it.
If i take alprazolam i also have mild sleep paralysis.
And one i had last week a chinese bite my thump and i couldnt do anything - there i started to take 5 htp so i guess it has something to do with depression/mood/serotonin

it happened to me when I was mild abuser of GBL(which I haven't time to easily turn into NaGHB (easy-peasy)so i stopped using it back 8ish years from now. was sleeping 2hrs at the night just about when i finished working on my and wife's GF then, part of the house which I built alone with my friend's dad, not to mention that I was becoming working hard to become a senior asistant manager of the chain of high quality Australian's best and largest stores, with furniture, bedding dept , house appliances and best AV/IT brands like f.e. when opened in Croatia it was around 500rd store 13.000m2. F.e. KitchenAID, DYSON,...Samsung, Apple,POLO-Max Divani Scavollini......!! Aussies or Irish people(only from Ireland, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Singapore, indonesia will know the name i was selling bed and mattress 10.000 euros worth once a week at least . U.S. hasnt openned yet... neither it will it,s not Ikea, have that to its cheap....

SO.....stress was imaginable but I'm tough guy till SLEEP PARALYSIS came....Feeear of the Dark....wtf...barely breathing can't move and I'm awake So i try myself bit by bit moveing till panicked twitched and body listened

Lately when i found out there is no Morningstar or Maze or Deamon laying on my chest... frend told me your brain is still awake while brain signals CNS to go to sleep from excesive tiredenes...simple as that

maybe once or twice long before but thats that .....Sorry for long post

It's an awful terrifying experience. Does seem to happen the most when I am sleeping on my back, almost never happens when I sleep on my side.

Sometimes I am able to recognize that it is happening while it's actually happening. In those cases, I've been trying to take some control of the experience. I don't know if things like astral projection are possible but if they are then maybe it's more likely during an episode of sleep paralysis. I find I can actually start to control my breathing and begin to relax into the experience instead of fighting it. I can get the fear to dissipate this way. Often times I just fall back asleep but sometimes I'm able to practice sort increasing and decreasing my level of consciousness at will, if that makes sense, through what feels similar to meditation.

Then I try to move, not my physical body but I guess my spiritual one? Haven't successfully been able to get up and travel around yet though. Obviously may not be possible (beyond simply dreaming of doing so) but I guess it can't hurt to try.

It's an awful terrifying experience. Does seem to happen the most when I am sleeping on my back, almost never happens when I sleep on my side.

Sometimes I am able to recognize that it is happening while it's actually happening. In those cases, I've been trying to take some control of the experience. I don't know if things like astral projection are possible but if they are then maybe it's more likely during an episode of sleep paralysis. I find I can actually start to control my breathing and begin to relax into the experience instead of fighting it. I can get the fear to dissipate this way. Often times I just fall back asleep but sometimes I'm able to practice sort increasing and decreasing my level of consciousness at will, if that makes sense, through what feels similar to meditation.

Then I try to move, not my physical body but I guess my spiritual one? Haven't successfully been able to get up and travel around yet though. Obviously may not be possible (beyond simply dreaming of doing so) but I guess it can't hurt to try.

When I have an incident of sleep paralysis, I almost always realize what is going on, but that doesn't stop it from being terrifying. I have two different manifestations with one occurring much more than the other. I usually understand that my mind is in awake mode and my body is in sleep mode in both iterations. That knowledge doesn't stop me from fearing that I'd had a stroke in my sleep and I am permanently paralyzed, which is basically my greatest fear.

Other times, when I'm cognizant of what is happening, it also doesn't rid me of the inexplicable sense of the of the presence of some malevolent entity of unknown origin. I can really understand how this type of experience is attributed by many to demons, aliens, or any number of horrific things. This is the less common manifestation of the phenomenon for me.

Last edited:
I suffered night terrors as a child. From a very yoing age i thought it was hallucinations but after abusing mdma , aMT, GBL, MDPV? I suffered sleep paralysis. More so from mdma and aMT (i think due to the serotonin action of both these chemicals)

After abstaining for years from said substances it slowly declined and i now suffer no night terrors/sleep paralysis. Although i imagine if i use any serotonin releaser/ inhibitor i might suffer again.

I found even 5htp to have some effect on this so i think its purely action on serotonin levels?

Its horrible when it happens. Makes falling asleep a pain.

Have u tried 5-htp op? Do u use any medications or substances over the past 6 months?

I had this regularly from 14 til 20s sometime like 22(?) and for me the only thing was time. I actually escalated to full blown night terrors, particularly when drunk. Alcohol disturbs sleep btw massively, maybe youre just not remembering anything but its still happening. I never remember when Ive been screaming all night. Thankfully this isnt a regular occurence.

it happended to me when i took xtc and a mild one when i took alprazolam

so i guess it has something with nxiety to do or seeotonin.
It was bad i was laying in my fucking visco bed and i heard someone coming in the hozse. Wanted to get up but couldnt move and breathe.

I remember this also happened twice when my father died suffering from cancer.
I also had a dream that someone came in in my house and was sgealing thing and i couldnt move.

No matter what bad happened in my life i was always dreaming the same: a stranger is in my house, i cant move .
As a child i additionally dreamed that he grabbed me throught the window.
But well lets be happy cpz some people dresm that the devil is in one corner of the room and is starrimg at you and whisperer things and you cant move omgfff

Last edited: